ICT vs. Rovers

Suppose we had better get this started with it being the Friday ko.

ICT seem to be struggling a bit. 

The good news is our record against ICT is shocking with no wins in 20 years, and as a bonus we tend to be God's gift to struggling teams. Bottom of the league? Bereft of confidence? Needing a kick start? We're here for you.

Hoping for some kind of change in shape from McGlynn as we've become achingly predictable, and our forwards are either (kindly) out of form or (less kindly) reverting to their natural ceiling after an early season thermal lifted them higher than they otherwise would reach.

Expecting a drab 1-0 loss before the return game at Starks and then facing a new manager bounce Ayr at Somerset where our record is not as bleak and only reaches into the awful category.

Edited by renton

Despite concerns over the efficacy of our strikers, I'd be tempted to go 4-3-3 or maybe 4-3-1-2 here. In addition to us struggling in the forward department Armstrong is a bit off the boil and I'm not so sure we can replace him effectively by sticking to the same system. 

Macdonald 

Tumilty - Benedictus - Musonda - Macdonald 

Hendry - Matthews - Spencer

Kennedy - Ugwu - Duku/Abraham/Gullan

Take your pick up front for the last berth! 

Edited by Michael W

It's a sorry state of affairs when we are sitting 2nd in the league yet I can't help myself from constantly worrying about the gap to whoever is 2nd bottom.

We need 3 or 4 points at a minimum from this double header. 

Expected return: 0/1 points.

46 minutes ago, renton said:

The good news is our record against ICT is shocking with no wins in 20 years, and as a bonus we tend to be God's gift to struggling teams. Bottom of the league? Bereft of confidence? Needing a kick start? We're here for you.

For any ICT fans thinking the above is just the usual pessimistic noise coming from supporters when they are playing a team they should beat, I refer you to our December home match against Queen of the South which turned them into world beaters.

Agree with pretty much what’s been said, by all. Sitting a point clear in 2nd place, but for some reason, I looked at the table last night and shat myself to only see 8pts difference from 2nd bottom, ICT, and we’ve now got a double header against them.

For me the team has to be:

. JMac
Tumilty Musonda Bene KMac
Matthews Hendry Spencer
Kennedy
Ugwu Gooooollan

The RaithTV guys said Vaughan was at full pelt in the pre match warmup/training, I’d keep him for a cameo on Tuesday and would only play him on our carpet. Wouldn’t take the risk on any other pitch.

McGlynn seemed fairly happy with the performance last night so I don’t think there’ll be wholesale changes. Would be harsh to change the defence after a clean sheet as well.

I expect Ugwu for Duku and the outside chance of Spencer dropping out for Tait, but to be honest Tait was fairly rotten when he came on last night.

If we don’t beat Inverness in the next two games, I don’t think we ever will. Thoroughly expect a loss on Friday regardless of form.

I know the Raith fans are all being negative and probably rightfully so considering the record but this is possibly the worst team ICT has ever put together. We are pretty much guaranteed to concede at least one goal and then it’s really just luck if our strikers can bundle the ball into the back of the net.

Keatings surely won’t play, which is an enormous plus for us as he is a guaranteed goal - he has scored over 20% of his career goals v us. If we are to ever win in Inverness, it’ll be Friday. Still can’t see it though, 1-0 Inverness.

I fucking hate playing Inverness.  Think I've been to the majority of games up there since we played them the week after 9/11, and I'm pretty sure we have been defeated every time.  The worst being;

1. A game in 09/10 when nobody could actually see the pitch due to fog

2. The 2nd game of that season when were defeated 4-3 by a goal in the 300th minute.  All I can remember is a bit of seat flying past my ear.

3. That Scottish Cup QF when Barry Mckay put in the performance that is used as a dictionary definition of "Shitehawk"

4. A midweek game around the time of 9/11, for some reason I was really looking forward to going up after school, and we got hammered 5-2.

Cant wait for Friday.

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Keatings surely won’t play, which is an enormous plus for us as he is a guaranteed goal - he has scored over 20% of his career goals v us. If we are to ever win in Inverness, it’ll be Friday. Still can’t see it though, 1-0 Inverness.

Keatings seemed to come off pretty early in the second half last night, not sure if he had picked up a knock or weather it was a planned change.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I fucking hate playing Inverness.  Think I've been to the majority of games up there since we played them the week after 9/11, and I'm pretty sure we have been defeated every time.  The worst being;

2. The 2nd game of that season when were defeated 4-3 by a goal in the 300th minute.  All I can remember is a bit of seat flying past my ear.

3. That Scottish Cup QF when Barry Mckay put in the performance that is used as a dictionary definition of "Shitehawk"

4. A midweek game around the time of 9/11, for some reason I was really looking forward to going up after school, and we got hammered 5-2.

Cant wait for Friday.

That 4-3 game was incredible, okay maybe not for you. Some entertainment and I think the overhead kick winner in the last minute is the goal that won us the league that year.

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Agree with pretty much what’s been said, by all. Sitting a point clear in 2nd place, but for some reason, I looked at the table last night and shat myself to only see 8pts difference from 2nd bottom, ICT, and we’ve now got a double header against them

Doesn't help when it's Inverness and that gap will be 2 points after the double header is over. 

At least someone else will then be in 9th and a few points behind us. But it's unnerving. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Cant wait for Friday.

Sorry about that.