Sarah Everard

I think she was sitting on the bench using the phone, had let the dog off which had gone close to the river. Dog looks like it's about to fall in, she puts the phone down and runs over and falls in herself and unfortunately can't get out.

On 10/02/2023 at 22:34, Willie adie said:

Is this the old woman fae Monymusk

Yes, still not found. We heaped up a lot of the flood debris at the end of last week and nothing there.....culd be in bebris amongst trees on river bank though as they remain un-distrubed

On 11/02/2023 at 15:21, throbber said:

100 percent convinced because he knows where the corpse is.

0BB16E29-EBD8-4091-AE34-101D9CA4FB97.jpeg

That's the feeling you get off him but I don't think it was physically possible 

There was no time 

Might just remain a mystery 

On 11/02/2023 at 06:54, V.Aye.R said:

Channel 5 did a 90 minute special tonight with Dan Walker and the Sonar Guy. Unhinged. 

Must have missed the other shows they've done for non-White missing people. 

Yeah, same as the Sarah Everard case, you can't help but feel queasy that certain cases (usually involving 'ideal' victims) get far more media attention than others.

The exact same circumstances replicated with any man, or a woman from an ethnic minority or poor background, would almost certainly not get the same attention. People cannot be naive on this surely?

On 11/02/2023 at 13:51, hk blues said:

Plenty of white missing people haven't had the coverage this has.  The nature of her disappearance makes it newsworthy, not the fact she is white. 

I don't agree, it wouldn't be too difficult to find baffling disappearances of other people in the UK that haven't had anywhere near the same level of attention.

On 11/02/2023 at 21:26, Miguel Sanchez said:

People being more interested in things happening in their own country than others isn't as outrageous as you think it is.

But, equally, the new Zealand earthquake in Christchurch would have received far more press coverage than comparable (or far worse) incidents in other parts of the world that are much closer to the UK.

No one individual is at fault for this, you can feel sorry for the people involved in these cases whilst also queasy that papers with middle class white female will sell more / garner more empathy than pretty much anyone else. And if you don't believe class is a factor, have a look at Maddie McCann Vs Shannon Matthews.

I distinctly remember another young girl going missing from the same area shortly after Maddie McCann but it was quickly dismissed as she was from the gypsy community and not of the same socio economic background as Maddie. No David Beckham appeal for her.

Keep calling it out, maybe eventually it will get better.

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Yeah, same as the Sarah Everard case, you can't help but feel queasy that certain cases (usually involving 'ideal' victims) get far more media attention than others.

The exact same circumstances replicated with any man, or a woman from an ethnic minority or poor background, would almost certainly not get the same attention. People cannot be naive on this surely?

I don't agree, it wouldn't be too difficult to find baffling disappearances of other people in the UK that haven't had anywhere near the same level of attention.

But, equally, the new Zealand earthquake in Christchurch would have received far more press coverage than comparable (or far worse) incidents in other parts of the world that are much closer to the UK.

No one individual is at fault for this, you can feel sorry for the people involved in these cases whilst also queasy that papers with middle class white female will sell more / garner more empathy than pretty much anyone else. And if you don't believe class is a factor, have a look at Maddie McCann Vs Shannon Matthews.

I distinctly remember another young girl going missing from the same area shortly after Maddie McCann but it was quickly dismissed as she was from the gypsy community and not of the same socio economic background as Maddie. No David Beckham appeal for her.

Keep calling it out, maybe eventually it will get better.

I guess P&B must be the epitome of white, middle-class UK then seeing as we have this topic and also a long-running one on Madeleine McCann. Who would have though it! 

On 11/02/2023 at 23:19, V.Aye.R said:

Not at all, I've come to expect it. Mainly because most people in life are selfish cvnts. 

No, no you're right.  As individuals we really should be carrying the weight of all the problems in the world on our wee shoulders rather then focus on those we feel more related to. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I guess P&B must be the epitome of white, middle-class UK then seeing as we have this topic and also a long-running one on Madeleine McCann. Who would have though it! 

This site will be mostly white, middle class, and British.

Similar demographic to Mumsnet, but just males rather than females (and they probably have fewer virgins).

14 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

This site will be mostly white, middle class, and British.

Similar demographic to Mumsnet, but just males rather than females (and they probably have fewer virgins).

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at being called middle class.  

9 hours ago, Satoshi said:

So was this gypsy lassie British?if she was,fair point.otherwise,why would the British media pay a huge amount of attention to a missing foreign national in aforeign country?did you follow the Portuguese media at the time&did they concentrate on "ideal" Maddy rather than the gypsy lass?

25 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

So was this gypsy lassie British?if she was,fair point.otherwise,why would the British media pay a huge amount of attention to a missing foreign national in aforeign country?did you follow the Portuguese media at the time&did they concentrate on "ideal" Maddy rather than the gypsy lass?

I'm not even sure if it's even  about that - the circumstances of Madeleine's disappearance were more than unusual - disappearing without trace in a foreign country whilst her parents were guzzling wine with friends is surely a story and a half. 

I think folk are not seeing the wood for the trees here.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not even sure if it's even  about that - the circumstances of Madeleine's disappearance were more than unusual - disappearing without trace in a foreign country whilst her parents were guzzling wine with friends is surely a story and a half. 

I think folk are not seeing the wood for the trees here.

Absolutely

Far from only being interested in Maddie because of her background,the media were delighted to stick it to the parents because of this

Edited by highlandcowden

3 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

Absolutely

Far from only being interested in Maddie because of her background,the media were delighted to stock it to the parents because of this

Yep...if anything the media were highly critical of her white, middle-class parents, and rightly so.