Sarah Everard

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

800 officers seems a lot. Met police are certainly not to trusted. Do they specifically ask for sex pests and deviants on the application form?

On the plus side, they are good at detecting wrong uns. Wonder what the clear up rate is?

If up to 1% of the population have psychopathic traits, and up to 4% of the population are sociopathic, what sort of profession might seem appealing? The one where they give you cuffs, pepper spray and a batton probably. It's attractive to anyone who loves power, and consequently anyone with far right tendencies.

My cousin is a police officer and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. Very much in the minority I'm guessing though. I remember when I was 19 and two officers followed me to my mum's flat at 1am. She answered the door and they pushed her out the way and turned her flat upside down looking for drugs while screaming in my face. Apparently wearing a hoodie and jogging meant I had drugs on me. I realised then they were mostly c***s at that point. 

5 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

If up to 1% of the population have psychopathic traits, and up to 4% of the population are sociopathic, what sort of profession might seem appealing? The one where they give you cuffs, pepper spray and a batton probably. It's attractive to anyone who loves power, and consequently anyone with far right tendencies.

My cousin is a police officer and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. Very much in the minority I'm guessing though. I remember when I was 19 and two officers followed me to my mum's flat at 1am. She answered the door and they pushed her out the way and turned her flat upside down looking for drugs while screaming in my face. Apparently wearing a hoodie and jogging meant I had drugs on me. I realised then they were mostly c***s at that point. 

Presumably you managed to ditch the stash beforehand? 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Presumably you managed to ditch the stash beforehand? 

I only had 3 pills left so I tripple dunted and watched season 2 of the Darling Buds of May.

That does remind me of a school mate who had a police hat in his flat. The cops chucked him in the back of the car where he stashed his undiscovered hash between the seats. Daft p***k left his polis hat on the seat too so he stuffed it in his jacket before they released him and his pal.

10 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I only had 3 pills left so I tripple dunted and watched season 2 of the Darling Buds of May.

That does remind me of a school mate who had a police hat in his flat. The cops chucked him in the back of the car where he stashed his undiscovered hash between the seats. Daft p***k left his polis hat on the seat too so he stuffed it in his jacket before they released him and his pal.

My sister once went to a fancy dress party dressed up as a male polis.  My brother in law was filth at the time and she pinched his hat and lapel stuff. 

She got stopped by the proper polis and got taken to the station. Said brother in law got in a spot of bother for "loaning out" stuff and she got off with a slapped wrist for impersonating a police officer. 

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

My sister once went to a fancy dress party dressed up as a male polis.  My brother in law was filth at the time and she pinched his hat and lapel stuff. 

She got stopped by the proper polis and got taken to the station. Said brother in law got in a spot of bother for "loaning out" stuff and she got off with a slapped wrist for impersonating a police officer. 

ACAB

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

nae chat on this Nicola Bulley lass anywhere?

I was listening to a report about it on Radio Ulster last night. The head of the Recovery/Rescue team hinted very strongly that he thought she had been murdered and hidden somewhere rather than slipped into the water, while the police are stating "it is dangerous to speculate", and are still treating it as a missing person (who slipped into the water).

It does seem a bit weird that a physically fit, fairly young woman who was apparently a reasonable swimmer would just fall into a river and drown tbh.

This has all the hallmarks of a Police f**k up and the Chief Constable making a mumbling apology in front of the cameras about "learning lessons" in 12 months time. 

53 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Have they found the dug?

It's never been mentioned, other than its lead, as far as I know.

52 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

It does seem a bit weird that a physically fit, fairly young woman who was apparently a reasonable swimmer would just fall into a river and drown tbh.

According to the report I heard it's quite shallow next to the bank but there are rocks, and if she had slipped in there and hit the rocks she could have been knocked out/killed, but wouldn't necessarily have floated away.

35 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Have they found the dug?

yep, soon after and it was dry. you'd think the dog would have jumped in after her.

its a really strange case, she was in the middle of a teams call and her phone was placed neatly on the park bench next to the dogs lead and harness. If I am in the park with the dog i'll let it off the lead but you don't take the harness off.

The underwater searcher guy seems genuine enough when saying she's not in the water and he should know as that's what him and his company do.

She's pretty much vanished into thin air.

Apparently it's a slow flowing river as well. I think bodies sink before various forms decompensition makes them float again.

I'm assuming the police are following other narratives that they aren't making public.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

The whole "fell in a river nothing to see here" line came out a bit quick IMO.

I think the same from this underwater search expert to be saying so quickly that she definitely didn't go into the water. 

Am I right in saying the family organised for him to come and help?

The husband doesn't seem to have done any press conferences which the police like making suspects do to scope them out.

12 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I think the same from this underwater search expert to be saying so quickly that she definitely didn't go into the water. 

Am I right in saying the family organised for him to come and help?

The husband doesn't seem to have done any press conferences which the police like making suspects do to scope them out.

Is that a real thing?