Sarah Everard

9 hours ago, AllSaint said:

Given they are risking their life to deal with illegal gatherings with literally no adherence to social distancing, they are the victims here. 

Keep going, son, you'll soon be down to 0.

8 hours ago, WATTOO said:

If you can explain why a bunch of folk standing in a park holding up their mobile phones is going to achieve anything, then I'd like to know, especially in the middle of a pandemic when they've been explicitly told not to do it.

The Police should indeed have acted last week in Scotland, however two wrongs don't make a right.

I think you'll also find that there were many women among the idiotic Rangers hoards, so it's nothing to do with Men can or Women can't etc.

They're obviously kept at home...

9 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The candle lit vigil crew are every bit as bad as the Rangers fans, so anyone who condemned them should equally be condemning the actions of those people tonight, putting MET officers life's at risk for no apparent reason.

SHOCKING.

Those protesting on Clapham Common should have put on Rangers tops, the police wouldn't have even gone near them, based on last week.

10 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Those protesting on Clapham Common should have put on Rangers tops, the police wouldn't have even gone near them, based on last week.

Not really getting this Rangers whatabouterry either - the Rangers fans were out celebrating something which is obviously going to be a different event to police than a protest specifically against the police themselves.

You can see Fanta head being abusive to the police in a video on twitter saying “you arrested him after he committed murder” is that not generally how the law works?

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Big team found, I'd say idiot found but we know that anyway.

I’m not encouraging the celebrations i am merely pointing out that a celebration and a protest are two very different events to police, especially a protest against the police. There were also 29 arrests in Glasgow last weekend.

The Clapham event wasn’t organised as a protest against the police, it was a vigil following a murder. There was no need for the police to start aggressively dealing with the people there. None of it needed to happen, the Met police chose to do it this way.

9 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

A better comparison might be to the way Tommy ten-names and his EDL nonces/statute protectors were "policed" a few months back. 

How did it compare to the EDL stuff last year? I’m pretty certain those who were fighting with the police got arrested there as well?

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Clapham event wasn’t organised as a protest against the police, it was a vigil following a murder. There was no need for the police to start aggressively dealing with the people there. None of it needed to happen, the Met police chose to do it this way.

How do you know what motives everyone in attendance had for being there?

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Take this pish right to f**k. It's the last throw of the desperate dice. It's the same argument that far right arseholes use when they start talking about sinking dinghies in the Channel. If you want to fly with those crows, crack on. 

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well I obviously don’t and I think there were a few of the cranks who show up to every protest there. But the event was advertised and publicised as a vigil, thousands of flowers and tributes were placed. It was hardly set up for a confrontation or violence.

34 minutes ago, throbber said:

Not really getting this Rangers whatabouterry either - the Rangers fans were out celebrating something which is obviously going to be a different event to police than a protest specifically against the police themselves.

You can see Fanta head being abusive to the police in a video on twitter saying “you arrested him after he committed murder” is that not generally how the law works?

It was a vigil, not a protest.

47 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

If the situation is calm then Police Scotland seem to operate a contain and watch them strategy (celtic x5, st Johnstone, Rangers x2) while the met seem to be more likely to get stuck in.