Accies v St Mirren 20/03/21

I didn't mind it when we used to be a yo-yo team, tbh. As long as yo-ing doesn't represent an existential threat to the club, it has its merits. Obviously the seasons when you yo are way better than the ones when you yo, but over the piece it's not too bad, and Motherwell will learn to love it, I'm sure.

Edited by Coventry Saint

In what's been a grim season for us, St Mirren breaking a glorious run of finishing lower than 'Well every year since the Berlin Wall fell (or the advent of the World Wide Web, or any other amusing historical landmark that feels appropriate) would be almost too much. An Accies win (or a draw) to keep this tinpot pettiness alive for a few more weeks would be quite good.
That said, I think I'm right in saying that back in the mists of time, when Saints did last manage it, Accies got relegated that season and then spent countless years casting around the seaside leagues, groundless while the heart was slowly ripped out of the club.
Something for everyone there.
Seriously what the f**k difference does it make?

32 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
2 hours ago, Swello said:
In what's been a grim season for us, St Mirren breaking a glorious run of finishing lower than 'Well every year since the Berlin Wall fell (or the advent of the World Wide Web, or any other amusing historical landmark that feels appropriate) would be almost too much. An Accies win (or a draw) to keep this tinpot pettiness alive for a few more weeks would be quite good.
That said, I think I'm right in saying that back in the mists of time, when Saints did last manage it, Accies got relegated that season and then spent countless years casting around the seaside leagues, groundless while the heart was slowly ripped out of the club.
Something for everyone there.

Seriously what the f**k difference does it make?

None whatsoever - it's petty as f**k, as I mentioned :)

18 minutes ago, GAD said:

A lot of fear on here from fans of other clubs. Defo worried about those Tony Fitzpatrick posts from the start of the season.

I think we all are 😂

Regardless of what happens, it's not going to be pretty on here come 5pm Saturday.

Right on cue...

0OZZctE.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56438258

I'm sure a few will enjoy Alan Stubbs claiming it wasn't realistic. That'll be Alan 'unemployed since being huckled out of the club for being a charlatan' Stubbs.

Edit: Apologies, CS, I see you posted this in the main St Mirren thread already. Still no harm in having it in here too.. :)

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Right on cue...

0OZZctE.png

I'm sure a few will enjoy Alan Stubbs claiming it wasn't realistic. That'll be Alan 'unemployed since being huckled out of the club for being a charlatan' Stubbs.

Edit: Apologies, CS, I see you posted this in the main St Mirren thread already. Still no harm in having it in here too.. :)

That will be the same Alan Stubbs who has spent that past 2 years slaughtering the board for holding unrealistic aspirations since day one and admitted to even having doubts at the interview about the targets that they were asking of him.

The same Alan Stubbs who said the board completely hamstrung him and had demands that were far too high of a club of our status.

The same Alan Stubbs who no more than 45 seconds into his very first interview as St. Mirren manager offered up the following very telling soundbite without any sort of prompting, or leading from the interviewer:

'....they (the board) come across as very supportive, realistic, ambitious....'

Amazing how only AFTER his pathetic failing that he was shafted by the board from day dot and cut off at the knees with a shite budget and unrealistic aspirations of the top six.

2 minutes ago, The Marly said:

You must be fucking ancient!

:lol:

Not that fucking old! Just happens to be lots of very young Motherwell fans...

Spoiler

..as can be seen from their patter! :P

Its going to come down to how we handle the occasion.

Whilst Accies have a horrendous injury crisis they are still a threat.

If we manage to get an early goal it will settle the nerves. The longer it goes on 0-0 the more panicky it will get. We will all be glued to the game in Perth too. The team have to be focused though, I'm sure Jim will have them in the right frame of mind. We need 1 big performances from the first whistle to the last, not had many perfect 90 minute performances this season.

Just a shame the fans can't go. We'd filled every bit of allocation Accies had for us. Would have been some atmosphere.

I've said it all along, you don't get a trophy for finishing top 6, would rather be in StJohnstones position with a trophy than ours without one but we have seen so many teams similar size to ourselves, and much smaller, finishing top 6 it's about time we got the monkey off our back.

7 hours ago, Ric said:

Right on cue...

0OZZctE.png

Going for 2 wild predictions.........Saints to win and Tony dye’s his hair.

23 hours ago, elvis said:

Yes it will be a nervy situation with us camped inside our own 18 yard box for last 20 minutes if we are leading inviting them to score seen it time after time.

Coming from you that's a remarkably optimistic prediction.

Edited by btb

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We'd filled every bit of allocation Accies had for us. Would have been some atmosphere.

Last time the Saints packed Hamiltons stadium in a vital late game, it didn't end well for them...