Accies v St Mirren 20/03/21

HT 0-1
Yep, all to plan so far. We are the better side and the score line is a fair reflection. Wasn’t really any clear cut chances for either side before the goal. Erwin had a half chance and there was a few set pieces.
Then a moment of madness from an accies defender. Durmus gets a shot away and is then gets wiped out in the follow through.
McGrath is one of the best penalty takers I’ve ever seen. Not sure how many he’s scored for us now but he’s yet to miss. You just know he’s going to score
He’s so calm, strolls up, waits for the keeper to move, then side foots it the other way. Lovely.
Jim rightly went for a very attacking line up, and it’s worked. I think we should change it at HT though, take Erwin or Obika off and get the spoiler Ethan Erhahon on in the middle of the park. Try get more control of the game and see it out.
Our best player is Marcus Fraser as usual. One minute he’s making a tackle at his own byline, the next he’s charging up the pitch and getting a shot off. Hopefully get him signed up soon, fear he will be attracting bigger clubs.

Doing well enough so far, Fraser and Tait are strolling it on the right hand side and Doyle-Hayes looks more lively today. Think that’s 7/7 penalties scored for McGrath now.

Erwin and McAllister haven’t kept the ball well, I’d take either of them off for Erhahon to make sure we stay strong in the middle.

Doing well enough so far, Fraser and Tait are strolling it on the right hand side and Doyle-Hayes looks more lively today. Think that’s 7/7 penalties scored for McGrath now.

Erwin and McAllister haven’t kept the ball well, I’d take either of them off for Erhahon to make sure we stay strong in the middle.

Would agree that Fraser & Tait have done well down the right and been a great outlet for us. I think Erwin has had a decent half, picked up good positions and got us well up the pitch. I think he’s posed more problems for the Hamilton defence than Obika. I just hope in the second half we keep pressing on and don’t drop 5/10 yards deeper to invite Hamilton on to us.

Erhahon and Connolly on for McAllister and Erwin. Shoring it up a bit after Accies started the second half the brighter.
Did catch them on the break there though and forced a great save after a good effort on his left foot from Obika.
0-1