Clyde SSB

SSB is mental in that it basically never changes. an opportunity for old firm fans to rant about whatever is irking them that day.

i can tolerate it for a 30 minute car journey and no more. Often not even that.....

best thing i've heard on it in years was a couple of Dumbarton players phoning in for Beat The Pundit on their way to training one night recently. Even better was when one of the questions was 'Who won league two last year?"

Only worth listening to after a Celtic defeat when the greatest unwashed fans in the world tie themselves in knots trying to justify the anti Celtic bias from the authorities and the referees. They try and make out a European defeat as a moral victory because they hit the bar once during the match despite the other team scoring six. Mind you  the two real intellects on the show Mark Wilson and Gordon Dalziel make the caller's sound like Einstein. Comedy gold on these nights. 

17 minutes ago, well again said:

Only worth listening to after a Celtic defeat when the greatest unwashed fans in the world tie themselves in knots trying to justify the anti Celtic bias from the authorities and the referees. They try and make out a European defeat as a moral victory because they hit the bar once during the match despite the other team scoring six. Mind you  the two real intellects on the show Mark Wilson and Gordon Dalziel make the caller's sound like Einstein. Comedy gold on these nights. 

When they get scudded in Europe they generally blame the standard of the Scottish League with no hint of self awareness at all.

2 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Or budgets.

That's always a favourite after a trouncing on the big stage.

Oh aye, forgot about the budget differences greetin' while boasting about taking care of Ross County the weekend later.   Referees biased against them by actually doing their jobs is another, how dare they give penalties and sending offs against them - that most certainly doesn't happen domestically (when the officialls bottle it). 

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’m staggered anyone with an IQ above 10 still listens to, or worse still, calls in to this unadulterated garbage.

Declan fae Dennistoun, or Rab fae Larkhall calling in to discuss & argue over a throw in, in the Glasgow Derby, to talk to those luminaries of the Scottish game, Gordon Dalziel & Hugh Keevens 😆

Radio for the retarded. 

I tune in at 7 the odd time for beat the pundit and then back in 25 past for the full time teaser when waiting for an 8 O'clock game to start. The people who phone in though are almost exclusively angry/paranoid/ bed wetting arseholes that the producer should really be vetting more. Imagine actually being wound up by a doddering old c**t like like Hugh Kevin's? 

ETA must add Gordon Duncan is far too good for that show and I'm glad to see him getting on the TV more he should really be an anchor for Scottish football for BBC/Sky .

Edited by gannonball

25 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I tune in at 7 the odd time for beat the pundit and then back in 25 past for the full time teaser when waiting for an 8 O'clock game to start. The people who phone in though are almost exclusively angry/paranoid/ bed wetting arseholes that the producer should really be vetting more. Imagine actually being wound up by a doddering old c**t like like Hugh Kevin's? 

ETA must add Gordon Duncan is far too good for that show and I'm glad to see him getting on the TV more he should really be an anchor for Scottish football for BBC/Sky .

I’ve seen Gordon Duncan on Sky & I like him.

Maybe Sportsound & Radio Clyde can swap Duncan for MacIntyre.

Is it not exclusively “angry, paranoid bed wetting arseholes” that phone in? 
Myst be hard to vet when they’re all paranoid Celtic or The Rangers fans.

18 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’ve seen Gordon Duncan on Sky & I like him.

Maybe Sportsound & Radio Clyde can swap Duncan for MacIntyre.

I said so at the time that Gordon Duncan should have been brought in to replace Richard Gordon. That ship, unfortunately, has now sailed.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

They do vet them, and they do want the absolute moonhowlers on it because one leads to another 50 trying to counter the point or agree with the point and has people talking about said moonhowlers and posting links to the moonhowlers segments

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

They do vet them, and they do want the absolute moonhowlers on it because one leads to another 50 trying to counter the point or agree with the point and has people talking about said moonhowlers and posting links to the moonhowlers segments

It's probably that bad most sensible types wouldn't dare phone in as they wouldn't want be put into the same boat as them as well. Tbf you get the same sort of roasters on talk sport and the like so it's not really an old firm thing that someone was alluding to earlier.

I was thinking of phoning in as “first time caller fae Dundee” earlier this week

“I’m just calling to say that Dundee fitba club deliberately put the pitch water sprinklers on during the day after first pitch inspection under the covers because due to the recent cash flow issues they could not afford to switch on the floodlights for the live TV broadcast!”

Light blue touch paper and step back…  😂 

5 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’m staggered anyone with an IQ above 10 still listens to, or worse still, calls in to this unadulterated garbage.

Declan fae Dennistoun, or Rab fae Larkhall calling in to discuss & argue over a throw in, in the Glasgow Derby, to talk to those luminaries of the Scottish game, Gordon Dalziel & Hugh Keevens 😆

Radio for the retarded. 

Hey. I’ve an IQ of 147 and I listen most evenings. 
I quite like it. 
It’s good for a chortle. 

It's probably that bad most sensible types wouldn't dare phone in as they wouldn't want be put into the same boat as them as well. Tbf you get the same sort of roasters on talk sport and the like so it's not really an old firm thing that someone was alluding to earlier.

These shows know that listeners wont tune in to someone phoning about the current issues with grassroot football across the country, and how sport needs to move with the times blah blah blah 

They want absolute rockets phoning up complaining about f**k all and making a scene from nothing so everyone talks about it 

And thats any phone in across the UK no doubt

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I said so at the time that Gordon Duncan should have been brought in to replace Richard Gordon. That ship, unfortunately, has now sailed.

Yeah we championed it for a good wee while at the time.  Look at the bloody state sportsound is in now and Duncan is getting there with Sky now, anchoring the ladies games for sky is the first step to eventually taking over from Barbour in the near future. 

49 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

These shows know that listeners wont tune in to someone phoning about the current issues with grassroot football across the country, and how sport needs to move with the times blah blah blah 

They want absolute rockets phoning up complaining about f**k all and making a scene from nothing so everyone talks about it 

And thats any phone in across the UK no doubt

606 is pretty measured by all accounts, even Savage has chilled it now.

World Football phone in used to be brand new, I cant stand Dotun now, the guy fucking ruins it, even with the calibre of guests they have on the show.  The callers are now basically calling from an old folks home. 

I called in to beat the pundit before a couple years back.   It was a couple of weeks before a hospital visit mind you. 🙀