Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Dalbeattie is a bit out of the way, but it's a good day out.  Nice wee town and the ground is a bit quirky particularly with it's stand and grass bankings.

You won't be missing much by avoiding K Park.  Basically a spacious "cage" with some seats and standing on one side and behind one goal. 

The Dalbeattie stand is a thing of beauty, love the little bus shelter by the corner flag also Only ever been once but it was in absolute torrential rain so will definitely be back to visit on a nicer day, don't tend to revisit grounds that I've groundhopped to but will make an exception for these good guys.

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Obviously the LL clubs who voted for this are snakes of the highest order but the fact it is a one season thing shows they still very much have eyes on the lower reaches of the SPFL so fans from all over need to keep the pressure up on SPFL clubs ahead of the inevitable push next spring.

However, well done to the good guys for voting this down.

One thing I'd like to see is for the SPFL clubs to call the bluff of the OF and propose a proper summit on player development i.e. if the exam question is how do we get more youth players playing first team football earlier, let's have a proper discussion about it rather than having two clubs compromising the lower leagues for their own gain. As long as they are driving the conversation they will always push it in their own direction.

You don't honestly believe that the colt teams will be chucked out at the end of the season do you ? 😂😂

There is too much coincidence going on here .

The “innovation” group is to present a paper this coming season to SFA and SFPL and I have no doubts it will propose a 16 team spfl 2 with added 2 LL 2 HL and 2 Colts then auto promotion / relegation thereafter 

Then everyone gets their wish and we all live happily ever after.

Just a question of who pays for the extra Clubs, I would expect OF and SFA will fund between them.

I’m surprised that the West Of Scotland league have not made more noise about this. The EoS have made it very clear that they are against the decision. You’d think that Rangers and Celtic could have sent their youth players on loan to one of the countless teams in the WoS, where they would get to play in some decent little grounds in front of supporters.

I remember a certain Director at Aberdeen previously commenting the the two arse cheeks were like ‘ladies of the night’ lifting their skirts to any league that looked attractive to them.
It seems that they are both perfectly willing to pimp out their kids as well!
Shame on all the clubs that allowed this to happen.
In my opinion it undermines the integrity of the game in this country just as much as the proposed European Super League did down south.
It sends out a message that only two teams matter in this country (though many would argue that has been the case for years when you look at how the authorities and media pander to them)

9 hours ago, Slipmat said:

"Potential television coverage" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Laughing Hard GIF by memecandy

"A double header here on SKY sports tonight. Stay tuned for Manchester United v Manchester City. Over on Extra we have Vale of something or other v Rangers reserves..."

I’m surprised that the West Of Scotland league have not made more noise about this. The EoS have made it very clear that they are against the decision. You’d think that Rangers and Celtic could have sent their youth players on loan to one of the countless teams in the WoS, where they would get to play in some decent little grounds in front of supporters.
They released a joint statement with the EOS and SOS leagues and have been vocal on social media about their opposition to the idea. I don't really see what else they could do.

18 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Ask Steven Gerrard, who supports it, and has read the position paper on it:

"If you're thinking about the country and improving the Scottish national team at all levels, then what we want is to give the kids a better chance to develop into better players"

504 appearances for Liverpool, 473 as captain, 114 England caps, and just won the league as Rangers Manager.   Won the Champions League,   2 x FA Cups, 3 x UEFA Cups.  Played in 3 World Cups and 3 x Euros.

Yet angry folk who support [INSERT EX JUNIOR CLUB HERE] know more about player development than him. 

This is Scottish Football.

Out of interest, what club do you support mate?

LL top guy Fraser on Radio Scotland last night confirming that (a) Colts for one year is good for everyone , (b) it's for one year only as they gave a committment to the SPFL that the LL will be back to 16 clubs the year after, (c) the top placed non-OF club will go forward to the play offs, irrespective of whether they win it or not.

13 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

The youngsters that'll be going to the Lowland League will not be the ones of the quality currently on loan at the Championship and League 1 level.

They will still be sending guys out on loan further up the pyramid.  Neither of the OF Colts believe they have a chance of winning the LL and that is the main reason for that.

Exactly... Clyde and other L1 and L2 sides send players on loan to LL clubs. Absolutely no way Rangers and Celtic will have their “better” players in the Colt sides. This is a long term strategy to get their sides in SPFL and nothing else.

talk of mass crowds and seeing future stars is utter nonsense but majority LL clubs have swallowed it hook line and sinker.

what can you expect from the football hot bed that is the likes of Gala! They would be more excited if Scotland youth rugby team turned up.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"A double header here on SKY sports tonight. Stay tuned for Manchester United v Manchester City. Over on Extra we have Vale of something or other v Steven Gerrard's Rangers reserves..."

FTFY, Sky always give them their Sunday name 😂

17 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Pleased with the composition of the FTOF Five.

Bonnyrigg are a local(ish) team to me, and one I always hope do well.

Edinburgh Uni is where I studied, but much more importantly, there's the home baking at the pie hut. They also do a good programme, and I can't think of a ground with a better view of a dormant volcano.

CSS I've grown a wee soft spot for over the years. I might have struck lucky, but they've been involved in some of the more exciting games I've seen in the LL. They've been a beacon throughout this, and I'll be going back to visit them soonest.

Dalbeattie is one of the only LL grounds* I haven't been to, and will now make a point of visiting to reward their good sense and decency.

Bo'ness I'm not so fussed about either way, but well done to them anyway.

(* The other ground I haven't been to is EK, and they'll be seeing none of my money, the callous sharks.)

Dumbarton's surely?

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You don't get a view of it at Dumbarton's ground because some bright spark decided the stand should be on the same side as it.

Very true. Apparently it was Historic Scotland who insisted the stand faced away from the rock. Absolutely no idea what their logic was there.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

LL top guy Fraser on Radio Scotland last night confirming that (a) Colts for one year is good for everyone , (b) it's for one year only as they gave a committment to the SPFL that the LL will be back to 16 clubs the year after, (c) the top placed non-OF club will go forward to the play offs, irrespective of whether they win it or not.

One thing that absolutely needs cleared up is the definition of "champion club". It's no acceptable to just leave it up to whatever league body or bunch of clubs decide what's best at the end of the season. You have this ludicrous situation where the EoSFL and WoSFL cann't finish the season so call null and void but then the LL and HL don't and just declare champions. Champions should strictly be the 1st placed club in a finished league season where there are rules covering what 'finished' means.

Why would the 2nd placed teams in the SoSFL/WoSFL/EoSFL not be eligible for promotion if the 1st placed club isn't but it's the opposite in the LL. Get these diddies told that if they want OF colts and one of them wins the league, there's no play-off for anyone else.