Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

7 minutes ago, btb said:

Eric Pickles performance at the Grenfell enquiry is a clear demonstration of what the Tories really think of us.

He was called because he was the relevant Govt. Minister when a report into an earlier fatal tower block fire was published in 2013. Mr. Pickles got the number of fatalities at Grenfel wrong (he quoted 96 the number who died at Hilsborough) said quicker implementations of the enquiry regulations “would not have made any difference whatsoever”  and reminded the enquiry that he was an extremely busy man “By all means sir, feel free to ask me as many questions as you like, but could I respectfully remind you that you did promise that we would be away this morning and I have changed my schedules to fit this in.”

Now he is no longer on the "greasy pole" he obviously wants to ignore any consequences of his previous (lack of) actions and bluster his way out of the enquiry ASAP, I'm sure the vast majority of the other witnesses (the little people) called to attend also have other things they could be doing.

To be fair literally everyone is a little person compared to Eric Pickles.

20 minutes ago, btb said:

Eric Pickles performance at the Grenfell enquiry is a clear demonstration of what the Tories really think of us.

He was called because he was the relevant Govt. Minister when a report into an earlier fatal tower block fire was published in 2013. Mr. Pickles got the number of fatalities at Grenfel wrong (he quoted 96 the number who died at Hilsborough) said quicker implementations of the enquiry regulations “would not have made any difference whatsoever”  and reminded the enquiry that he was an extremely busy man “By all means sir, feel free to ask me as many questions as you like, but could I respectfully remind you that you did promise that we would be away this morning and I have changed my schedules to fit this in.”

Now he is no longer on the "greasy pole" he obviously wants to ignore any consequences of his previous (lack of) actions and bluster his way out of the enquiry ASAP, I'm sure the vast majority of the other witnesses (the little people) called to attend also have other things they could be doing.

Pickles is one of the very few people I would have no compunction or hesitation in crossing the road to belt straight in the face. I'd happily accept the assault charge in return.

3 hours ago, btb said:

He was called because he was the relevant Govt. Minister when a report into an earlier fatal tower block fire was published and said quicker implementations of the enquiry reccomendations “would not have made any difference whatsoever”  

The more I think about it the more I think how does this guy sleep at nights?

Edited by btb

2 hours ago, btb said:

The more I think about it the more I think how does this guy sleep at nights?

He probably has to have a nurse on call in case he chokes on his own blubber. 

(reported for blubber criticism...) 

I watched the David Lynch version of Dune on Netflix the other night.  Baron Harkonnen reminded me of someone - now I know who. 

(reported for unreasonable comparison of widely disliked individual to unhealthily overweight  despot - I'll leave it to others to determine which is which.) 

(plea in mitigation... Chianti being consumed 😜

17 minutes ago, HTG said:

Sunak's wife has caved in apparently. Damage done though. Oh aye and the UK chancellor was an American citizen until last October.  Get him to f**k. 

Hopefully the back taxes too.

Spoiler

Just kidding.

12 hours ago, Michael W said:

The current situation is enough as it stands to kill any ambitions Sunak had stone dead. If ever there was a man who got lucky in politics, it's Rishi Sunak - walked into a job by default and handed out a load of free money. Of course that's going to buy popularity. But it can't be sustained. 

Nevertheless, Team Boris must be absolutely delighted that this has all cropped up and they can now focus on building up a portfolio on Liz Truss in case they need it. 

Every single torrie I see suggested as a potential next leader.

Fuck No Star Trek GIF

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that, instead of trying to persuade the electorate that redistributive policies are in everyone's interests, we should assemble a mob, get these fuckers heads on spikes and take all their stuff. 

Well they are quite obviously operating a kleptocracy, so it would just be taking back what isn't theirs to begin with. 

Any normal country would be demanding Michelle Mone write the exchequer a cheque for the useless PPE she punted to her pals to the tune of 70million profit, but I suspect that will just be completely written off, nobody will have as much as a 'see me' put in their jotter over it, and the public will have to make good the loss through extra taxes.

And this isn't going to finish Sunak. He'll just brazen it out in much the same way Johnson has through the umpteen scandals that would have been instant resigning matters for any previous PM or member of the House.

Is this Russia report, or the Partygate report ever going to see the light of day? I suspect not, and if they do it'll be at a time when so long has passed that even the papers will run it as a footnote thanks to public disinterest.

17 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well they are quite obviously operating a kleptocracy, so it would just be taking back what isn't theirs to begin with. 

Any normal country would be demanding Michelle Mone write the exchequer a cheque for the useless PPE she punted to her pals to the tune of 70million profit, but I suspect that will just be completely written off, nobody will have as much as a 'see me' put in their jotter over it, and the public will have to make good the loss through extra taxes.

And this isn't going to finish Sunak. He'll just brazen it out in much the same way Johnson has through the umpteen scandals that would have been instant resigning matters for any previous PM or member of the House.

Is this Russia report, or the Partygate report ever going to see the light of day? I suspect not, and if they do it'll be at a time when so long has passed that even the papers will run it as a footnote thanks to public disinterest.

When you see all this pish and how protected these people are, it makes you realise how unbelievable Watergate was as an achievement in accountability. 

Think this does show Boris as a skilled operator as a politician in the grubbiest sense of being a politician. Expertly threw the one Tory that looked like a 'promising future leader' to the mind numbingly stupid working class Tory voters under the bus and ensured there'd never be a challenge from him.

Fair fucks to the scummy b*****ds.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that, instead of trying to persuade the electorate that redistributive policies are in everyone's interests, we should assemble a mob, get these fuckers heads on spikes and take all their stuff. 

That’s a great idea.  Just make sure it doesn’t clash with I’m A Celebrity/Big Brother/Love Island/Bake Off etc, etc.

The most poignant response for me was

Imagine being so rich you can avoid paying £20m in tax. Then imagine being so poor you can’t accept raw vegetables at the food bank because you can’t afford to cook them. Tory Brexit Britain.

Time both these tory "club" members and the saxe-coburg-gotha shower were properly exposed for their collective financial abuse and connivance when it comes to shafting us "peasants".