Hearts v Queens

Our good form is now gone  going to be a struggle again to stay in the Championship .

Even with Hearts missing Gordon Boyce and Smith they will still have too much for us .

We are again losing soft goals and without Jones and Dapo our pace has gone Sheilds nothing like the player before his injury .

The players will need to work their socks off like they did in the match V Hearts at Palmerston.  I've no doubt it will be a backs-to-the-wall display,  probably frustrating and  not pretty to watch from our pov,  so we'll have to capitalise on what chances are offered to us. If our approach is anything like yesterday's,  punting aimless balls up to Shields (and/or whoever else is up there)  will be pointless as it will just come right back at us.  Johnston described yesterday's performance as lethargic,  which is spot on,   but it rather points to a lack of motivation going into the game,  that's his job to motivate the players. With two fast and influential players missing in Jones and (probably) Dapo our ability to break fast from defence is also  limited.  In short I'm dreading it,   but with Queens its always a lottery as to how we perform.  Jut hope we get stuck in and keep it respectable. 

23 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The players will need to work their socks off like they did in the match V Hearts at Palmerston.  I've no doubt it will be a backs-to-the-wall display,  probably frustrating and  not pretty to watch from our pov,  so we'll have to capitalise on what chances are offered to us. If our approach is anything like yesterday's,  punting aimless balls up to Shields (and/or whoever else is up there)  will be pointless as it will just come right back at us.  Johnston described yesterday's performance as lethargic,  which is spot on,   but it rather points to a lack of motivation going into the game,  that's his job to motivate the players. With two fast and influential players missing in Jones and (probably) Dapo our ability to break fast from defence is also  limited.  In short I'm dreading it,   but with Queens its always a lottery as to how we perform.  Jut hope we get stuck in and keep it respectable. 

It is actually worse for us that Hearts are missing 3 key players.

It will be in the Queens players heads that they think it will be a bit easier which it will not.

We have to set up the same us the Hearts home game if only we could get back to that level of performance we were miles off  that at Morton .

Dunno.  Missing Smith, Boyce and Gordon for sure, probably Kingsley as well, which is going to mean our back 4 is even worse than normal with a worse keeper behind them and our main goal threat is out, which on top of how we played Saturday doesn't inspire much confidence.

On the plus side, Halliday is likely going to have to play full back so the midfield might move quicker than a 3 legged sloth.

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Dunno.  Missing Smith, Boyce and Gordon for sure, probably Kingsley as well, which is going to mean our back 4 is even worse than normal with a worse keeper behind them and our main goal threat is out, which on top of how we played Saturday doesn't inspire much confidence.

On the plus side, Halliday is likely going to have to play full back so the midfield might move quicker than a 3 legged sloth.

Whats the story with Naismith? Noticed he hasn't featured in last couple squads. 

8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Whats the story with Naismith? Noticed he hasn't featured in last couple squads. 

Naismith is injured but it seems now Boyce is available for Saturday not good news for Queens every time I have seen Hearts he has been there best player 

Naismith is injured but it seems now Boyce is available for Saturday not good news for Queens every time I have seen Hearts he has been there best player 

So you said earlier it was going to be worse for Queens that 3 key players were out but now that one of them is available that’s bad news too.

So you said earlier it was going to be worse for Queens that 3 key players were out but now that one of them is available that’s bad news too.
Put him in ignore, it makes for a better thread.

Unless someone quotes him...

For the sake of my eyeballs, I hope Queens don’t park the bus. We have a severely weakened defence so hopefully Queens come and have a go and we can all enjoy an open match. A real boost for Hearts that Boyce is available as we really don’t have any decent back up for him.  He’ll no doubt get injured against Brora now that I’ve said that! 😬

We don't care enough on the park for a backlash.  We'll be shite again and either scrape a win or get an uninspiring draw.
If AJ has anything abut him he'll get after us.  Press that backline and you'll 100% get chances, and good ones.

On 23/03/2021 at 21:44, 19QOS19 said:

Cheers Brora, that's us getting the backlash!

If you think this shower of wasters and charlatans is capable of a backlash, or even cares enough to try to create one, you've not been watching Hearts under Neilson (or Levein before him)

For only the second time in my life, I'm actively hoping Hearts lose on Saturday - maybe we need to stay down in order to start getting our house in order (by the time I'm watching the game, I 'll no doubt be back to hoping we murder Queens 6-0, of course)

Edited by lennyzer0

17 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That's exactly my reaction as well. We're going to get absolutely thumped, again.

Not going to matter who is available now for Hearts every player will be right at it going to be a very difficult afternoon for Queens will get the backlash can see another heavy defeat here again 

50 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Not going to matter who is available now for Hearts every player will be right at it going to be a very difficult afternoon for Queens will get the backlash can see another heavy defeat here again 

You've never seen Hearts, have you?

Right at it.  Chances

8 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

You've never seen Hearts, have you?

Right at it.  Chances

Without the pace of Jones and Mebude and Shields not yet hitting the heights of his pre-injury form,  I doubt we have the players to be "right at it" .  If we carry on from last Saturday punting high balls up to our strikers your defence,  even with Berra in there,  will have the cigars out. I hope we do have a go rather than sitting  deep hoping for breaks,  but we'll need to pass the ball better,  work harder to find space and generally put in a hard shift to get any reward. We'll have to wait and see what players are available and what great strategy Johnston comes up with,  he'll persist with it no matter if it's working or not. I have a feeling it will be a frustrating watch but I don't think it will be the mauling that a few Queens fans think.  Delighted if we scrape an undeserved draw,  even better if it's helped by a dubious penalty just for Neilson's reaction.