World Cup qualifiers - Qatar 2022

Football fans have been warned they face up to seven years in jail if they engage in sex outside of marriage at this year's World Cup in Qatar

So,  no casual shagging at this World Cup.  Or shagging casuals.  Even if you take your own girlfriend. Or same-sex partner. 

No sex and drugs... or sausage rolls even. Too porky.

There will be no partying at all really. Everyone needs to keep their heads about them, unless they want to risk ­being stuck in prison.

Shorts aren't allowed, so would kilts have been allowed had we qualified? I doubt it.

How will those English fans who dress as Crusaders get on?   Certainly modestly dressed.   Beheaded, maybe?

I've never been happy missing out on a World Cup until now. 

Who to cheer on with Scotland out?

I'd root for the most anti-islam country,  but that would be England...  oh wait, silly me, I live in France.

Allez les bleus!  🇫🇷

Football fans have been warned they face up to seven years in jail if they engage in sex outside of marriage at this year's World Cup in Qatar

So,  no casual shagging at this World Cup.  Or shagging casuals.  Even if you take your own girlfriend. Or same-sex partner. 
There will be no partying at all really. Everyone needs to keep their heads about them, unless they want to risk ­being stuck in prison.
Shorts aren't allowed, so would kilts have been allowed had we qualified? I doubt it.
How will those English fans who dress as Crusaders get on?   Certainly modestly dressed.   Beheaded, maybe?
I'd root for the most anti-islam country,  but that would be England...  oh wait, silly me, I live in France.
Allez les bleus!  [emoji632]

Islam's not the problem, it's extreme interpretation of Islam. Most of the things you talk about: sex outwith marriage, homosexuality, pork, could be punishable by death in an extremist Christian state.

why host it if your first statements are there will be no partying, just play it behind closed doors save anyone the hassle and unenjoyment of going, it will be the last ever world cup to be hosted in middle east

Edited by BigDoddyKane

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Allez les bleus!  emoji632.png

Islam's not the problem, it's extreme interpretation of Islam. Most of the things you talk about: sex outwith marriage, homosexuality, pork, could be punishable by death in an extremist Christian state.

are there examples of that? Im trying to think of one but cant though I may be wrong, theres plenty islamic examples

Edited by BigDoddyKane

52 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

are there examples of that? Im trying to think of one but cant though I may be wrong, theres plenty islamic examples

There are plenty Christian countries where homosexuality is illegal and punishable with long jail sentences, but not execution in recent times afaik. The death penalty for buggery in the UK was lifted in 1861, which sounds like ancient history but it's only a few generations ago.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

why host it if your first statements are there will be no partying, just play it behind closed doors save anyone the hassle and unenjoyment of going, it will be the last ever world cup to be hosted in middle east

Wouldn't be so sure about that. If there's one thing FIFA have established, it's that no country is off the table if they can offer enough money.

Seriously, is there anywhere on the planet that you can imagine being vetoed for reasons other than "they can't afford to put it on"?

Fair point, but there are plenty tolerant Islamic examples, which shows the problem isn't solely Islam. On Friday I'm off on holiday to two majority Muslim countries. I plan on eating pork, drinking alcohol, chatting with an openly gay acquaintance, and should I get the all clear from Oaksoft, even engaging in sexual intercourse without a ring on my finger. None of that will land me in prison.

You've also got to remember that Islam is nearly six hundred years less mature than Christianity. At their age Christians hadn't even begun with the inquisition.

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Wouldn't be so sure about that. If there's one thing FIFA have established, it's that no country is off the table if they can offer enough money.

Seriously, is there anywhere on the planet that you can imagine being vetoed for reasons other than "they can't afford to put it on"?

aye thats true, money sadly decides more than anything else

10 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Fair point, but there are plenty tolerant Islamic examples, which shows the problem isn't solely Islam. On Friday I'm off on holiday to two majority Muslim countries. I plan on eating pork, drinking alcohol, chatting with an openly gay acquaintance, and should I get the all clear from Oaksoft, even engaging in sexual intercourse without a ring on my finger. None of that will land me in prison.

You've also got to remember that Islam is nearly six hundred years less mature than Christianity. At their age Christians hadn't even begun with the inquisition.

There's also nothing to say that Christianity won't slide back into its bad old ways, if it suits the folk in cherge.

If American evangelism continues to expand, watch out. Those p***ks very much have a Holy War or two in them, and all the guns too.

4 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Allez les bleus!  🇫🇷

Stop reading the Daily Mail, bro.

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Central African Republic would be one example while Chad, Burkina Faso and Nigeria, among others, have regular Christian/Muslim sectarian violence/death on both sides.

Central America is a basket case when it comes to things like women's and gay rights and the USA is getting more and more extreme, while Bolsonaro's base in Brazil is made up of Christian evangelicals.

Obviously you have plenty of rogue individuals claiming to be acting in the name of Christianity, too, like the Norwegian w****r who killed all those kids on an island.

And there's always Northern Ireland...

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

On 22/06/2022 at 20:42, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Stop reading the Daily Mail, bro.

Trolling the DM comments is my guilty pleasure.  

And yes , I do realise there are loony Christian types too. 

I don't wish to start a comparison table, I don't like religion of any type. 

I think there will be plenty of partying in Qatar, it will be with rich middle aged men who could afford to make the journey so maybe better to miss out anyway.

There was never likely to be much shagging anyway but there will be no real prosecutions unless it's something particularly egregious, the authorities will be encouraged to turn a blind eye.

Someone detained during the world cup and prosecuted quietly months later? Yeah probably, or just deported and told not to return.

There was big fears of hooliganism, violence and crime in Brazil and Russia but neither came to pass to quite the extent that was feared.

Personally I’m pro more non European sides.
No point in teams like Bosnia and Wales stinking it out, when we could have more African or Carribean nations creating a bit of unexpected interest.
Surely an equal split based on population is the most fair long term. If that means more Asian teams than European that’s fine.

Pretty much every World Cup has a European surprise package (or sometimes multiple) reaching the quarter-finals or further.

Ireland in the quarters, 1990, Sweden and Bulgaria in the semis in 1994, Croatia in the semis in 1998, Turkey in the semis in 2002, Ukraine in the quarters in 2006, Croatia in the final and Sweden and Russia in the quarters in 2018. Several of these only scraped through via the play-offs, which is indicative of the strength in depth in Europe.

I don't see the World Cup would be improved by removing these strong and competitive sides and replacing them with obviously worse teams from other parts of the world.