Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20210506_230801.thumb.jpg.b7e86f10a16b30d7ae717fe13d689242.jpg

A quick glance shows Ayr and Edinburgh Central going to the SNP and the other marginals staying put? That means the losses would be on the list. I'm not sure I have faith in the New Statesman on anything let alone predicting a Scottish election.

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Proof will be in pudding. I comfortably predict no list msps in mid Scotland and fife for SNP.

I comfortably predict no list MSPs in Mid Scotland and Fife for Alba. And if the SNP lose Perthshire South & Kinrosshire, they might have been looking for something on the list.

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Airdrie gets a bad rep for well... *waves hands vaguely at North Lanarkshire* but it does do a pretty good job of returning SNP politicians with absolutely thumping majorities. Worth reflecting that the noisiest folk are not necessarily the most representative.

That might be handy for the by-election there next Thursday.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Imagine being so tinpot that you don't even have a close of poll show on the tv.

Is there much point when there isn't a count?

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Based on what?

I think it's based on the average of the past 5 polls. 

It's truly astounding that a party that's been in government for 14 years could get almost half the votes, almost half the seats and more seats than the next two parties combined, yet that could be described as anything other than a thumping landslide.

37 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

He is a shit. And reliant on Unionist Tory votes in that seat.

I am one of those Unionist, Tory voters who takes absolutely no pleasure in voting for him, his work ethic is good but his arrogance knows no bounds. Not a nice man, but in Edinburgh Western, the denizens just want to keep the Nats out.

3 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I am one of those Unionist, Tory voters who takes absolutely no pleasure in voting for him, his work ethic is good but his arrogance knows no bounds. Not a nice man, but in Edinburgh Western, the denizens just want to keep the Nats out.

I say the same to you as I do to fundamentalist nationalists - there are far more important things than flags, and you don't need a noisome, car-shagging, bandwagon-jumping dishonest p***k representing you to express your view on the constitution. You can do that in a referendum.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Nobody is forcing you to vote for Alex Cole Hamilton ffs.

Absolutely, I didn’t suggest it was, but it’s the only way of keeping the “civic and joyous” out of Edinburgh Western.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I say the same to you as I do to fundamentalist nationalists - there are far more important things than flags, and you don't need a noisome, car-shagging, bandwagon-jumping dishonest p***k representing you to express your view on the constitution. You can do that in a referendum.

But as you’ll know only too well Gordon, Scottish politics is now a binary scenario.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Not sure....can remember the early excitement in the 2019 GE when there were lenghly queues of younger voters down south, which, it was assumed, had to be voting for Corbyn...turns out that most clearly weren't.....Take the point about postal votes inflating the turnout, but could still be somewhere between 50-55% overall.

Interstng that the turn out and queues discussed on the thread may be borne out.

image.png.ac30fb757e0ab8c9042ce4417eee6475.png