Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

389 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, GordonS said:

Not sure what that has to do with the press coverage - it's patently ridiculous, and it's because political journalists are giggly teenagers who are all about the drama.

But are you seriously suggesting that a party with no MSPs should be in the debates? And if the Sleepy Cuddles Party hadn't been established, are we to believe you would have been on here arguing for Respect UK (who actually have an MSP) and George Galloway to be in the leaders debates?

Cmon.

Nobody is attacking Alba for standing against the SNP.

They're attacking Alba for making independence look embarrassing, and connecting it to some really ugly beliefs.

😂 Still makes me laugh every time someone says this.

Yeah, her personal polling figures are terrible, eh?

I mean, you must be right and everyone else is wrong. It's the only logical conclusion. 

This is, quite simply, batshit crazy.

They are the government. It's their job to govern the whole country, and on all the issues. Scotland is not a single issue nation and we don't all believe that the constitutional issue is the only thing that matters. You flag-shaggers are in a small minority.

For most of us, independence is an important issue but so too are human rights. Racism is more important than independence. 

Your problem isn't that you think they shouldn't be making laws on those things. Your problem is that you don't like those laws. That's fine, but stop trying to kid everyone on.

The court case was tactical idiocy. Losing it on its merits would have fkn killed indyref2, dead in the water. It would have reduced a post-election administration to begging for a s.30 Order, which would obviously have been refused. Then what?

You would struggle to think of ways to hurt the cause than that case. Thank God the court just told them to piss off and didn't rule on the merits.

I voted for a government with a full agenda to improve the country. You just voted for flag-shagging.

These ugly beliefs that Unionsists have pointed out time after time when they were in the SNP and they weren't deemed unacceptable or ugly until they joined Alba. 

Related to this would be the disgusting warning from the leader for English people not to travel to Scotland and if they do to avoid eating inside or going inside to pubs etc. Absolutley vile stuff, dog whistling, red meat for the SNP base. The SNP are still connected to some really ugly beliefs. 

These ugly beliefs that Unionsists have pointed out time after time when they were in the SNP and they weren't deemed unacceptable or ugly until they joined Alba. 
Related to this would be the disgusting warning from the leader for English people not to travel to Scotland and if they do to avoid eating inside or going inside to pubs etc. Absolutley vile stuff, dog whistling, red meat for the SNP base. The SNP are still connected to some really ugly beliefs. 
You are assuming that most Alba members were members of the SNP. That is not the case.

There ls a significant number in Alba who have never been members of the SNP - they've always hated the SNP.

PS Any response to the latest Tory infighting?

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You are assuming that most Alba members were members of the SNP. That is not the case.

There ls a significant number in Alba who have never been members of the SNP - they've always hated the SNP.

PS Any response to the latest Tory infighting?

But the beliefs have always existed within SNP membership which was the point, Alba may be shining a light on it but they've hardly built the bridge that connects the ugliness considering it's always been beneath the surface. 

Tories gon Tory. The lobbying and covid contracts etc will probably be the main attack point at them going forward and rightly so. Once the detail comes out I think they'll have a lot of questions to ask, I wouldn't be amazed if Bojo leaves before the next GE. I don't know anything about the Cummings stuff, haven't caught up on that but I wouldn't put it past Cummings to shoot himself to take out Boris like Die Hard 4, if he's still seen as a reliable witness of course. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

No idea. She’s just become unlikeable to a few more people, as she’s been in charge during the pandemic and is the public face (her and that lad Leitch) of the bad news on restrictions.

I used to really like her and now I can’t bear to listen to her. I voted SNP (postal vote) in the constituency vote but that was due to liking my MSP. I thought twice about it, as it’s seen as tacit support for Nicola.

Yet Sturgeon has the highest approval ratings of any politician in the UK.

22 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Reynard, obviously.

Didn't Reynard pledge to take to the streets with his licenced shotguns if Scotland ever became independent? It's been a while.

Also, I thought Stinky Bone had pledged to have his account deleted?

7 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Nope, the Peoples action case has been appealed.  The Scottish Government a while back said it would hold a referendum without westminster permission.  Shouldn't it have been done before the peoples action case was taken to court?

Were you in a box underneath the stairs last year or something?

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/what-is-pandemic

31 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Were you in a box underneath the stairs last year or something?

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/what-is-pandemic

The big question surely is why was he let out of his box?  Sturgeon has some explaining to do!

37 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Self Id I have problem with.  Gender change I don't. 

Don't agree that men when arrested can self id as female to get into women prisons.  Can @WhiteRoseKilie confirm?

I don't believe penises should be allowed in women safe spaces.  It is disgusting. 

Get the operation done, things done.  But before that, f**k off. 

What difference does it make to you if someone self-identifies vs. an official legally declared gender change? If someone starts transitioning as a teenager and lives/presents as the opposite gender, has hormone replacement therapy and various external surgeries in line with that, but doesn't change their genitals, what difference does it make? If you met someone like that then found out later after getting to know them they were transgender, would you suddenly start calling them a woman or a man based on what they were born as?

Just now, Stinky Bone said:

A sensible point. 

I don't believe that transgender people are the problem, it is the heterosexual people that are.  The heterosexuals that will abuse the system is what I have a problem with.  Males going into female prisons etc,,,

It still doesn't change the fact that if someone has a penis, then they are male, or a vagina female. 

We have to stop denying biology. 

Have you ever met or talked to a transgender person?