Midlands League

Marten

Good game for us after the disappointment of Wednesday night. A few of our better players were rested, but the fringe players stepped in really well. Great team performance. Craig Moore, our loanee from Dundee United who was announced yesterday, played his first game. He's only 18 but looks like a guy with plenty of potential.

11 hours ago, Eednud said:

As is Letham defeating Culter.

Agreed, What a massive result for Letham beating the best team in the north.👏   

As for the the next round they couldn't have got a tougher draw as its Lochee Utd in the 1/4 finals.

14 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Agreed, What a massive result for Letham beating the best team in the north.👏   

As for the the next round they couldn't have got a tougher draw as its Lochee Utd in the 1/4 finals.

What's the full draw for the quarters?

17 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

What's the full draw for the quarters?

Sorry don't no the full draw as was just told last night from a mate that letham had lochee in the next round.  The draw was made last night so I'm sure somebody on here will have it?

47 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Sorry don't no the full draw as was just told last night from a mate that letham had lochee in the next round.  The draw was made last night so I'm sure somebody on here will have it?

The ones I know:

Tayport v East Craigie
Letham v Lochee United

Montrose Roselea 2-4 Lochee United

I couldn't make it myself, but I heard it was a good win against strong opposition. Potential banana skin avoided and on to Saturday! Craig Moore, our new loanee from Dundee United, scored his first goal.

FT Montrose Roselea 2 (Thomson 16 63) Lochee Utd 4 (Hay 29 pen 65 Linn 43 Moore 78)

Very attractive match to watch in front of Roseleas biggest ever gate at Links Park (est 200). Roselea took the lead and looked like being the usual thorn in Lochee Utds side. Two goal before HT saw Lochee go in ahead at the break. Thomson again scored to draw Roselea level then a very contested penalty saw Hay push the ball past keeper Irvine and out of the pitch when the referee awarded the pen. Hay converted with Irvine almost getting to it. Craig Moore struck a sweet low shot from 20 yards to seal it for Lochee Utd who had a nervy final few moments and were glad to hear the whistle. A good performance from Roselea and they have made great progress this season competing with the top clubs.

8 hours ago, tellyboy said:

FT Montrose Roselea 2 (Thomson 16 63) Lochee Utd 4 (Hay 29 pen 65 Linn 43 Moore 78)

Very attractive match to watch in front of Roseleas biggest ever gate at Links Park (est 200). Roselea took the lead and looked like being the usual thorn in Lochee Utds side. Two goal before HT saw Lochee go in ahead at the break. Thomson again scored to draw Roselea level then a very contested penalty saw Hay push the ball past keeper Irvine and out of the pitch when the referee awarded the pen. Hay converted with Irvine almost getting to it. Craig Moore struck a sweet low shot from 20 yards to seal it for Lochee Utd who had a nervy final few moments and were glad to hear the whistle. A good performance from Roselea and they have made great progress this season competing with the top clubs.

Different from what I've heard. I've been told the penalty was a stonewaller & our 4th goal killed the game off and there were no troubles for us after.

On 22/02/2024 at 06:56, Marten said:

Different from what I've heard. I've been told the penalty was a stonewaller & our 4th goal killed the game off and there were no troubles for us after.

I thought it was a clear penalty, can't really remember anything after that bar a few late tackles from Roselea. Second time I have seen Roselea, impressed again and playing it under the lights at Links is brilliant. They are miles ahead of the Vics atm sadly. 

Anyway, Roselea have been of real added value to our league since they joined. Good team, some great officials, friendly club. As said, I couldn't make Wednesday, but from the one who did go I heard they said Roselea's hospitality was great.