Midlands League

Marten

13 hours ago, highlandmac said:

How come existing hfl clubs get away with not having covered standing?

They've all got covered seating which up till now has exceeded the licensing requirements.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Now that you mention it, I don't remember standing enclosure at Forres right enough or Strathspey but Fraserburgh have one end entirely covered.

Your explanation on the wording of the licensing regs would make sense that it doesn't have to be standing as both teams mentioned above would definitely have covered ares for 100 or more

Ta, my only visit to Bellslea Park was for a Scottish Cup tie against Linlithgow Rose 10 years ago.

19 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Who doesn’t have a covered enclosure? Pretty sure they all do

From my recollection forres(I don't consider the glorified lawnmower shed there a proper covered enclosure)strathspey&vale don't

I was thinking broch don't but it's a while since I was there

Considering this is a league in the Highlands of Scotland playing over winter,it's pretty shameful

21 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Does this suggest that covered seating no longer meets the licensing requirement?

100 covered places (seats or standing) is still enough for Entry. From 2025, for Bronze you need 500 covered places, of which at least 100 must be seats.

Edited by GordonS

7 hours ago, Fifer4Life said:

Think Tayport was robbed out of three points today was by far the better time and if it wasn't for a terrible penalty decision against us at both ends for and against we would of won that game 

That's football

I'm not familiar with the Midlands League so I have a few questions. How do Midland League teams get promoted to the Highland League? My other question is have the Midlands League teams got development squads (u20) like the WoSFL and Lowland Leagues have? Thanks

26 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I'm not familiar with the Midlands League so I have a few questions. How do Midland League teams get promoted to the Highland League? My other question is have the Midlands League teams got development squads (u20) like the WoSFL and Lowland Leagues have? Thanks

if the league winner has an SFA Licence they could go into a potential 3 way play off with the North Caledonian league and North Regional league (Aberdeenshire etc) to then play the bottom team in the Highland league.  There has only been 1 winner of all 3 leagues with a licence thus far when Banks O' Dee won the North Regional league they should have played Fort William but that match never happened as Fort William withdrew. 

Only Lochee United and Tayport hold the licence at present for the 20 Midlands league teams

I am not aware of the existence of development squads 

12 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

if the league winner has an SFA Licence they could go into a potential 3 way play off with the North Caledonian league and North Regional league (Aberdeenshire etc) to then play the bottom team in the Highland league.  There has only been 1 winner of all 3 leagues with a licence thus far when Banks O' Dee won the North Regional league they should have played Fort William but that match never happened as Fort William withdrew. 

Only Lochee United and Tayport hold the licence at present for the 20 Midlands league teams

Thank you for explaining and the reply 👍

5 hours ago, realmadrid said:

No development squads indeed.

If we win the league (Tayport are too far behind now), we'll almost certainly go straight into the play-off against the bottom HL team. There are no licensed teams in the North Region and it looks highly unlikely for either Golspie Sutherland or Fort William to win the NCL.

Edited by Marten

26 minutes ago, Judge said:

Think it should be the highest finisher with a licence getting a shot at playoffs as it encourages change with the league set ups.

Or we can keep the current setup, which encourages clubs to build both the necessary infrastructure and a competent football squad for progression - as opposed to just change for change's sake. 

51 minutes ago, Judge said:

Think it should be the highest finisher with a licence getting a shot at playoffs as it encourages change with the league set ups.

That would lead to some very very silly scenarios in leagues the North Caley where only two clubs are licensed & that number is unlikely to move in the immediate future.

A much better point for Panmure than Lochee Utd tonight - dug in well in the second half to keep the scores level although another couple injuries for them to contend with won't help going forward. Lochee never seem that much of a cohesive unit when I see them, relying on individual brilliance rather than a good team performance to win them games.

14 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

That would lead to some very very silly scenarios in leagues the North Caley where only two clubs are licensed & that number is unlikely to move in the immediate future.

It wouldn't do that if any licenced clubs interested in getting promoted needed to apply for promotion by a deadline each season . 

Edited by Dev

On 11/02/2024 at 18:51, Lichtie78 said:

Lochee now signing Panmure's captain...can't remember the last time a week went by without Lochee or Broughty signing a big player (relatively speaking obviously) from another team in the league.

Who’s that then? Tried to check Panmure & Lochee’s social media but no joy.