The Goalkeeper - Next Big Problem

Ludo*1

Who should be Scotland number 1 at the Euros?  

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

Would the SFA bother announcing that Gunn has defected to Scotland or would his name just appear in the squad if so? 

Usually just announce the squad and have at it, don't they? Although there are usually leaks to friendly journalists in the days leading up to announcement (which maybe why Gunn's name has come up recently tbf).

12 hours ago, Donathan said:

Would the SFA bother announcing that Gunn has defected to Scotland or would his name just appear in the squad if so? 

I expect it would be kept to go with the squad announcement. Otherwise it could be embarrassing if it was announced straight away then he had a sharp drop off in form and didn't even make the squad cut - unlikely but not impossible.

On 12/02/2023 at 13:52, Savage Henry said:

He has it in him not to just throw in a clanger, but have a performance in which it looks like he’s never played football before.  If he’s starting for Scotland, we’re in more trouble than we thought.

I've heard this said a lot, particularly by St Johnstone fans, however I guess it is possible that he could improve...? 🤔

I've actually felt that Zander has had a better season than Craig Gordon (pre injury)

56 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Oh well that's likely another thread in this forum unreadable now that numbers boy has chosen another hill to troll from.

Don't despair, I'm not here to troll I was just posting about Angus Gunn dropping one in against Bristol City at the weekend. To be fair though the level of conversation on the TA Forum has been dreadful over the past few weeks anyway so a bit of trolling would be a marked improvement.

If I wanted to troll I'd have included a title in the video: "Gunn makes stunning stop" 

Edited by 2426255

5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Oh well that's likely another thread in this forum unreadable now that numbers boy has chosen another hill to troll from.

I'm struggling to think of anything more on-topic than a video of a potential Scotland goalkeeper making an error.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm struggling to think of anything more on-topic than a video of a potential Scotland goalkeeper making an error.

Sure if you just ignore the context of the person who posted it being a massive troll. Previous threads would suggest there will now be weeks of him posting about how Gunn is actually the worst goalkeeper Scotland could choose and about how he is a genius and anyone that disagrees with him is an idiot.

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Sure if you just ignore the context of the person who posted it being a massive troll. Previous threads would suggest there will now be weeks of him posting about how Gunn is actually the worst goalkeeper Scotland could choose and about how he is a genius and anyone that disagrees with him is an idiot.

I think he has you triggered without even really trying on this occasion tbh.

16 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

At the risk of being accused of trolling again, Angus Gunn looking a little ropey in goals again last night in Norwich City's match at home to Hull City.  I just saw this goal and didn't see his entire performance.

Our options just appear to be different levels of shit. Gunn is arguably the least shit, but the clips definitely don’t inspire confidence…

3 hours ago, velo army said:

That's not that big an error. Even top keepers come out and get nowhere near it sometimes. If he was doing this habitually then that's a different kettle. David De Gea was doing worse for a whole season not long ago. 

Did you see his attempt at saving after that? He’s all over the place.

C'mon, Gunn has not shown any particular inclination to play for the county of his father's birth, the lad at Burton isn't in the picture. Motherwell are going through a bad patch, and McLaughlin is dropped.

There is however a Scottish keeper playing for the team 3rd in the SPFL who has the highest% clean sheet ratio this season.

The question of back up or future keepers stays open, but surely Zander Clark is the next obviously in line? 

Gunn isn't the undisputed number one at Norwich. Tim Krul is there and has played plenty for them recently and in seasons past. Wouldn't be much of a shock to see him given the nod again if Gunn's poor form continues.