Queens v Inverness

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

ICT on a winning streak is my fear ....

Looks like Scott Allan has picked the right team in Caley to get his match fitness fully back up, a lot of positivity and confidence in our play right now and his talent is a bonus.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Heavy snow in town right now.

Glorious sunshine in South Lanarkshire just now and the Lanarkshire hills look clear, bitter north wind mind.  The Met Office website isn't looking too bad today/tomorrow for the trip down.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I hope the A9 is fine for travelling down tomorrow.  Higher ground in Inverness is getting a covering just now and Slocht and Drumochter will be getting a battering.

You can check out the road conditions on the Traffic Scotland website. Click on live traffic cameras and choose from the list or click map view when the page appears. I think both the ones you mention look ok just now. There are also weather reports showing the road conditions at various points. Click on weather stations and again choose from the list or the map.
Can be quite useful when you’re concerned about travelling to a game that could be called off as there are usually cameras and/or weather stations nearby, so you can get a rough idea of whether there is snow or if the pitch could be frozen.

https://trafficscotland.org/map/index.aspx?type=26

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

ICT is one of the half dozen grounds I've still to visit following QOS.  I did get to an Inverness Thistle (ie in the days before ICT) game back in the 80's though.  I'd been up in Aviemore for a few days skiing with some mates but the skiing was off due to lack of snow.  We heard there was a Scottish Cup tie down the road in Inverness (Thistle v Killie) so we decided to take in the game.  Was one of those funny/tragic days at the fitba - Killie were dreadful and got well and truly gubbed 2-0 or 3-0 by non-league Thistle.  As a neutral it was quite funny to watch.  There were a few hundred Killie up at the match and they were seriously pissed off at the performance, gave the team dogs abuse and half of them chucked their scarves onto the pitch at the end.  Actually felt sorry for them, knowing what its like to face a miserable 4 or 5 hour trip home after your team's been utterly rank.

I attended and it was indeed 3 (shree) nil if I recall correctly.

A great day was had by most but certainly not the Killie fan nearby. Heads gone and trolling were not in the lexicon then but they were certainly in the air. He took the huff and took his leave long before the end.

Tricky team selection for us (not used to having so many players available). I would push Obileye into holding role and go with:-

Ferguson

Gibson Buchanan Breen Maxwell
Obileye
Jones McKee McCabe Mabude
Shields

Not ideal playing Mabude there but think he could do a job. McKee is a bit of a punt and maybe better with Pybus, Dickson, McGrory or Joseph in there depending on McKee’s fitness.

If we get a win here I think we're safe. The run in for the rest of the teams looks like it could favour us.

I'd get Ayo back to sitting in front of the back 4. Would like Jones and Dapo on from the start and would probably prefer McGrory alongside McCabe. But wouldn't really care if McKee swaps with McCabe. If it wasn't for him taking the throw ins I'd have missed that McCabe was playing the last couple of games. McKee and McCabe together hasn't really worked but if Ayo is sitting then it might give McKee a bit more freedom to go forward.

15 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Tricky team selection for us (not used to having so many players available). I would push Obileye into holding role and go with:-

Ferguson

Gibson Buchanan Breen Maxwell
Obileye
Jones McKee McCabe Mabude
Shields

Not ideal playing Mabude there but think he could do a job. McKee is a bit of a punt and maybe better with Pybus, Dickson, McGrory or Joseph in there depending on McKee’s fitness.

Agree, the back 4 is nailed on and big Ayo has to be in his covering role.  A team with Jones, Shields and Mabude has awesome pace on paper at least, but can it work in reality - not sure.  I'm also not sure about McKee either.  I like Joseph's energy when he's in the side.  Is Pybus back to fitness?  What on earth's happened to Nortey these days?

Gonna be tough, I've got a feeling that this ICT side is a completely different beast to the side we beat up in Inverness.

Agree, the back 4 is nailed on and big Ayo has to be in his covering role.  A team with Jones, Shields and Mabude has awesome pace on paper at least, but can it work in reality - not sure.  I'm also not sure about McKee either.  I like Joseph's energy when he's in the side.  Is Pybus back to fitness?  What on earth's happened to Nortey these days?
Gonna be tough, I've got a feeling that this ICT side is a completely different beast to the side we beat up in Inverness.

I agree about the central midfield - McKee is probably our best playmaker but there is a big question mark about his endeavour when we don’t have the ball (which may be quite a lot against ICT).Likewise McCabe has been solid enough without scaling any heights. The other contenders are all grafters who bring energy and work rate but perhaps not much subtlety.

A beautiful sunny day I'm Dumfries just now,  a pity as it will probably make viewing on our shiny plastic surface almost unwatchable.  Hopefully it's not the football being played that makes it unwatchable though. 

18 hours ago, Snafu said:

They weren't called Inverness Caledonian, they were called Caledonian or Caledonian F.C. Stop pretending you know anything.

Frankie boy’s wasted on this thread. It’s the C(o)unty fans he needs to tell.

Mebude, Shields and Jones all start ........ oooooh ya.  Dickson as well though - must be in his loan agreement that he always plays I guess - prove me wrong lad.  Pybus back in the squad is good.