Ayr v Queens

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question:  How bad is Ayr's form?  Obviously, today was pretty desperate, but what's the story over the last 5 or 6 games?

Well we have only beaten 4 teams in the league all season so make of that what you will.  Queens, of course, are one of the 4. 

4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Ayr will surely come out flying give everything after the Arbroath game .

We need to wake up and realise we are heading for 9th players are going through the motions .

We will always concede goals but now we are struggling to score .

Nah we've chucked it, players given up and don't care, just there for the money.

Only way we're avoiding 9th is if Morton lose their last remaining 3 games too.

We even got pumped 5-0 by Queens under McCall with Shankland & Co so what fucking chance have we got now!!

Genuine question:  How bad is Ayr's form?  Obviously, today was pretty desperate, but what's the story over the last 5 or 6 games?
Truly awful. Really struggling to make a chance, never mind score. 2 attempts today in a must win game. Thing is, we have been like this for months and all you have to do to win is score first as we just give up. Failed to score in 8 of last 15 league games. If you think back to the team you saw at New Year, they tried to play too much football and were defensively shaky. Now, the defence is worse and there is no pretence at silky soccer with the ball being launched back to front, when we don't have the players to play hoofball. Somehow this is the players' fault, according to Hopkin. Players have simply not bought into his style as they can see how ineffective it is, yet Hopkin blames them for it not working, rather than try to find a system that suits the players. We are an absolute mess and most Ayr fans have accepted the inevitable.

Fair enough.  It sounds like Ayr are indeed dreadful.

I think we're sleepwalking into trouble though.  There's a perception that we're having a good season because of our excellent run after Christmas.  Our recent win at Tynecastle was also high profile because of Hearts travails at the time.  The reality is though that we've been struggling for a while now.  

Next week's game has the potential to be damaging in either direction.

The trouble-with having half a team of loan players is they don't give a dam, win or lose they still have a job next year. Hence there is no fight or back bone to the team. Time for the real squad to play and stand up and fight for team and town.

Fair enough.  It sounds like Ayr are indeed dreadful.

Let me stop you right there.......

Dreadful would be at least 3 steps up for this gang of oxygen thieves.

We would have a much more potent threat with a front 3 of Stevie Wonder, Roy Orbison and Ray Charles.

5 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Could do with Rocky knocking some sense into these players. 

Could absolutely do with a training / finding ourselves montage appearing before Saturday.

7 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

This is a horrible game. Think I'll find something else to do next Saturday and just check the result at 5. We should get at least the point we need, but I have very little confidence that we will.

Check out Arbroath's goals from today, that should make for an easier week for you. Happy to help. 

The trouble-with having half a team of loan players is they don't give a dam, win or lose they still have a job next year. Hence there is no fight or back bone to the team. Time for the real squad to play and stand up and fight for team and town.
Very harsh on our loanees IMO. Jones, Breen, Maxwell and Mebude have all been more good than bad for us. Even when they have had bad games I've never questioned those players' commitment. I don't rate Dickson but I can't say I've questioned his either. The only loanee who's given that attitude is Fitzpatrick. I'd be very happy to see the first four re-sign for next season. I'd struggle to pick 4 of our 'own' players to keep next season.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 hours ago, sneeuq said:

Very harsh on our loanees IMO. Jones, Breen, Maxwell and Mebude have all been more good than bad for us. Even when they have had bad games I've never questioned those players' commitment. I don't rate Dickson but I can't say I've questioned his either. The only loanee who's given that attitude is Fitzpatrick. I'd be very happy to see the first four re-sign for next season. I'd struggle to pick 4 of our 'own' players to keep next season.

^^^^ Agree with this. 

I can't say I've actually questioned the attitude of any of the loan players,  apart from maybe Fitzpatrick,  frustrating, because  you know he has the ability but sometimes doesn't look interested.  There are a few reasons why we've fallen out of the promotion play-off race, I don't think the attitude of the loanees is one of them.  We probably wouldn't even be as high up the table as we are without these loanees. 

Edit to add: Apart maybe from locals Gibson and Goss (where's he gone) I'm not sure any of the players really take playing for the pride of Dumfries into consideration.  I'd be surprised if it motivated them at all and really why should it. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

I think Queens should let us win in a charitable sort of way. Let’s be honest if they or indeed Morton finish 9th they have a very good chance of winning the playoffs. We would have absolutely no chance in the playoffs. Remember it’s in your interest Queens to keep us in your league as it’s guaranteed points for you next season. Just keep this in front of your minds when playing us next Saturday 

I think Queens should let us win in a charitable sort of way. Let’s be honest if they or indeed Morton finish 9th they have a very good chance of winning the playoffs. We would have absolutely no chance in the playoffs. Remember it’s in your interest Queens to keep us in your league as it’s guaranteed points for you next season. Just keep this in front of your minds when playing us next Saturday 
Nah, nothing sweeter than helping relegate your derby rivals.

Having watched Queens yesterday I thought they were Ok -certainly better than the Pars for 45 minutes and could easily have gone in 1-1 at half time except for a fantastic save. The one weak area I saw was the goalkeeper, his decision making looked a bit suspect. Will be a tough game for Ayr if they are really as bad as some posters make out.

55 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

1_GTYMGpfjunepm893BARKDg.gif.4e082520c144e7472c64ac68a1541f8e.gif