Fight for 2nd Place - Dundee vs Raith - 24th April.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Ite rare we say this, but Hendry has been awful today.  We really need him in the game.

Probably because he's downing tools for his future team if rumours are to be believed.

That was shite. Can't see us coming back here. 

Not looking good at the back and we are a mess up front. Not in the game and the hoof ball is predictably achieving nothing. 

Ugwu is like a man down. Get him off for Vaughan at half time and never mind the punting nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It's only 2-0 folks and still a whole half to go. 

And even then we stay a point ahead...and both teams are 1-1 versus next opponent in League this year...just saying, it ain’t nearly over.

This is a tale we've told too often this season. When the midfield doesn't click, the strikers can't create for themselves, and we offer nothing. 

I'm not completely distraught. We know this Dundee side are fragile and they haven't offered a huge amount either. Obviously been the better side, but the penalty looked a little harsh and the ball was obviously very close to the line, so it's fine margins.

An early goal in the second half could really turn things on its head, but the Rovers look like they need a freak event (like Tait nearly scoring out of nothing from 30 yards) to get that goal. 

We are getting no time on the ball and Tumilty has been pretty much nullified which is limiting us going forward.

Gullan is looking good which is a positive. If ever we need Kennedy to recapture some of his early form with us it's now, get an early goal in the 2nd half and it opens things up.

As much as I hate to say it do we sacrifice Tait to bring on King to have him play the deeper role to let Hendry push on?

If it was 1-0, we could maybe snatch something like last time however I can't see us keeping it tight enough at the back whilst getting far enough forward.

Likely all about next week now, in all honesty.

Two pretty poor teams. Dundee being significantly less poor and actually creating a couple of chances - which were taken. 

Stonewall penalty and I think Raith should feel lucky there haven't been cards. 

It's not pretty but if the same happens second half I'll happily take my 4-0 prediction coming true and stick my foreskin over my head. 

Best we can hope for in this is a 2-2 I suspect but that would need us to up our game significantly. Who knows, if we can find a goal from somewhere maybe Dundee will start to panic. But just as likely that they’ll get a third and kill us off. Goal difference could matter if we take a heavy defeat. 

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Best we can hope for in this is a 2-2 I suspect but that would need us to up our game significantly. Who knows, if we can find a goal from somewhere maybe Dundee will start to panic. But just as likely that they’ll get a third and kill us off. Goal difference could matter if we take a heavy defeat. 

The fun bit would be that if the result holds, it opens the chance for a tie-breaker game...not!