Organised crime thread

41 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Patrick Hutch was cleared of the murder a couple of years ago despite being pictured dressed as a woman running from the scene with Kevin "flatcap" Murray.

Murray is the one the right wearing the flatcap.

Regency-1.jpg

Not the most dramatic gangster nickname. 😄

Any idea how he got it?

On 04/04/2023 at 09:12, MEADOWXI said:

Think accident would be accidently discharging a firearm at a gun range or similar.

Running down a street with two guns, firing at people, then chasing someone you have already shot, and having to use the second gun as the first has stopped working and continuing to fire into house without though or care for who may be in the fireline isn't an accident, and in no way should be thought of as such. He showed no regard for anyone in his way and deserves to be hated and removed from society.

Think the point being that he clearly never set out to kill the wee lassie, so firstly to be convicted of her murder then to receive a sentence larger than another person who was convicted of killing 6 children in the same house seems like the jury and the judge were swayed heavily in some way

(btw i think he should be locked away for that time, f**k him and his kind on the streets, but someone like phillpot who'll likely only do just over a year per death is a shambles of a sentence, especially as he planned the fire WITH the kids in the house, thats way more calculated than the gangster just running and shooting wildly into a house) 

I think Hutch is considered a fairly amiable guy in terms of criminals.  One thing the judgement that he was not guilty of murder shouldn't do is to take away from what they did find - that there is a Hutch organised crime group, that the Hutch gang carried out the Regency shooting and that Gerry Hutch was in control of the firearms used in the crime after the shooting.

The footage of him at the boxing club is nice but if you google that club now, he abandoned them when the feud began and they now don't have a pot to piss in - literally they don't have a separate toilet for the women and girl boxers.

41 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Whilst his programmes were decent, I cannot stand that smug p***k Donal McKintyre 

He’s a complete bell end, absolutely true.

Theres a hilarious bit in an Adam Curtis short film about the media where McIntyre walks about Brixton with his mobile phone trying to get mugged so he can film it. After about three days aimlessly wandering someone finally grabbed his phone and he starts crying at the trauma.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2023 at 16:01, Torpar said:

Really enjoying this podcast so far, highlight of my Wednesdays in the office!

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/the-kinahans/id1676062124

I've caught up on this podcast now, really interesting with some details that I didn't know.

The revenge attacks following the Regency were truly awful, they just murdered folk who knew the Hutches but weren't involved with them or crime.

I see there has been footage of a horrifying machete attack in Glasgow.  No word on if it's related to organised crime but we've seen crime gangs use these methods in Scotland recently.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I see there has been footage of a horrifying machete attack in Glasgow.  No word on if it's related to organised crime but we've seen crime gangs use these methods in Scotland recently.

Saw that video, looks like scheme politics to me rather than actual organised crime 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/footage-shows-brutal-machete-attack-30127604?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

The Gentrification of Dennistoun continues at pace. Uncertain if the rumours are correct, but seemingly the victim has links to the Daniels, and was in the area attempting to have a go at one of the folk who, for want of a better description, chopped him up.

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/footage-shows-brutal-machete-attack-30127604?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

The Gentrification of Dennistoun continues at pace. Uncertain if the rumours are correct, but seemingly the victim has links to the Daniels, and was in the area attempting to have a go at one of the folk who, for want of a better description, chopped him up.

First thought when reading that the Daily Record won't show the footage was I bet Twitter has it.

Twitter had it.

f**k me that was awful.

16 hours ago, Ross. said:

If i had a pound for every person who claimed to have those links id be a hundredthousandaire. 

11 hours ago, Lofarl said:

First thought when reading that the Daily Record won't show the footage was I bet Twitter has it.

Twitter had it.

f**k me that was awful.

Twitter, being a sewer for humans' worst thoughts, is basically full of loads of comments under the video blaming "foreigners", blaming the SNP, saying the police should be armed and even some screwball asking Joe Biden if he'll ban machetes as a result.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If i had a pound for every person who claimed to have those links id be a hundredthousandaire. 

Reminds me of working in the Lismore, which was owned by a notorious Glasgow businessman. He took absolutely nothing to do with the place, but his seemingly infinite extended family enjoyed coming in and asking for free drinks.

• 2 weeks later...