Dundee United vs Motherwell - The Battle for 7th

32 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

This team in which Zaine Francis Angol made 33 appearances in the league finished twelve points ahead of United.

Football makes no sense.

There are so many players who featured that season - Nielsen, Hollis, Francis-Angol, Reid, Lawson, McHugh, Kerr - that you couldn't believe were a part of a team that finished second. Even the promising youngsters of the time like Moore and Leitch dropped levels after leaving us. It's astounding we managed it.

Motherwell victory in tribute to this legend. 

Screenshot_20210512-153824_Google.thumb.jpg.dc3368c44e81a89af3fc5cbe3372a3a4.jpg
That's a poor photo. You should have used one from the following season after Mark Mcghee managed to turn him into a complete tank over pre-season.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Motherwell victory in tribute to this legend. 

Screenshot_20210512-153824_Google.jpg

Loved Jimmy Shimmy. He had one move - we knew it, he knew it, his opponents knew it, but it worked every time!

50 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Doohan, Smith, Connolly, Smith, Sporle, Fuchs, Pawlett, Hoti, Apperre, Shankland, Chalmers

Bit weird that Mehmet is benched when Doohan is no even our player!

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

Campbell keeps his place - so it matters how you leave.

Always. Not like we don’t know that Motherwell FC is not the pinnacle of every decent footballers dreams. 

You are good enough you will get your move and the club will actively support your ambitions. 

Still some players have to play the victim (asshole).....

Taylor Swift Reaction GIF

Jim Paterson once injured himself running through the East Stand wall stopping an attack right in front of me. He had to go off injured because of it. I always respected him from that point on.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I recall Peter Pawlett from tonight’s lineup having a similar run in with east stand wall back in his Aberdeen days or he jumped over it completely, can’t really remember.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I recall Peter Pawlett from tonight’s lineup having a similar run in with east stand wall back in his Aberdeen days or he jumped over it completely, can’t really remember.

I can’t recall that I’m afraid. My favourite wall jump was Jim O’Brien at Kilmarnock when we were in the main stand for whatever reason. He must have injured a few folk with the rate of knots he flew over the wall at celebrating his goal. I think we won 3-0 and it would have been the season we had Ruddy and the Juke.

25 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

20210512_170605.jpg

I really like Sporle as a player and think it’s a nonsense that he’s not been in the starting line up recently but I far prefer him playing further forward.

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I can’t recall that I’m afraid. My favourite wall jump was Jim O’Brien at Kilmarnock when we were in the main stand for whatever reason. He must have injured a few folk with the rate of knots he flew over the wall at. I think we won 3-0 and it would have been the season we had Ruddy and the Juke.

Going back waaaay further, I recall Craig Paterson, midweek winter game, skiting right off the grass, across the red ash surround and smacking his face off the away dugout (then) concrete surround.

Ouch.

Apropos of nothing, I wish the BBC would take the "Player Rater" off the match page and stick it up their metaphorical arse. They've recently taken to placing it right at the top, too, so if you want to look at the stats or the text updates you have to scroll down past it, which means you can't then see the scores from the other games without scrolling back up again. I even went as far as sending a formal complaint about it the other week (I blame lockdown for the lack of anything better to do) but the c***s didn't even acknowledge it.

I suppose somebody must use it, because there are always actual ratings on there, but I suspect the majority of the contributors are either 9, or have a mental age not far off that. This theory is supported by the fact that there are ratings on there NOW, and the fucking game doesn't even kick off for another 5 minutes.

Apologies in advance to any readers (9 year old or otherwise) who actually like this pointless widget. For full disclosure I am more than a few pints into my pre-match preparations and therefore care not a jot if you are offended.

<\Yer Da mode>