The 2021/2022 Championship

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Creates a difficult scenario for Arbroath as we have a capacity of 6600 but fewer than 900 seats. So going on what you’re saying, we could only use the seats or the terracing but not a combination? This would lead to a tiny capacity (150-200) if using the seats only due to social distancing or up to 1000 for terracing only but with no where to sit for the elderly etc.

I genuinely don’t think that the government have recognised the existence of venues with a mix of seats and standing areas. @Skyline Drifter   Seems quite in touch with what the regulations actually mean at this level(obviously mostly queens) . But it seems a bit of a mess currently.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

All of those figures are subject to being increased with the permission of local authorities.

Unfortunately I can’t see notable increases at least until the first round of fixtures are out the way.  We’ve seen with how the Scottish Cup was managed that despite a massive stadium only a very minor increase on the given maximum was granted,  before all fans were banned.

36 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I genuinely don’t think that the government have recognised the existence of venues with a mix of seats and standing areas. @Skyline Drifter   Seems quite in touch with what the regulations actually mean at this level(obviously mostly queens) . But it seems a bit of a mess currently.

Unfortunately I can’t see notable increases at least until the first round of fixtures are out the way.  We’ve seen with how the Scottish Cup was managed that despite a massive stadium only a very minor increase on the given maximum was granted,  before all fans were banned.

The first round of fixtures will be finishing in mid-October, which is 4 months away. I'd be incredibly concerned if almost all covid regulations haven't been lifted by then.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The first round of fixtures will be finishing in mid-October, which is 4 months away. I'd be incredibly concerned if almost all covid regulations haven't been lifted by then.

Sadly I’m incredibly pessimistic at this stage.  

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I agree. Every adult in Scotland will have been fully vaccinated well before then and possibly a fair chunk of 12-16 year olds too. We're also likely to be underway with winter booster injections by then also.

I personally think the SG have done a pretty good job so far but if that's not enough to be able to fully open society back up then we might as well just shut everything down for good. Unless of course there's a new variant on the go by then that's causing a huge increase in serious illness and death.

Edited by Tattie36

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

...Every adult in Scotland will have been fully vaccinated well before then...

I didn't realize they had now made the vaccinations compulsory. Here in Idiocracy-Land we'll be lucky to get to 65-70% vaccinated among eligible populations. There's a hardcore 20%+ that simply won't get vaccinated, and, of that, about 25% of them (net 5% of population) that insist on the right to wander around without masks and cough on you because its all made up.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

I didn't realize they had now made the vaccinations compulsory. Here in Idiocracy-Land we'll be lucky to get to 65-70% vaccinated among eligible populations. There's a hardcore 20%+ that simply won't get vaccinated, and, of that, about 25% of them (net 5% of population) that insist on the right to wander around without masks and cough on you because its all made up.

Perhaps I should have said - every adult in Scotland will have been offered the vaccine and the vast majority will have been fully vaccinated. 

They’re not compulsory here but we do have a very high voluntary uptake of 90%+. Yes there are a small number of weirdos who won’t get it but not enough to destroy it for the majority.

Surely there's a very simple solution that the football clubs/authorities can discuss with the rule makers. If you prove you have had both shots, no restrictions, one shot then you have to socially distance etc and no shots, unless on medical grounds, no entry? Is that too radical or difficult?

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

Surely there's a very simple solution that the football clubs/authorities can discuss with the rule makers. If you prove you have had both shots, no restrictions, one shot then you have to socially distance etc and no shots, unless on medical grounds, no entry? Is that too radical or difficult?

There, perhaps not…here, it’s illegal in states like Florida and Texas because, Free-Dumb. In all seriousness, it’s genuinely illegal to ask them to prove it, it’s honor system only. Yea, I know it’s not directly relevant, but at least you can feel better about your uptake rate and sensible restrictions.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

How do you prove you've had both jabs?  I've had both of mine but have no proof of this.  A lot of this crowds being allowed back in is going to be based on the hope that fans are being honest about having the jabs. It would put extra strain on the NHS to give written verification of everyone that was vaccinated. 

How do you prove you've had both jabs?  I've had both of mine but have no proof of this.  A lot of this crowds being allowed back in is going to be based on the hope that fans are being honest about having the jabs. It would put extra strain on the NHS to give written verification of everyone that was vaccinated. 
Anyone can log in to the nhs covid site and do this. You just need the unique id on the bottom of either letter you received
ETA you can download them from here not request them by post etc

15 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Anyone can log in to the nhs covid site and do this. You just need the unique id on the bottom of either letter you received
ETA you can download them from here not request them by post etc

That's interesting. The next time I get a letter from the NHS will be the first time. I've had both jabs...............

That's interesting. The next time I get a letter from the NHS will be the first time. I've had both jabs...............
If you're really that interested in and received an email with your vaccination appointments then it's in there also

Just now, jaggyness said:
23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If you're really that interested in and received an email with your vaccination appointments then it's in there also

I didn't receive an email either. I got a text the first time and a direct phone call the 2nd time. Neither gave me a Unique ID.

And yes, I know I can phone my surgery and ask for it but it's not necessarily quite as easy as you suggest (and the last time I actually phoned my surgery I tried for well over an hour before I actually got through).

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I didn't receive an email either. I got a text the first time and a direct phone call the 2nd time. Neither gave me a Unique ID.

And yes, I know I can phone my surgery and ask for it but it's not necessarily quite as easy as you suggest (and the last time I actually phoned my surgery I tried for well over an hour before I actually got through).

Similar with me,  I got texts from my surgery offering me appointments for both vaccinations,  I had both but have no proof that I actually attended the appointments.  I'm sure surgeries will be delighted if a mass of football supporters contact them for proof of vaccination. 

18 hours ago, Mr X said:

I don't know if it relaxes at lower levels but currently those figures are either/or not "and".

If you have terracing at the stadium you can use it OR the seating not both.

That's not quite clear. It's correct to say you cannot add the two together and use both numbers. The higher number only applies. It's unclear whether you can use a mix of seating and standing to get to that number though or whether it is one or the other.

17 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Creates a difficult scenario for Arbroath as we have a capacity of 6600 but fewer than 900 seats. So going on what you’re saying, we could only use the seats or the terracing but not a combination? This would lead to a tiny capacity (150-200) if using the seats only due to social distancing or up to 1000 for terracing only but with no where to sit for the elderly etc.

See above, but there's no chance Arbroath are getting 150 usable seats out of that stand. It'll be well under 100 I'd be pretty sure.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

All of those figures are subject to being increased with the permission of local authorities.

Only if you can do so whilst still complying with social distancing and Red Zone exclusions, etc. They can't over-ride those. That's fine at the likes of Kilmarnock and Dunfermline with 4 large stands. It may potentially be possible. At smaller clubs it won't be. Some of us won't get near the present limits.

14 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Per above. I think clubs with limited seating (Arbroath, QoS, Morton, Ayr at least at this level) will all have major issues if the 2m social distancing requirement is not relaxed. It's unlikely any of them will get anywhere near the theoretically permissable number of usable seats even for Level 2. Not 100% sure of Morton where I'm unclear on whether the Wee Dublin End would count as seating. Updated guidance is due at the end of the month. Until then we're just not sure about much but it's certainly unlikely anyone will get to sit in their chosen season ticket seat for a while. I imagine designated & distanced seating is likely for some time to come and I'm not sure if walk ups would be allowed even if you theoretically had surplus capacity for them.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This is how to get a vaccination certificate. If you didn’t get an appointment letter, you can set up an account or phone the helpline and they will send out the certificate. You’re not supposed to phone your surgery.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Per above. I think clubs with limited seating (Arbroath, QoS, Morton, Ayr at least at this level) will all have major issues if the 2m social distancing requirement is not relaxed. It's unlikely any of them will get anywhere near the theoretically permissable number of usable seats even for Level 2. Not 100% sure of Morton where I'm unclear on whether the Wee Dublin End would count as seating. Updated guidance is due at the end of the month. Until then we're just not sure about much but it's certainly unlikely anyone will get to sit in their chosen season ticket seat for a while. I imagine designated & distanced seating is likely for some time to come and I'm not sure if walk ups would be allowed even if you theoretically had surplus capacity for them.

We got to use the Wee Dublin End for the Airdrie game over and above the 500 in the stand, with anyone in there being told they had to remain seated. However, despite having a larger capacity than the main stand and it being completely open air, we were only allowed to have 100 people in. Maybe that was just due to one authority or another being uneasy about the optics of allowing us a significant increase on the agreed capacity at the time of 500, but hopefully there wouldn't be such a  stupidly small restriction on the WDE again; if we're allowed to use it and we can fit 500 in the main stand, then there's no reason at all not to have more than that in the WDE.