Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

Very good result. Hard not to feel a wee bit disappointed we haven’t won given the chances we had and the shite penalty we gave away.

Zander was a Titan in goal and has kept us very much in the tie. The pressure at the end there was hellish. We will take that draw and we can take them at another sold out McDiarmid.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Another terrific away result for St Johnstone. Well done. 

I don't think it's giving away any secrets though to say that they've been here before, and that their home form in Europe is pretty brutal. 

Thought we were very good again and looked pretty comfortable throughout. Front three worked well especially for the goal. MOH gave his best performance for a while and it's a shame Middleton didn't finish that chance. Add in Muzz's header and we could have been 0-3 up.

Rash challenge by McCart but anybody that doubts the quality of our three central defenders is clueless.

I feel far more confident against this lot than last week. It will be my first competitive home game in about 10 years as we move back to Scotland next week - can't wait!

Well played Saints.

As Istanbul, would have been delighted with this result beforehand, but feel an opportunity missed as said above.

At 1-0 we had a few great chances and were playing superbly. Moment of stupidity from McCart and from there on we stopped causing them much threat. In fairness to McCart, that was a goal saving reaction and clearance from Nakamura’s header off the post to make amends.

In the end we held on and are probably happy to get away with a draw.  Think our limited squad was evident.  Was crying out for a change as the players were shattered, but any change from that first eleven was likely to weaken us.

To keep it alive for next week was all we asked, we’ve certainly done that and should be a cracking night again next week.

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Another terrific away result for St Johnstone. Well done. 

I don't think it's giving away any secrets though to say that they've been here before, and that their home form in Europe is pretty brutal. 

Won 5 Drawn 4 Lost 4

at home in Europe.

Away:-

won 2  drawn 5  lost 7

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm definitely going in the east stand next week. They should make it entry only for season ticket holders and folk who go on Sunday. That should rule out a few daytrippers. 

Aye, we could boost our crowd on Sunday with something like when you buy your ticket online for the Utd match you get to order one for next Thursday night before the general sale.

Sunday will probably be as big a crowd as next Thursday night anyway. 

Felt we wouldn't know.if the result in Turkey was a good one until a week later but in hindsight, I don't think it would have mattered. 

I think it might this time. Would undoubtedly have taken a draw this afternoon but a probably disappointed now. 

Thought Gordon, Davidson and Kane were probably the pick from a great team performance. Such an out-of-character challenge from McCart but that's the pressure these big nights bring. 

Next week has the potential to be epic. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Won 5 Drawn 4 Lost 4

at home in Europe.

Away:-

won 2  drawn 5  lost 7

Fair enough. 

Slightly misleading though, as 3 of these home wins were in 1971. 

As far as I can remember, is it not the case though that Saints recent home record is pretty poor, and in fact when playing the 2nd leg at home, you often get knocked out ?