Bear on Bear action

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

But again if you go to a music festival you know there will be trouble, drunken disorderly conduct and violence yet you choose to go. It's a balance of risk and as I've outlined clearly plenty of people went and didn't get involved in the drama or poor conduct and left when it occurred. I don't think they are arseholes for potentially making a poor judgement call much like I don't think people that go to other events with large scale disturbances should feel guilt for attending or all be deemed as arseholes. 

Firstly we arent talking about music festivals and secondly there are many music festivals you can attend where you will encounter no trouble whatsover

13 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

But again if you go to a music festival you know there will be trouble, drunken disorderly conduct and violence yet you choose to go. It's a balance of risk and as I've outlined clearly plenty of people went and didn't get involved in the drama or poor conduct and left when it occurred. I don't think they are arseholes for potentially making a poor judgement call much like I don't think people that go to other events with large scale disturbances should feel guilt for attending or all be deemed as arseholes. 

Have you ever encountered religious bigotry at T in the Park or any other music festival?

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Firstly we arent talking about music festivals and secondly there are many music festivals you can attend where you will encounter no trouble whatsover

Well you said attending events without 100% certainty there won't be trouble is the correct stance to take. I'm just providing example where you'd probably disagree. 

Let's use T in the Park, as I said earlier I went when I was about 18, someone was murdered that year and there were numerous serious assaults, multiple stabbings and some reported rapes. Do you think I was an arsehole for attending even though I stayed clear of any trouble? Should people, youngsters especially, stay at home due to the risk of trouble?

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Have you ever encountered religious bigotry at T in the Park or any other music festival?

Is this a joke? 

Yes. Loads, chants literally go across the whole area and rotated between numerous Rangers and celtc songs taking it in turns to start such chants. 

The maddest anecdote was meeting a Liverpool fan that had had his jaw broken by an Everton fan the previous night, obviously not religious but still idiots being idiots for idiotic reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Is this a joke? 

Yes. Loads, chants literally go across the whole area and rotated between numerous Rangers and celtc songs taking it in turns to start such chants. 

The maddest anecdote was meeting a Liverpool fan that had had his jaw broken by an Everton fan the previous night, obviously not religious but still idiots being idiots for idiotic reasons. 

Thanks for answering and keeping it civil.

It wasn't a joke - I'm curious as to why you equate music festivals - you've mentioned them several times today - with yesterday's events.

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Thanks for answering and keeping it civil.

It wasn't a joke - I'm curious as to why you equate music festivals - you've mentioned them several times today - with yesterday's events.

That wouldn't be my go to comparison but the poster I was speaking to said that if you go to events where you know there will be trouble then that's wrong, I'm merely using that as a good example of why it's not really a fair judgement to make in my view. 

I don't think it's fair to say that people that went along and caused no trouble are arseholes for attending when they knew there would likely be trouble. 

47 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm sure the majority of people that were out and about didn't see any trouble either. As has been said a few times it seems most people went and enjoyed a jovial albeit raucous atmosphere and then left when things started to go sour. 

Unless they only expected 5 other bears to turn up then they are still arseholes for deliberately breaking the rules on gathering at a time when Glasgow is already behind the rest of the country. Is it really that hard to just crack a beer at home and raise a glass to a great season on the pitch? Why the need to meet up other than to be deliberately provocative?

1 minute ago, ribzanelli said:

Unless they only expected 5 other bears to turn up then they are still arseholes for deliberately breaking the rules on gathering at a time when Glasgow is already behind the rest of the country. Is it really that hard to just crack a beer at home and raise a glass to a great season on the pitch? Why the need to meet up other than to be deliberately provocative?

FFS. I know the Irish bars were told to close for there safety by police Scotland but steady on M8  

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The mans outed himself as an absolute fantasist and a pathological liar. 

Because people sung the billy boys at T in the Park...? 😂

Some of you must live some really sheltered paranoid lives if you think I'd make that up. 

Edited by Stormzy

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

The mans outed himself as an absolute fantasist and a pathological liar. 

It's pretty obvious that this Stormzy c**t has never been inside Ibrox in his puff.

Can we cease this boring pish and get back to laughing at currents sparking each other out and shitting their scants?

5 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

File any covid grumblings in the bin. 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I condone arsehole neds that act like arsehole neds. Not the fans that went and celebrated sensibly...I don't really feel the need to but considering you've directly asked. I went to T in the Park when someone killed someone else with a hammer and nobody asked me to condemn that still. 

You condone neds acting like neds, but not fans celebrating sensibly.

Strange. I'd have thought it would be the other way round.

Just now, Paul Kersey said:

It's pretty obvious that this Stormzy c**t has never been inside Ibrox in his puff.

Can we cease this boring pish and get back to laughing at currents sparking each other out and shitting their scants?

😂

I only had a season ticket for 2 years granted.. 

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

You condone neds acting like neds, but not fans celebrating sensibly.

Strange. I'd have thought it would be the other way round.

I honestly truly make that mistake all the time. 

I of course meant "don't condone" I think...