Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

11 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

haha. Based on where Keyes' business is, what it is and where he lives here, if he's worth less than $17 million I'd be surprised.

@Ludo*1 would probably have a better idea of what his net worth is, as he likes to look into that kind of stuff. But you could probably add another couple of  $100m on to that.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That would be an improvement on the cup game. Would genuinely be considering swapping one of the outfielders to go in his place.

Surely he can't be that bad!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I did once read an article where someone suggested that, for tournaments, nations should have one keeper who is solely trained on saving penalties, doesn't do anything else, purely penalties, and is brought on in the last minutes of extra time for the shootout. Maybe Killie should have done this too??

No idea what Legzdins' penalty saving record is like, can't remember too many being given against us this season??

13 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

In the penalty shoot-out against St Mirren in the cup he didn't even dive for the first four, and then the fifth one was basically straight at him and he managed to get out of the way of it.

16 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I did once read an article where someone suggested that, for tournaments, nations should have one keeper who is solely trained on saving penalties, doesn't do anything else, purely penalties, and is brought on in the last minutes of extra time for the shootout. Maybe Killie should have done this too??

No idea what Legzdins' penalty saving record is like, can't remember too many being given against us this season??

He definitely saved one, I remember that much, but not a clue who the opponents were.

Edit: it was the home win vs Arbroath.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

If this goes to penalties you can already welcome Dundee to the Premiership, because there is no chance Colin Doyle is saving even one.

How did Doyle get back in the team after his horror show in the cup game ? I know Rogers is poor too , but at least he moves his arms ?

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

In the penalty shoot-out against St Mirren in the cup he didn't even dive for the first four, and then the fifth one was basically straight at him and he managed to get out of the way of it.

Sounds like Stryjek against Aberdeen, one was even hit straight down the middle, about a foot off the ground, and he somehow let it go under his legs, then iirc stood like a big upright stonehenge stone, watching the final one go in past him without even moving his arms.

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15241/9373147/world-cup-louis-van-gaals-decision-to-bring-on-tim-krul-against-costa-rica-was-typical-of-the-mans-approach

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

Did Holland do something like that in either the WC or Euros?

In my mind somewhere that a keeper was shit hit at saving pens and was subbed on just before going to a pen shoot out, and saved some for them to go through to their next game.

48 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He is, his efforts to stop any against us were pathetic.

Doyle was like someone at 5s trying to save penalties. They might as well register Tommy Wright, he's probably better than both of them. 

1 hour ago, billyg said:

How did Doyle get back in the team after his horror show in the cup game ? I know Rogers is poor too , but at least he moves his arms ?

Rogers was recalled then dropped after another howler.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

That would be a result of the second 3-3 draw with you a couple of weeks later.

I dunno who is worse out of Doyle and Rogers. 

They are both quite similar in that they can occasionally pull of some decent saves, but then concede the simplest of goals minutes later. I genuinely think they might both be as shite as each other. 

At least Rogers isn’t about 3 stone overweight. 

Edited by Nadroj