Next to go?

16 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Would not be surprised to see Clyde end up bottom. 

Looking at the state of the club just now - a realistic possibility. It's all about recruitment for us just now - but our recruitment has been a steaming pile of dung for a long time now - and I fully expect that trend to continue. If we finish 9th next season no doubt the board will have the champagne out and be declaring it a massive success

4 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

One for league 2 fans. Would you change your mind now re the automatic relegation/promotion between the LL and L2 to make it easier for teams to get back up?

What would that mean? 

10th goes down automatically and 9th in a playoff?

LL v HL winner straight up then runner-up plays 9th?

Doesn't make it significantly more likely that a team would come back up, so if I was a club Chairperson I would be saying no.

If the bottom league was expanded to 18 teams with two automatic relegation spots and a playoff then maybe.

15 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

One for league 2 fans. Would you change your mind now re the automatic relegation/promotion between the LL and L2 to make it easier for teams to get back up?

No. Because you'd be cutting the HL out. And that makes you worse than colts.

5 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

No. Because you'd be cutting the HL out. And that makes you worse than colts.

You can’t cut the HL out??? Tier 5 leagues are part of the same agreement. It would mean either 2 up 2 down, or the winner of the HL/LL play off goes straight up.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

9 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

If the league below wasn't 1. Regionalised 2. Comprised of hamlets, universities and teams that have existed for 10 mins, no one would be particularly fussed about getting relegated.

And yet the league below has won the last 3 playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

If the league below wasn't 1. Regionalised 2. Comprised of hamlets, universities and teams that have existed for 10 mins, no one would be particularly fussed about getting relegated.

University of Stirling nearly won the league because of how well they are run.

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

And yet the league below has won the last 3 playoffs.

I didn't say there weren't some decent teams. There are.

It's just a horribly unappealing league which is why people are so terrified of ending up in it.

If I could choose how reconstruction works, I'd have the current 10 team, L1/L2 structure playoffs structure going down to about tier 8. No regionalisation.

In an ideal situation the winners of the Highland league and lowland league both go up, however what happens if say Stranraer and Dumbarton finish in the bottom two what are we doing about that in terms of which league would they go into?

To me you would have to put the most northern club in the lowland league up to the Highland league to make space

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

It's just a horribly unappealing league which is why people are so terrified of ending up in it.

If I could choose how reconstruction works, I'd have the current 10 team, L1/L2 structure playoffs structure going down to about tier 8. No regionalisation.

Then surely it would make sense to make as easy as possible to get back out of it? 

Just now, ScottishLoon said:

In an ideal situation the winners of the Highland league and lowland league both go up, however what happens if say Stranraer and Dumbarton finish in the bottom two what are we doing about that in terms of which league would they go into?

They would both go to the LL (if that is they league they have nominated), and the LL would relegate more teams to accommodate.

14 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

You can’t cut the HL out??? Tier 5 leagues are part of the same agreement. It would mean either 2 up 2 down, or the winner of the HL/LL play off goes straight up.

You literally did in your post.

7 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

To me you would have to put the most northern club in the lowland league up to the Highland league to make space

Or the LL boot a colt team out. Much easier.

9 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I agree. Dropping into a league with Pollok, Clydebank, a couple of Ayrshire sides, Fraserburgh and the like wouldn't be bad at all on a weekend to weekend basis.

10 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I've seen some plenty of reconstruction ideas before but 12-10-10-10-10-10-10-10 is horrifying.