New Premiership Strips 2021-22

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did we not go from Joma, to BLK, then to Macron?

Our home tops have been dire for a while, regardless of who makes them. Suggests it's an issue at the clubs end more than anything tbh.

St. Johnstone have a habit of making a plain blue shirt and white shorts somehow look rubbish and half arsed. It's uncanny actually. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

St. Johnstone have a habit of making a plain blue shirt and white shorts somehow look rubbish and half arsed. It's uncanny actually. 

I'm hoping we include some gold next season, and that makes a difference. I'm not even sure what a good home top would even look like for us tbh.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm hoping we include some gold next season, and that makes a difference. I'm not even sure what a good home top would even look like for us tbh.

The early Xara ones and a couple of your own brand ones from the 90s were very good. The pinstripe one from about 97 or 98 was a very good effort. 

59 minutes ago, Ric said:

I remember the designs, I remember that everyone chose the designs I thought were dreadful. If it's a fan vote, then I fear the outcome.

I wouldn't say that at all. The widely accepted best strips we've had in last 30 years were both fan designed and had almost unanimous backing. 

The popular opinion that I remember was that one of the home choices was the most popular by a mile and it was neck and neck between the best 2 of the 4 away choices that had quite minor differences (the colour of the diagonal stripe being the only major difference) 

Edited by djchapsticks

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I wouldn't say that at all. The widely accepted best strips we've had in last 30 years were both fan designed and had almost unanimous backing.

It's not that fan designed strips are bad, we've seen "official" strips like the JD Sports being an absolute aberration to style, but of the designs put forward I wasn't really sold on any and the public opinion (at least on this site) seemed to favour the designs I disliked most.

It's all personal taste of course.

The other element was that this season's strips (imo) are some of the nicest we've had for a while (both home and away) and I doubt we'll put two crackers out of the bag in succession.

Edited by Ric

3 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

Would love to multi-greenie this OP for the magnificent and utterly correct use of the word 'strips' rather than the horrific anglo word 'kit' which seems to have been disgracefully allowed to take over in Scotland recently.

Football players wear football strips. They wear football kits if you're from fucking Essex or somewhere like that.

We'll be discussing "uniforms" before you know it. 🤮

We’ve had a cracking run of strips with Macron the last few years. Very biased but definitely among the best in the league.

Some of our away strips in particular have been sexy as f**k - this seasons blue effort and last seasons white one with the c&a band. Expect we’ll return to a mainly claret away kit this year though. Looking forward to seeing the designs.

I have requested from the powers that be if we can have a wee embroidered gold star above the club badge on next seasons kits [emoji120][emoji294]️

25 minutes ago, dezz said:

We’ve had a cracking run of strips with Macron the last few years. Very biased but definitely among the best in the league.

Some of our away strips in particular have been sexy as f**k - this seasons blue effort and last seasons white one with the c&a band. Expect we’ll return to a mainly claret away kit this year though. Looking forward to seeing the designs.

Motherwell's tops have been pretty consistently good or excellent for a long time.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Still can't believe that someone on the board signed off on that fucking abomination.

Yellow trim as well....

That was all down to Brian Caldwell. He really liked that design. It had relegation written all over it.

Pretty much all our Macron kits have been very decent. I'm hoping we stick with them as they seem to put a bit of effort in regardless of the club.

If we end up with the likes of Joma I might cry.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

A gold trim on the shirt to commemorate the achievement of a cup double would be brilliant but the new shirt got signed off a number of weeks ago so would probably be too late now.

19 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

81FA7E79-7C21-4161-83A2-EB1E59F32B13.png

I think you've missed a trick here, there was a worse one in the shape of the away kit. As DJC says, it's amazing anyone would think that design was in any way acceptable.

That said, we've all had minging strips, including United.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Was that the same season that your away kit had a much nicer St Mirren home top as part of the design?

CA5B2949-B7A5-4FD0-BD09-81D14D8367AC.jpeg.b858ebef1210cfd24a296f9655a6c5ac.jpeg

It is an absolute shocker, a "superman" style shirt which was rightfully mocked.

Edited by Ric

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Was that the same season that your away kit had a much nicer St Mirren home top as part of the design?

CA5B2949-B7A5-4FD0-BD09-81D14D8367AC.jpeg.b858ebef1210cfd24a296f9655a6c5ac.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think you've missed a trick here, there was a worse one in the shape of the away kit. As DJC says, it's amazing anyone would think that design was in any way acceptable.

That said, we've all had minging strips, including United.

It is an absolute shocker, a "superman" style shirt which was rightfully mocked.

As OTIG says, if you wash the yellow off that horror show of an away top, there's a pretty smart home top lurking under there. :lol: