vs Netherlands

Just now, Detournement said:

He was great in Belgrade beside Jack. 

Him or Armstrong is the only outfield dilemma Clarke has. 

Who to start up front is subjective imo. I’d have Dykes for the Czech Republic game because we will need someone who can hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. At Wembley when we’re likely playing on the counter, Adams would be a more obvious choice. 

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I suspect I’m a footballing dinosaur but no one will ever convince me that passing it back and forward in your own box is worth it.

Not a dinosaur at all.  The great unwritten rule of football is "thou shalt not p!ss about on the edge of thine own penalty area, lest disaster fall upon thy net and great shall be the wrath of thy fans upon thy heid".

Pleased with that performance, we've matched them all over the park and used the ball reasonably well when we've had it.

Big Hendry has been great so far, really aggressive which we can get away with in the back five and he's used the ball really well. Great work to press the ball so high and then a perfect strike. His positioning wasn't great for the Dutch goal but neither was Cooper's and Turnbull didn't track his runner.

If Ryan Jack or McTominay were in that midfield instead of McGregor or Armstrong I think we'd look even better. We could be doing with more of a stopper in there.

Dykes is a pest but I still have some doubts about him as a first choice at this level.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not a dinosaur at all.  The great unwritten rule of football is "thou shalt not p!ss about on the edge of thine own penalty area, lest disaster fall upon thy net and great shall be the wrath of thy fans upon thy heid".

"If thou art in doubt, then thou must hoof it out"

6 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

Biggest question is surely, have Hendry and Cooper done enough so that we can play McTomminay in midfield ?

Are McGregor, Armstrong or Turnbull doing enough to not play McTominay in midfield?

Biggest question is surely, have Hendry and Cooper done enough so that we can play McTomminay in midfield ?
I know it doesnt count for a huge amount.... Or maybe it does... SSC said McTominay is in the squad as a midfielder

14 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Who to start up front is subjective imo. I’d have Dykes for the Czech Republic game because we will need someone who can hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. At Wembley when we’re likely playing on the counter, Adams would be a more obvious choice. 

I think it will be 3-5-2 Adams and Dykes. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Are McGregor, Armstrong or Turnbull doing enough to not play McTominay in midfield?

Nope, Jack's absence and McGregor's drop in form means he simply has to start at the base of the midfield. McGinn is also in, but f**k knows who deserves to join them.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

I think it will be 3-5-2 Adams and Dykes. 

Who are you dropping in the middle then? I can’t see either of McGinn or Christie being dropped but I also don’t see SC only playing with one holding midfielder.

GK

Back 3

SOD-McTominay-McGregor/Turnbull-Robertson

McGinn-Christie

Adams/Dykes