Kelty Hearts Thread

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Will be interesting to see how Kelty do this season. It’s a big jump from league 2 to league 1. Especially the top half of league 1. 

my prediction will be top 4 with Dunfermline, Airdrie and Queens.

We will be bottom 4 with Edinburgh, Peterhead and Falkirk.

Although that would be brilliant totally think we will do well finishing mid table and would bite your  hand off for that right now , Genuinely think this will be our level with the odd play off hopefully and cup runs , but who knows in this game 😁😁

Any reason that gaffers keep walking out on you guys after winning promotion? From the outside looking in, being Kelty manager looks like it would be a very attractive job; healthy budget, excellent facilities, good support. I imagine you lot pay your gaffer well too. 

I've got no inside track, but it strikes me Kelty would be the perfect gig for Charlie Adam as player/manager. They've got a squad who would need a full meltdown to get relegated, which would give him time to learn and adapt. He still has plenty to offer on the pitch at the same time.

38 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Any reason that gaffers keep walking out on you guys after winning promotion? From the outside looking in, being Kelty manager looks like it would be a very attractive job; healthy budget, excellent facilities, good support. I imagine you lot pay your gaffer well too. 

This is more a case of Thomson getting out before he gets found out surely?

Gutted  he’s walked but happy as well instead of leaving us hanging waiting on a full time job , let’s us know where we stand and can get on with preparing for the season ahead 

Cardle would do nicely thanks very much , one things for sure you get plenty backing and time in the Kelty hot seat
Wish KT all the best and Barjonas as he will no doubt be following him out the door now 

58 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Obviously they think they can do better at a higher league team , Like Barry Ferguson at Alloa 😂

This is more a case of Thomson getting out before he gets found out surely?

This for me.

He was in charge of a side that could have won the division without a manager last season. It wasn't an achievement. He'd have had the budget to compete this season and anything out with a top 4 finish would be a failure. The squad he has the now though certainly won't walk this division so it would have been a test for him to assemble a squad.

I know his fans say he played some great attacking football. Alan Johnston had us playing the best attacking football I've ever seen at Palmerston. He soon got found out in a level playing field though.

16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think Thomson has treated Kelty like shite tbh. Couldn't wait to leave.

The problem for clubs like Kelty (and also lets face it for most clubs at this level - with the possible exception of the Bairns and Pars) is that young aspiring and presumably talented managers will always see them as a stepping stone when the opportunity arises ... c'est la vie!

So many teams in the league who are either new to the club or newly into management. This should make for an interesting season. Given that Thomson has been looking at other jobs I would think Kelty fans are not sad to see him go? 

As to predictions on the finishing places I will leave any comments till the squads are better know. 

Welcome to the thread.

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Obviously they think they can do better at a higher league team , Like Barry Ferguson at Alloa 😂

The Record always have to have a Rangers angle with everything what a rag.

Probably for the best he left as he seems to be hooring himself for every full time job going, despite probably being on a good wage at Kelty.

At least you can move on and plan ahead for next season.

Wee Barry was always going to fail at Alloa just had to look at his record with Clyde.

23 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The Record always have to have a Rangers angle with everything what a rag.

Probably for the best he left as he seems to be hooring himself for every full time job going, despite probably being on a good wage at Kelty.

At least you can move on and plan ahead for next season.

Wee Barry was always going to fail at Alloa just had to look at his record with Clyde.

My sentiments exactly neeb , let’s us get in with preparing for season ahead instead of waiting to see if he gets a full time gig , wish him all the best as played some good football and got us promoted but onwards and upwards we go 

Mon Kelty 

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

The problem for clubs like Kelty (and also lets face it for most clubs at this level - with the possible exception of the Bairns and Pars) is that young aspiring and presumably talented managers will always see them as a stepping stone when the opportunity arises ... c'est la vie!

I have nothing against managers being ambitious and wanting to move up the ladder.

There's a way to conduct yourself though and I feel Thomson has made himself look like a bit of a prat by showing a bit of leg to any full-time club that briefly looks in his direction.