New SPFL sponsor

f**k it, teach these c***s the lesson they arent bigger than Scottish football.

If they refuse to advertise the league sponsor, they can forget about picking up points in the cinch Premiership.

A 2-0 win and 3pts to each of their opponents until they back the f**k down.

*i know, i know, sporting integrity, etc, etc, but f**k Rangers Football Club.

Wee Dougie's petulance knows no bounds it seems. First this which is nothing other than a bruised ego, then banning opposition fans (well domestic ones), jorno's and pundits who say anything critical.

It seems to have spread, I was in Park's BMW dealership earlier today and remarked that I prefered the Merc C Class styling and fuel economy to the 3 Series, two goons showed up, accused me of being a security risk and frog marched me out the door without a nespresso or any talk of APR.

For a club who sing among all the religious bile they don't care what other people say/think, they appear to have a wafer thin skin.

That’s one of the strangest suggestions I’ve seen.

Why set up at an empty Celtic Park - and be charged by Celtic for the privilege - when they can just use a normal off-site studio? 

Not that they should have to, of course. But if they are considering avoiding Ibrox then being at a different stadium that’s not even being used that day wouldn’t even make the list of alternative options.

12 minutes ago, The Master said:

Why set up at an empty Celtic Park - and be charged by Celtic for the privilege - when they can just use a normal off-site studio? 

Not that they should have to, of course. But if they are considering avoiding Ibrox then being at a different stadium that’s not even being used that day wouldn’t even make the list of alternative options.

Or, you know, just use a studio. 

15 minutes ago, The Master said:

Maybe it's contractual. BT might already have paid UEFA for the right to use one or other's team's studio facilities as part of the broadcasting rights for these games so they might as well make use of it, and if Rangers are being dicks about letting broadcasters in, they can just go to Celtic and let UEFA pass on the cash to to them instead, as retaliation.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Or, you know, just use a studio. 

Which is what I said.

12 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Maybe it's contractual. BT might already have paid UEFA for the right to use one or other's team's studio facilities as part of the broadcasting rights for these games so they might as well make use of it, and if Rangers are being dicks about letting broadcasters in, they can just go to Celtic and let UEFA pass on the cash to to them instead, as retaliation.

Clubs don’t get any money for providing studio facilities. It’s a contractual requirement of hosting games - a studio must be available for the domestic rights holder (in this case, BT). 

But this only applies when a game is actually taking place at the ground in question. Celtic would be free to charge BT whatever they wanted for the hire of space. At which point, BT would be as well going to the BBC or STV - assuming all their own studios in London are in use for other games. 

Edited by The Master

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Which is what I said.

Clubs don’t get any money for providing studio facilities. It’s a contractual requirement of hosting games - a studio must be available for the domestic rights holder (in this case, BT).

So this is Rangers apparently breaching another contract they have with tournament organizers? They're on a roll.

Just now, Aim Here said:

So this is Rangers apparently breaching another contract they have with tournament organizers? They're on a roll.

Not in terms of the studio - that was provided.

The issue is around whether or not they had the right to deny access to Lennon and Sutton. UEFA control the media access to the stadium, not the club.

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Europa-League-2021/22/Article-76-Media-access-Online

Just now, The Master said:

Not in terms of the studio - that was provided.

The issue is around whether or not they had the right to deny access to Lennon and Sutton. UEFA control the media access to the stadium, not the club.

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Europa-League-2021/22/Article-76-Media-access-Online

Assuming UEFA wasn't in on this (and this was likely a ploy to give the knuckledraggers less excuse to sing songs that Rangers didn't want UEFA to hear, so probably they weren't), that does look awfully like Rangers have a case to answer as far as breaching tournament rules.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

They would be using the same studio the week/2 weeks before at Parkhead for Celtics home game, why go through the trouble of moving somewhere else?

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

They would be using the same studio the week/2 weeks before at Parkhead for Celtics home game, why go through the trouble of moving somewhere else?

Because it would be f**king ridiculous to present a football game from a completely different stadium that isn’t due to be hosting a game. 

They also wouldn’t be “moving” anywhere. They would be using a fixed studio in a complex somewhere.

50 minutes ago, The Master said:

Because it would be f**king ridiculous to present a football game from a completely different stadium that isn’t due to be hosting a game. 

They also wouldn’t be “moving” anywhere. They would be using a fixed studio in a complex somewhere.

They evidently don't have a fixed studio in Scotland as shown with Stan Petrov kicking about in a backroom office on Thursday.   

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

They evidently don't have a fixed studio in Scotland as shown with Stan Petrov kicking about in a backroom office on Thursday.   

I didn’t say they needed a fixed studio in Scotland. They could hire a studio from the BBC or STV, or simply use their London studios.

But using a studio at an empty football ground that isn’t hosting a game isn’t going to happen. 

53 minutes ago, The Master said:

I didn’t say they needed a fixed studio in Scotland. They could hire a studio from the BBC or STV, or simply use their London studios.

But using a studio at an empty football ground that isn’t hosting a game isn’t going to happen. 

Or they could use the same studio they used the week before when covering a team they will be covering the same but away from home?

Why use the BBC or STV studio when they will be familiar with the studio they use at Celtic Park when they cover similar European matches there?

Surely this is the intention? They want it to look "fucking ridiculous" to drive home the point to Rangers.