New SPFL sponsor

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It was obvious it was all about Parks from the start.

I had my doubts given there were no indicators that Parks have a sponsorship deal with Rangers. I thought it was going to be with Tomket Tires in all honesty given they were one of our most recent sponsors and operate in the automotive industry. I bow down to your superior deductive reasoning skills, however.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I had my doubts given there were no indicators that Parks have a sponsorship deal with Rangers. I thought it was going to be with Tomket Tires in all honesty given they were one of our most recent sponsors and operate in the automotive industry. I bow down to your superior deductive reasoning skills, however.

No problem. Nice to see some humility online.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No problem. Nice to see some humility online.

I gave you my reasons as to why I had doubts Parks was involved. Whether you agree or not, you’re coming across as very patronising here. Have a good night.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Parks have about 50 car dealerships in Scotland. They're a pretty big. It absolutely dwarfs their bus rental division. They're a direct competitor of Cinch.

Genuinely didnt know that til about 10 mins ago. Every days a school day and all that.

Although, fucking twat that I am, started looking through their website and was thinking that a lot of their dealerships are in this Donald Park area. Must be some size of industrial estate that. 

Never a surer sign that its time for bed fs haha.

Does any of this really matter?

If Rangers win or lose their case surely the ultimate decision will come from Cinch anyway. If they are not getting to advertise with Rangers then surely they will walk away. Can you imagine they will accept that the league winners (Rangers are favourites at this time) do not have their logo anywhere to be seen on the day they win the league.

What would be the point of their investment?

If it wasn’t for Rangers kicking up a stink would you even know (or care) who the league sponsors were?

cinch are getting plenty of publicity here. I am sure if Rangers win then cinch will walk away as there is no point if one of the 2 biggest clubs aren’t advertising what your paying for.

Whoever replaces Doncaster will have a tough time finding another sponsor. He will have to go and I’m sure we will still be on the hook for the £500k to the agency that brokered the cinch deal and maybe any break clause in the contract.

The spfl can’t afford to lose this case. I don’t think they will, not because I have any confidence in Doncaster etc but Rangers don’t have a great track record with contracts.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Couldn't they just not pay Sevco any of the dosh they'd be getting from the sponsorship money, and reduce the amount Cinch is giving by that amount?

cinch would have to agree to that - maybe to them, a half-fulfilled contract isn't what they want (just as if you buy a pair of shoes and one is defective, the shop can't just offer you a refund for the shoe whose heel fell off and make you keep the one good shoe!). And even if they're okay with it, the SPFL would want to be seen to be giving their sponsors what they signed up for. Future prospective sponsors don't want to have to worry that the SPFL aren't able to deliver what they originally promised in their contract.

Edited by Aim Here

45 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Does any of this really matter?

If Rangers win or lose their case surely the ultimate decision will come from Cinch anyway. If they are not getting to advertise with Rangers then surely they will walk away. Can you imagine they will accept that the league winners (Rangers are favourites at this time) do not have their logo anywhere to be seen on the day they win the league.

What would be the point of their investment?

You'd think that presiding over a sponsorship deal that lasted less time than *insert fading EPL hubris transfer* would see the board resign.

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

cinch would have to agree to that - maybe to them, a half-fulfilled contract isn't what they want (just as if you buy a pair of shoes and one is defective, the shop can't just offer you a refund for the shoe whose heel fell off and make you keep the one good shoe!). And even if they're okay with it, the SPFL would want to be seen to be giving their sponsors what they signed up for. Future prospective sponsors don't want to have to worry that the SPFL aren't able to deliver what they originally promised in their contract.

It would still be on all opposition teams strips playing against Sevco, the graphics on televised games would have the logo, Cinch SPFL Premiership etc, and as has been mentioned, the massive publicity surrounding this debacle, giving them more prominence than they'd have had if Sevco had just complied with the advertising of Cinch.

I'd also expect the SPFL to be making sure this kind of thing couldn't happen in future deals, and will have iron clad rules for all member clubs to sign off on sponsorship, making sure there was no loopholes.