New SPFL sponsor

Here’s a flip scenario.

Before the season Rangers are notified by the SPFL that they won’t be allowed to play at Ibrox this season due to existing concerns.

Rangers go okay, let us know and we'll get it sorted. Nothing happens.

The SPFL then refuse to allow games to take place at Ibrox without telling Rangers what the existing concern is. 

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The SFA in theory just facilitate an arbitration I believe. The judgement will be independent. 

It often gets reported that the SFA are the arbiters when that’s clearly not the case. 

It IS an SFA arbitration, in that it's done using their rulebook and on their terms - the judges interpreting the rulebook are independents, though.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

How does it work Joey? I can't be bothered looking it up and had assumed from how it was reported it was a binding arbitration. Is it more of a mediation? 

It's the same as the Hearts/Thistle thing last year. The SFA, in conjunction with the clubs involved, appoint an independent panel, who make a binding decision. The SFA have no say whatsoever in the decision. 

I hear that the release date of FIFA 22 has been pushed back, initially it was down to being unsure where Messi would end up but recently EA have been rocked by this sponsorship row and are delaying launch until it's resolved.

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

I hope that the arbitration proceedings and evidence are published. Transparency is essential here and any party pushing for confidentiality clearly has something to hide. 

Fairly sure arbitration evidence isn't published. 

Not sure why it's essential either. If you don't believe the judgement passed by 3 independent, professional, fully qualified legal experts what difference does it make publishing the evidence? You still won't believe it.

I feel terrible about this whole situation. Poor Cinch. Poor Doncaster, my heart is bleeding for the suffering we have heaped on all of you genuine football fans on here. We all love this game, the sport is beautiful and Rangers are ruining all of this with our refusal to wear a brand name on the sleeve of our jersey. I hope those playing in Europe this week can still enjoy their games. 
Malmö certainly did.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Fairly sure arbitration evidence isn't published. 

Not sure why it's essential either. If you don't believe the judgement passed by 3 independent, professional, fully qualified legal experts what difference does it make publishing the evidence? You still won't believe it.

Why wouldn't i believe evidence? 

Obviously transparency's not technically essential, but if they want fans, other clubs, other sponsors to believe that justice has been done then as much should be public domain as possible. Otherwise there will be a significant number of people that believe that either Rangers have been wronged or that Rangers operate under different rules. 

18 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It's the same as the Hearts/Thistle thing last year. The SFA, in conjunction with the clubs involved, appoint an independent panel, who make a binding decision. The SFA have no say whatsoever in the decision. 

As I remember it each party selects a panel member from the SFA list and they in turn have to agree on a third.

You can't just release a bunch of commercially sensitive information purely on the basis of "but fans want to know".

You absolutely right but you’d think the commercial contract that’s causing the issue is a sponsorship deal and the company would want that to be public knowledge, it’s kind of what sponsorship is all about.

49 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I see cockwobble is  back to “the prize money may not be able to be payed out” …where have we heard that before!

Was it when Hearts, Partick and Stranraer all got relegated at the end of a season as objectively the worst team in their division? 

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I see cockwobble is  back to “the prize money may not be able to be payed out” …where have we heard that before!

He's probably on to something if cinch decided to go home and take their money with them on account of their sponsorship requirements not being met.