New SPFL sponsor

I wonder if the timing of this has anything to do with the independent review of the SPFL’s corporate governance policies that was said to commence in October after the SPFL admitted they were wrong in the dispute with Rangers.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

I wonder if the timing of this has anything to do with the independent review of the SPFL’s corporate governance policies that was said to commence in October after the SPFL admitted they were wrong in the dispute with Rangers.

I don't remember them admitting they were wrong? Maybe I'm wrong?

39 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don't remember them admitting they were wrong? Maybe I'm wrong?

You may be right. Though an apology, withdrawal from arbitration paying our legal costs in full, Rangers position of not displaying cinch branded signage continuing and the promise to carry out an independent review into their own policies and governance is pretty much an admission that they fucked it up.

Edited by AJF

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

You may be right. Though an apology, withdrawal from arbitration paying our legal costs in full, Rangers position of not displaying cinch branded signage continuing and the promise to carry out an independent review into their own policies and governance is pretty much an admission that they fucked it up.

Not legally.

You'd imagine the it would be pro rata so for 60% of the agreed funds 3 years ago, the finders fee Doncaster paid still stays at £500k or whatever it was, so that £100k that was absorbed every year is now £165k in reality taken away from the game.

Colossal mismanagement, why they employed an intermediary is an eye opener, why it was for so much money is mind boggling.

Just now, Kapowzer said:

You'd imagine the it would be pro rata so for 60% of the agreed funds 3 years ago, the finders fee Doncaster paid still stays at £500k or whatever it was, so that £100k that was absorbed every year is now £165k in reality taken away from the game.

Colossal mismanagement, why they employed an intermediary is an eye opener, why it was for so much money is mind boggling.

Very strange that a finders fee had to be paid when Murdoch Maclennan and Cinch executive Robert Bridge already were already well acquainted. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cinch-executive-worked-for-scots-football-chairman-zprqvmfw8