G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

10 hours ago, Biscuits said:

No idea why Rogers brought on carter vickers.  He’s been out for weeks - why put him back into such an important game?

The commentary team on the radio seemed to think it was a sensible move. Turned out they were right...

I thought our performance was really good last night, for all his critics Scales was outstanding, calm and composed on ball, defended well and was always on for a pass. Top marks from me. Just an uncharacteristic lack of concentration from CCV at the end seen Lazio snatch the victory as we were the team most likely to score. 
We should move on with confidence from that. 

On 02/10/2023 at 22:47, Jinky67 said:

As one of those said mouthy wanks I’ll make sure to doubly enjoy when the Champions League music hits from my seat on Wednesday night. In fact I may blast it on my way through Motherwell on my way to the game in the hope you may catch a note or 2

Kind regards

Glory Hunting Mouthy w**k from Wishy

Lol

Edited by RuMoore

21 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I thought our performance was really good last night, for all his critics Scales was outstanding, calm and composed on ball, defended well and was always on for a pass. Top marks from me. Just an uncharacteristic lack of concentration from CCV at the end seen Lazio snatch the victory as we were the team most likely to score. 
We should move on with confidence from that. 

Agree I thought Scales was good can only assume the decision to bring CCV was that Phillips only had 60 mins in him but that’s the difference at this level, they didn’t have many chances but they were clinical but also very beatable.

We played well in parts however I thought Hatate again was off it

Edited by Jinky67

It's the hope that kills you Celtic fans. Really should've just tried that wee bit harder.

Two dullings against Atleti incoming while simultaneously hoping Lazio pick up full points against Feyenoord thus preserving some tiny sliver of hope that you can still get 3rd in the group. Inevitably lose in Rome, maybe Atleti will win in Rotterdam and set up a mouthwatering European night at 'fortress Parkhead' home of 'the greatest atmosphere in all of Europe'. 

Celtic 0-3 Feyenoord

11 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It's the hope that kills you Celtic fans. Really should've just tried that wee bit harder.

Two dullings against Atleti incoming while simultaneously hoping Lazio pick up full points against Feyenoord thus preserving some tiny sliver of hope that you can still get 3rd in the group. Inevitably lose in Rome, maybe Atleti will win in Rotterdam and set up a mouthwatering European night at 'fortress Parkhead' home of 'the greatest atmosphere in all of Europe'. 

Celtic 0-3 Feyenoord

Why so negative ? They played well, there are positives , they're bouncing about in their High Chair at the top table of European football while simultaneously being laughed at and patronised by the big clubs. And they suffer predictable defeat after predictable defeat. It's a perfect mirror image of how things are for them domestically. It will teach them humility and respect for those they call 'the diddies' as they are the diddies of Europe..........or something like that.    Can I have an amusing wee cartoon gif now, please ?

50 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Why so negative ? They played well, there are positives , they're bouncing about in their High Chair at the top table of European football while simultaneously being laughed at and patronised by the big clubs. And they suffer predictable defeat after predictable defeat. It's a perfect mirror image of how things are for them domestically. It will teach them humility and respect for those they call 'the diddies' as they are the diddies of Europe..........or something like that.    Can I have an amusing wee cartoon gif now, please ?

The high chair analogy is quite a good one. 

'Here comes the big aeroplane' as they are spoonfed another defeat. 

'Come on you are doing really well, just one more mouthful' as teams tell them how great the atmosphere is at Parkhead.

2 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

I thought our performance was really good last night, for all his critics Scales was outstanding, calm and composed on ball, defended well and was always on for a pass. Top marks from me.

I thought Scales was good defensively but very poor with the ball when trying to advance the play. In a game where Celtic had a good chance to win, he's definitely someone you'll need to improve on if you're going to take advantage of these winnable games

2 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Glad you had such an enjoyable evening! 

Never take these experiences for granted and my boy was getting the chance to wave the big Champions League parachute thingy at the start of the game which was kinda cool and he was of course buzzing about 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Never take these experiences for granted and my boy was getting the chance to wave the big Champions League parachute thingy at the start of the game which was kinda cool and he was of course buzzing about 

The last decade has killed the ****, literally and figuratively, content playing opposition from Cyprus and adopting a diddy mentality towards us about it while we’re coining it in playing against the top teams in Europe. The Espanyolification of rangers is complete. 

3 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Glad you had such an enjoyable evening! 

Is it cold in our shadow?