Scots on the move

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Aston Villa linked with Kieran Tierney.

It's only 6-Jun, are we doing this already? I'm debating whether to keep a record of all the rumours and we can have a chuckle at them all at the end of the summer. Hopefully we can get a few more McTominay to Bayern, Robertson to Real Madrid and McGinn to Manchester Utd type rumours.

Aberdeen fans seem to think they should be going for Stuart Armstrong and/or Scott McKenna. 🤭

Spoiler

image.png.f742f0e91e0d19e65f9799bd09575ab6.png

Edited by 2426255

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

It's only 6-Jun, are we doing this already? I'm debating whether to keep a record of all the rumours and we can have a chuckle at them all at the end of the summer. Hopefully we can get a few more McTominay to Bayern, Robertson to Real Madrid and McGinn to Manchester Utd type rumours.

Aberdeen fans seem to think they should be going for Stuart Armstrong and/or Scott McKenna. 🤭

Reveal hidden contents

Sure, why not.

There's threads dating 5 days on this first page so it's not exactly mega traffic. ;)

I suppose I could edit my posts. It's no big deal. :)

Edited by SlayerX

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He's done at Liverpool unless he is the Cafu of League 1 in his year with Wigan. He'll be 21 when he goes back there and I don't really see a road back towards the first time at that stage. Best case scenario is that he has a really good season and ends up in the Championship or at a push the bottom end of the Premier League the following year, either on loan again or permanently.

I agree that those are the overwhelmingly likely best case scenarios.

On 06/06/2024 at 17:05, 2426255 said:

Hide contents

I thought Robertson was going to Bayern

Ryan Fraser to Join Southampton permanently. (Not really relevant as his Scotland career is over)

Lewis Fiorini to Join Stockport permanently from Man City.

Cieran Slicker being considered by Hibs and St Johnstone for a loan move.

Rangers and Celtic both interested in Tommy Conway, but only on a Bosman. (Typical. They'll spend tens of millions on foreigners, but won't shell a penny on Scottish players, even if they're of the same (or less) quality.

Scott McKenna, who is available on a free, would consider joining either half of the Old Firm.

Tierney interesting Fulham.

Apparently, Rangers are closing in on Connor Barron.

Edited by SlayerX

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Banks has joined St Pauli. They must have been impressed to have signed him despite him being injured all season, and them getting promoted.

Interesting to see what moves, if any, happen for Marc Leonard, Kieran Bowie, Andy Irving, Josh Adam and Dire Medube

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

Scott Banks has joined St Pauli. They must have been impressed to have signed him despite him being injured all season, and them getting promoted.

Interesting to see what moves, if any, happen for Marc Leonard, Kieran Bowie, Andy Irving, Josh Adam and Dire Medube

I saw that. Bundesliga as well. Hope he has a great season there.

Not a transfer of clubs, but a transfer of nationalities.

Another eligible:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13058381/premier-league-scotland-george-hirst-celtic-rodgers/

A striker who has scored 7 goals in 4 seasons in the English Championship.

His dad was fantastic, but his son doesn't sound quite as appealing...

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

Another eligible:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13058381/premier-league-scotland-george-hirst-celtic-rodgers/

Looks interesting. We don’t have any young Scottish strikers of note coming through, so makes sense to look at eligible English ones who could be interested. 

13 hours ago, Chripper said:

Another eligible:

He hasn't spent the last 4 seasons in the Championship??

He was injured for a large chunk of last season.

He would be an asset for Scotland.

Edited by Highlandmagar

Speaking of young Scottish strikers:

Former Rangers youth striker Robbie Ure (20 year old) has been giving a 3 year contract at Anderlecht after scoring 2 goals in 2 matches in pre-season.

Could be a big season for him.

Inter Milan apparently interested in Aston Villa's 18 year old striker Rory Wilson:

https://www.givemesport.com/aston-villa-inter-milan-rb-leipzig-rory-wilson/

Man Utd have signed 15 year old Scottish striker Camron Mpofu from Reading born in Kirkcaldy. 

Birmingham leading the race for Marc Leonard. 

Lewis Fiorini signs for Stockport.

Edited by Chripper

6 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Speaking of young Scottish strikers:

Former Rangers youth striker Robbie Ure (20 year old) has been giving a 3 year contract at Anderlecht after scoring 2 goals in 2 matches in pre-season.

Could be a big season for him.

Anderlecht are known to produce and develop good young players so hopefully he can progress well there as we are desperate for forward players!

3 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Anderlecht are known to produce and develop good young players so hopefully he can progress well there as we are desperate for forward players!

17 games and 5 goals for the RSCA Futures (Anderlecht B-team who play in the second tier of Belgian football) last year suggests a decent bit of progression. You can see why he went there - if he had stayed at Rangers what experience would he have gained over the same time period?