Love Island 2021

Surprised Abi went, she was definitely more in with the rest of the girls than Mary.  Also, what to heck was Faye's voice all about when she was talking to the new lassie.

Dale must have been about 1/1,000,000 on to be dumped from the villa.

Your guaranteed when the Islanders have to pick they are just going to choose the OG’s or their pals or their pals partners. 

It makes the public vote utterly pointless. 

Imagine, if the producers told them there was an envelope they had to pick and that person was then eliminated. No clue on who’s in the envelope.

The chaos would be unbelievable.

Last night was one of those occasions when it felt like the entire episode was almost scripted. Loads of air time for the arseholes (Faye and Jake); it's almost as if the producers have pulled them and had a word in their lugs saying "you're getting absolutely flamed on socials because of your behaviour, so here's what you need to say/do to get back in the publics good books".

The last time it came across as remotely similar that I can remember was when Amy left the villa a couple of years ago. Complete meltdown one night, rehearsed speech the following day. 

Aye, everyone going nuts on Twitter etc saying there should be Counsellors etc, but there clearly are behind the scenes, they just keep it hidden, unlike for example Big Brother.
As you say, a couple if massive climbdowns.

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Aye, everyone going nuts on Twitter etc saying there should be Counsellors etc, but there clearly are behind the scenes, they just keep it hidden, unlike for example Big Brother.
As you say, a couple if massive climbdowns.

Aye in Big Brother the whole point was no contact with the outside world, apart from Davina McCall on the Friday night.  This show is scripted to fuck.  It's turning into TOWIE/MIC with the scene setups.  Anyone in the Villa can go up to anyone else can say 'Can we go for a chat?' and without hesitation they say yes.  They've clearly been told to.

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye in Big Brother the whole point was no contact with the outside world, apart from Davina McCall on the Friday night.  This show is scripted to f**k.  It's turning into TOWIE/MIC with the scene setups.  Anyone in the Villa can go up to anyone else can say 'Can we go for a chat?' and without hesitation they say yes.  They've clearly been told to.

Of course it is -

1 - Where in the real world do you ever see boy/girl asking each other if they’d like to “Go for a chat?”

What a hideous question to even utter. You normally would just find yourselves chatting or shouting at each other over the music in a pub/club without asking that awful question. 

2 - Where in the real world do you ever see a guy jumping around all giddy or even uttering the words “I’ve asked her to be my girlfriend!” and the mates in turn jumping around diving on him equally giddy and celebrating?!

In the real world it’s a case of “Oh right” and raising a glass to a fallen comrade.

Edited by 8MileBU

Of course it is -
1 - Where in the real world do you ever see boy/girl asking each other if they’d like to “Go for a chat?”
What a hideous question to even utter. You normally would just find yourselves chatting or shouting at each other over the music in a pub/club without asking that awful question. 
2 - Where in the real world do you ever see a guy jumping around all giddy or even uttering the words “I’ve asked her to be my girlfriend!” and the mates in turn jumping around diving on him equally giddy and celebrating?!
In the real world it’s a case of “Oh right” and raising a glass to a fallen comrade.

Aye, but it’s class telly.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye in Big Brother the whole point was no contact with the outside world, apart from Davina McCall on the Friday night.  This show is scripted to f**k.  It's turning into TOWIE/MIC with the scene setups.  Anyone in the Villa can go up to anyone else can say 'Can we go for a chat?' and without hesitation they say yes.  They've clearly been told to.

It’s been TOWIE/MIC for years, the glass shattering moment that made me stop watching is when that Megan a couple of years ago said they re-recording scenes with her kissing someone on a date.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I can confidently predict that Jake's speech to Liberty in the final, dressed up in his tuxedo, will be one of the worst things ever aired on British television. 

He's 100% sitting on saying "oi lurv yoo liberehh" like one of the Wurzels in a cheap suit.

9 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

The way faye was wording her apology and the realisation that she's a fucking lunatic screams producer intervention 

Yeah it was so blatantly scripted it was unreal. Absolutely no chance that type of of emotional abuser has a sudden epiphany overnight (after being a seething mess for 3 days) that she was actually entirely wrong and then apologises. Producers have warned her that if she doesn’t do something she’s in for an extreme public backlash when she comes out.

She also basically said she will do it again in future because that’s what she’s like ffs.

10 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I can confidently predict that Jake's speech to Liberty in the final, dressed up in his tuxedo, will be one of the worst things ever aired on British television. 

I will absolutely not be watching the last 3 or 4 nights of it. I'm here for morons like Toby being unintentionally funny, lunatics like Faye going off the rails, and good old fashioned sly, back-stabbing scumbaggery and it's inevitable fall-out. Cringey romance has no place in Love Island, IMO.