2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think with the Clach keeper being  man of match with a string of great saves,  it was a fairly comfortable win for us. 

Quite a few of our more experienced players are just coming back from long term injuries and time out as well . That was McHattie's first full 90 minutes and he certainly looked the business. 

As you say though , Clach's back lot battled their hearts out and if their midfield had a bit more composure might have troubled our back lot a bit more , especially Davo who loves to stroll about . 

I don't know about comfortable at 1-0 and with Clach having chances at the end! Should have been comfortable with all the ball you had. Agree about Davidson, was his mistake that set up one of those chances. 

Good support from Brechin. Supporters enjoying the different  grounds, despite the disappointment of relegation? 

46 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I don't know about comfortable at 1-0 and with Clach having chances at the end! Should have been comfortable with all the ball you had. Agree about Davidson, was his mistake that set up one of those chances. 

Good support from Brechin. Supporters enjoying the different  grounds, despite the disappointment of relegation? 

Aye you could be right . Have to start finishing teams off.

We have actually played a lot worse than that and won by more. It's a strange game at times.

I think we are all enjoying not only the different grounds but the friendlier atmosphere . Certainly beats the hostility at places like Cowden . :lol:

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yup, was surprised they were nearly evens, Formartine aren't the team they were.

They were a bit stuffy for the first 20 minutes but when we scored their  heads went down. Second half they just caved in completely . 

Clach looked the more promising side out of the two if we were to compare.

Edited by theoriginalhedge

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Snap!

one.jpg.42a9a422852138839f0b57eadcb2ac74.jpg

Solid. Was at Inverurie and they should have won by 4 or 5 but for wasteful finishing, however didn't kill them off and Huntly had one half chance right at the end. They wouldn't have deserved it though, one of the worst exponents of go-long hoofball I've seen.

Five quid for a pie and a coffee up there though, eh?

1 minute ago, Scorge said:

Cheeky c***s, £3.50 at Clach I think. Strathspey defended well and the keeper was good, otherwise it could easily have been 5 or more. Our keeper could have sat munching a pie and drinking a coffee without being disturbed.

3 hours ago, Scorge said:

Was at Inverurie 

Locos catering has long been the source of amusement and boycott by most in the Highland League. The boy running the van must be laughing at the prospect of new teams getting into the league. 

On 14/11/2021 at 10:43, Scorge said:

Solid. Was at Inverurie and they should have won by 4 or 5 but for wasteful finishing, however didn't kill them off and Huntly had one half chance right at the end. They wouldn't have deserved it though, one of the worst exponents of go-long hoofball I've seen.

Not to mention the first, and hopefully the last, time I've ever heard the words "we don't do Bovril" at a game. 😱 Shudder to think how much it would have set me back if they did.

That said, an otherwise good set up and nice wee club shop.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Scum. Should be part of the licencing criteria

Free Bovril at every ground. Good idea!

Anyone-else got any good ideas for Licence Criteria which will never happen?

Maybe compulsory free entry for OAPs and or kids? Must have more covered seats than will ever be needed? No politicians allowed to have photos taken with winning sides or to present Cups etc?

On 16/11/2021 at 14:31, Dev said:

Free Bovril at every ground. Good idea!

Anyone-else got any good ideas for Licence Criteria which will never happen?

Maybe compulsory free entry for OAPs and or kids? Must have more covered seats than will ever be needed? No politicians allowed to have photos taken with winning sides or to present Cups etc?

Free entry for OAPs would finish off the Highland League in one stroke, never mind the extra pound for the stand. Charge them double imo.

23 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
That's Vale 10 nil up so far versus Fort William.. :1eye

Hat trick for trialist which isn't something you see every day.

Surprised it's allowed this far into the season.