Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

9 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Top decision by Southgate to bring on Rashford and Sancho.

This is in my head now:

"Why should I, the England manager, let you, who hasn't played in the rest of this final, take one of the first five kicks in this country's most important penalty shootout?"

9ee8af0f-818c-4990-80fc-50d1289dc90a_text.gif.2a301b22e08c048d9d3a6f70afb84d62.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Anyone else enjoy the perplexing Jack Grealish wankathon? Every game, the camera was cutting to him on the bench, in a kind of 'here comes the god of football to win the game" way. The guy is tidy as feck on the ball, but apart from an assist Vs Germany, he was totally ineffective.

Feel sorry for Marcus Rashford and Saka missing those pens, only because I would have ejaculated to greater heights if it had been Grealish who missed in their place.
He is a Poundland Beckham - nowhere as good as they think he is.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Anyone else enjoy the perplexing Jack Grealish wankathon? Every game, the camera was cutting to him on the bench, in a kind of 'here comes the god of football to win the game" way. The guy is tidy as feck on the ball, but apart from an assist Vs Germany, he was totally ineffective.

Indeed.  When the tournament started I was chatting to an English guy I work with, and he was saying how he had next to no interest in football but he was going to make an effort to watch the games and look out for this new wonder kid that all his pals had been raving to him about, who was pretty much going to win it singlehandedly for England.  Eventually I figured out he was talking about Grealish..... 

2 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Amusing how Rashford, who is an elite-level professional footballer, has achieved more in politics than that freakshow Grimes ever will despite the fact he devotes his life to it. 

Imagine getting in from a final and then having to scrub face paint off nothing would look more ridiculous for a grown man to be doing before he can get into his pit.

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I did actually thanks mate. Had a fucking great night, and will remember it for years x

OK, Im sorry .. if this was a night you will "remember it for years" the, well, maybe get a girlfriend? You really are setting the bar very low as to lifelong memories.

But, fair play, pump yourself up .. 

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Right enough! Nesta is in there as well.

I'd rank it:

1. Maldini

2. Baresi

3. Nesta

4. Chiellini

5. Costacurta

6. Cannavaro 

I don't think any other nations defenders make the top 3, possibly 4 IMO.

Franz Beckenbauer