Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

On 09/07/2021 at 00:57, SoloXI said:

As I said to the other confused poster before, I dont think you understand how bookies work.

Trust me, bet365 will be utterly delighted if England lose 

Wrong again m8.

Screenshot_20210710-091435_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d71ecf9bb5756d1aa632dc203da7bff5.jpg

Maybe stop telling people who have actually worked in the industry, how it works, when it's increasingly obvious you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

59 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Wrong again m8.

Screenshot_20210710-091435_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d71ecf9bb5756d1aa632dc203da7bff5.jpg

Maybe stop telling people who have actually worked in the industry, how it works, when it's increasingly obvious you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I touched a nerve it seems.

Forgive me if I dont believe every word a bookie says.

You still waiting for the Friday delivery of coupons off the overnight train from London??

14 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

I touched a nerve it seems.

Forgive me if I dont believe every word a bookie says.

You still waiting for the Friday delivery of coupons off the overnight train from London??

Genuinely embarrassed for you here m8.

Better luck next time.

57 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Genuinely embarrassed for you here m8.

Better luck next time.

Frank The Bookie Insider : "Ah yes, how could I forget the famous bookies printing press, located on the left hand side as you walk through the door of every high street bookmakers."

Reality : they are smaller than a microwave sitting on the counter

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have they really exceeded expectations? I had them as favourites for the group.

The Italy game is genuinely the first game I expect them to lose.

I think getting past Germany was probably the tipping point as to expectations. Of course, getting bummed by either Ukraine or Denmark would have then negated that a bit.

But, yeah, to reach the final will be seen as a massive achievement Im sure .. however disappointing losing the final might be seen as.

And, agree, Italy should be favourites for this. Even just comparing goalkeepers .. Pickford is well overdue an absolute howler.

11 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

Frank The Bookie Insider : "Ah yes, how could I forget the famous bookies printing press, located on the left hand side as you walk through the door of every high street bookmakers."

Reality : they are smaller than a microwave sitting on the counter

High street bookmakers get hundreds of coupons delivered 3 times a week.

I know this because a) I used to work in the industry and b) I visit shops and still speak to people in the industry.

I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but the coupon fairy doesn't print them on a microwave in the middle of the night for the staff.

25 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

I know this because a) I used to work in the industry and b) I visit shops and still speak to people in the industry.

I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but the coupon fairy doesn't print them on a microwave in the middle of the night for the staff.

Especially amusing was not just your incredibility that printers can be the size of microwaves, nor that these mythical machines would be operated by coupon fairies (as the concept is that far out) ... but the assumption that the coupon fairies would need to work through the night to be able to print out the coupons.

When did you "work in the industry"? 1864? 

Edited by SoloXI

37 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Actually, Ive realised what must have happened when you started to "work in the industry"  :

Guy 1 : "Weve got this new guy called Frank starting today .. he seems an absolute fud. Lets prank him .. make out that the coupons are really valuable and we can only get them by special delivery from the overnight train from London .. once a week"

Guy 2 : "Ah, come one, no one is that stupid to believe that"

Guy 1 : "Wait till you meet Frank."

Four years later and no one has had the heart to break it to Frank that they were messing with him.

Frank : "Can you phone London and ask the typesetters to print out some more coupons for the train on Friday"

Guy 2 : "Err, yeah, sure thing Frank .. I'll phone London up right now" (*pushes print on the small printer*)

7 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

Especially amusing was not just your incredibility that printers can be the size of microwaves, nor that these mythical machines would be operated by coupon fairies (as the concept is that far out) ... but the assumption that the coupon fairies would need to work through the night to be able to print out the coupons.

When did you "work in the industry"? 1864? 

A word salad to deflect from the fact you've made a rip roaring c**t of yourself here.

But, by all means carry on.

On 09/07/2021 at 11:47, Ya Bezzer! said:

Obviously I'm a relic for an age long ago of unacceptable brutality and toxic masculinity but can someone just plant a knee right into Sterling's femur in minute 1 of this final?

You do that and England pretty much have nothing outside of gonk headers from Maguire at set pieces.

You'd like to think they're playing against the one team that will do whatever it takes to get the job done.  Italy are more than capable of setting out with the plan of players taking turns to put a bad foul on England's key players to rough them up a bit.

Might even be worth using up a sub. Start a bench player who's only job is to end the game for Kane, Sterling or Maguire for his set piece threat in the first 5 minutes and take a booking,then sub him a minute later.  Bit of a gamble, but hopefully no ref would want to ruin a final by sending a player off in the first minute, just wouldn't be cricket.

Normally I despise such tactics, but in these more enlightened times it's important to be welcoming of foreign cultures and habits.