Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Just now, SANTAN said:

Yeah that's my fear, if we had Saka or Sancho in there I'd be less worried, I can't imagine the Italians will just forget about Sterling or not have a tactic for him so I'm really hoping this isn't the line up or we have something up our sleeves because if not that line up looks like, starve the game of oxygen then bring on creative subs if we've not conceded.

That line-up is acceptance Italy are a better team and setting up not to conceded. Which is sensible enough.

Sit back and then try and nick one from a set piece after a ‘arry Kane dive. 
Nah I think they'll go for the intricate pass the ball to Sterling and let him run into people and fall over. It's a solid tactic that worked last round.

Back 5 with 2 holding midfielders?! Holy f**k. I know they plan on hitting fast on the counter, but Chiellini and Bonucci aren't exactly known for their foraging runs into the opposition half and then suddenly getting caught out.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Why is the England line up out so early?

Also Southgate is a shitebag 5 at the back with 2 holding midfielders.

Imagine supporting a Steve Clarke managed side and calling anyone else a shitebag defensive manager

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit sad?

Reinforces why I’m glad I support a diddy team. A goal probably feels as good as a win for the better teams. Not being absolutely buzzing to be in a tournament final is inconceivable to me.

You’ve misunderstood. They are buzzing but they keep it low key rather than launching into jingoistic nonsense or queuing to get into pubs from 10am like the galoots are. If they win, I’ll tape the cars constantly peeping all night afterwards to prove it if you like.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Back 5 with 2 holding midfielders?! Holy f**k. I know they plan on hitting fast on the counter, but Chiellini and Bonucci aren't exactly known for their foraging runs into the opposition half and then suddenly getting caught out.

It's only a defensive team if they decide to sit in around their own box but if they keep a high back line they are anything but defensive.

Some pretty strange behaviour there. Much the same as the folk who chuck patio furniture across European town centres instead of having a laugh with their pals on holiday, there seems to be an undercurrent of anger despite it being one of the most exciting days in their footballing history. 

Just now, Fratelli said:

Some pretty strange behaviour there. Much the same as the folk who chuck patio furniture across European town centres instead of having a laugh with their pals on holiday, there seems to be an undercurrent of anger despite it being one of the most exciting days in their footballing history. 

Bit mad having the game on at 8pm on a Sunday night.

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

I travelled back through London today so naturally saw quite a lot of people heading around to various pubs/fanzones etc. 

Almost exclusively young men, many of whom are barely old enough to drink, so probably not a massive surprise this happens. A lack of bedraggled "yer da" types is not always a good thing. 

You get asked a few times why you're not supporting England. The scum that follows them making complete arseholes of themselves is enough. 

6 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It's only a defensive team if they decide to sit in around their own box but if they keep a high back line they are anything but defensive.

They've been defensive against most team bar Ukraine IMO.

23 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

That line-up is acceptance Italy are a better team and setting up not to conceded. Which is sensible enough.

This.

England going for their tried and trusted '0-0 at 70 minutes and start throwing yourself at the deck' approach that has blighted every stage of the tournament so far.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Bit mad having the game on at 8pm on a Sunday night.

Aye even having it at 6pm would've been much better. Judging by photos and videos i've seen, half of England have been at the pub since about 10 this morning, with the whole booking thing making folk book earlier slots to get a decent space etc making things worse. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

I doubt if this is really a back 5 from England.  They want to stop the Italians exploiting the space in front of Maguire and Stones, so they'll use of of these players as a holding midfielder I would imagine. 

I wonder how Italy will handle Kane and Sterling ? Their movement off the ball was really impressive against Denmark and caused the Danes kinds of problems. 

That said, Denmark were far too open in midfield and allowed England all the time in the world to set up attacks. I'm hoping that Italy will be more on top of that tonight....a bit more like Scotland actually.