Scotland v Moldova

Folk said the Denmark game was a 'free hit'. The reality is that this game was the free hit. A chance to try something other than 3-5-2, a chance to try different combinations, a chance to put a bit of a disappointing year and the Euro's behind us, a chance to score a few goals and gain a bit of momentum and a feel good factor in front of a decent crowd at Hampden.

An absolute waste, turgid, criminal stuff out there.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Meh.

I'll worry more about being honking on Tuesday if that happens.

Israel, as we well know, are average and have just flung 5 by Austria, so we should not fear them.

True, but we will play like they're Brazil and lose while they have the cigars out.

That's not as iconic as a Levein vs Czechs moment, but it's not a million miles off being a Levein vs Liechenstein moment or Vogts vs Faeroes moment.

Very, very poor tonight.

On another night, we'd have maybe got 2 or 3, but the fact is, we didn't, we missed a barrowload of chances we simply won't get against Austria, we looked flat and even a slightly better side than Moldova who have won 2 games in 26 matches (San Marino 0-1 & Andorra 1-0 both in 2019) we'd have been in a bit of bother IMO.

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

“There’s no easy games in international football anymore”…. against the side ranked 178.

lord-this.gif

Moldova 1-4 France
Turkey 4-0 Moldova
Moldova 1-0 Andorra
Albania 2-0 Moldova
Iceland 3-0 Moldova
Moldova 0-4 Turkey
Andorra 1-0 Moldova
Moldova 0-4 Albania
France 2-1 Moldova
Moldova 1-2 Iceland

Moldova 1-1 Faroe Islands
Denmark 8-0 Moldova
Moldova 1-4 Israel
Moldova 0-2 Austria
Scotland 1-0 Moldova

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Austria got pumped 5-2 by Israel

Even Steve Clarke hasn't had a result that bad.

Israel are probably a draw at Hampden away from finishing in 2nd place, the way it looks at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

3 at the back against Moldova at home is horrendous.

Tierney played as a 3rd wingback 

The horrendous thing was the finishing 

It should have been 7-0

Edited by Binos

Bit confused about what I just watched. Did we just sit back and contain one of Europe's worst sides to protect a 1-0 home lead?

I know I ought to be delighted by that stunning result in Israel, but unless we have a major upturn in performance, it just makes me think we're finishing fourth  :(

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not proving to be the greatest of judges on anything right now.

Agree. I think the best decision he could do would be to bring in a striking coach.

I'd say the last 2 games have shown some glaring tactical errors. The less said about Robertsons position v Denmark the better, but the decision to go with Nisbet and Dykes as our front two seems baffling.

Well that was the drizzling shits wasn't it!  Apart from the goal, which was well worked, I'm struggling to think of a singular moment of brilliance, creativity or spark at all in that game.  The fact we sat back towards the game against one of the supposedly worst teams in the world (at least according to the rankings) should give everyone the fear.

I'm going to go against the general grain here though and refrain from getting torn into Kevin Nisbet.  And why, well can anyone answer me what Che Adams did differently, or better, than what Nisbet did, with the absolute garbage service he received.  Because let's be brutally clear here, the goals for column isn't just as a result of the poor performance of the strikers, the service they got was absolute nonsense.  McGinn did well enough, but looked as if he was struggling fitness wise, to be expected given he has just returned from illness/injury.  But we are so short of creativity in that central area it's scary.  We could have done with someone like Ryan Gauld in that 'number 10' style role who at least would have been the in-between midfield/strikers to have perhaps created some useful chances.

At least it was a win, but I have the real fear for Tuesday night, as no doubt we'll retreat into our shell like most away performances and struggle to either a draw or a 2-0 or something defeat, which will be the end for our qualy hopes.

Not sure what the answer is at this stage, but it's clear to see we are bereft of creative and striking options.