Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

The German bursting into tears every time the horse didn't follow her command prob didn't help. Could understand if she did it at the end but that level of anxiety surely only made things worse with the horse.

Bit of a mad event that with the disciplines included in it, especially with how it's not their own horse and they only get 20 mins with itbefore their run starts, and how it plays out, although that's what I like about the Olympics and these type of events.

7 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Yes looks excellent. I might make some enquiries into my local modern pentathlon club.

It's easy.  The best way to start is joining your local Pony Club and take part in their tetrathlon programme - similar to modern pentathlon but there's no fencing and it's a cross country course rather than showjumping and you use your own nag.  My eldest did it from aged 12-15.  Great if you're ok at a few disciplines but don't excel at any.

In your case, The Eglinton Hunt branch of the Pony Club in Ayrshire would be ideal - as long as you're under 25.  https://branches.pcuk.org/eglinton/tetrathlon-9-nov-17/

Let us know how you get on.

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Just seen the replay of the mens 4x100.  Bit harsh to say he had a decent lead and fucked it.  When he got the baton he was only about 1m ahead.  That’s only about 1/10th of a second.

When did Italy get so good at sprinting!

tremendous games for them

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The triathlon relay was great because it was a genuine race.  The madison was better because they were so dominant.  A truly exceptional performance.

I don't work on a Friday so watched the whole Madison.  The way they ran the race, and especially the way the two lassies handed over one to another, was like  watching a piece of choreography.

A brilliant piece of work.

Good old BBC. Steve Cram with his 'Gandam' moment, describing Sapporo during the Womens Marathon.
The "famous Sapporo TV Tower though I looked up famous buildings in Sapporo & that was it".
Then went on to say he could remember the Winter Olympics that were held there, though couldn't mind the year. (1972)
Like a Japanese commentator describing Sunderland as a shithole really.