Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

I was a fan of Hugh Porter but I think Simon Brotherton is as good a sports commentator as I've heard, he shows a real knowledge and interest the sports, and in cycling he reads the races very well too. Boardman is always aware of team position and points  and who needs to do what.

Along with Jameson and Moorhouse they are my favourite commentary team on TV.

14 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

I was a fan of Hugh Porter but I think Simon Brotherton is as good a sports commentator as I've heard, he shows a real knowledge and interest the sports, and in cycling he reads the races very well too. Boardman is always aware of team position and points  and who needs to do what.

Moorhouse & Jamieson's chat, during the open water swim, on training, mad songs getting in your head, Frosties & not being able to count past 5, was scarily accurate

.🤣🤣😂

Edited by kiddy

12 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

I agreed, but then I remembered Woodall and McIntosh on the Olympic boxing - not sure how they rate  when compared to professional boxing commentators but they seem like completely different sports to me anyway . Woodall even called the knockdown in the boxing this morning, which hardly ever happens in the Olympics.

BBC commentators - great. Pundits- mixed bag. Presenters- dreadful 

39 minutes ago, Left Back said:

See the German coach that punched the horse in the pentathlon has been horsed out of the olympics.  Symbolic more than anything but rightly so.

"Saint Boy is not among the horses due to be ridden during Saturday's men's modern pentathlon competition.

The horse cleared just four fences before crashing into the fifth and then repeatedly refused to jump, eliminating Schleu with zero points as it had done earlier to another competitor, Gulnaz Gubaydullina."

Tokyo Olympics: German pentathlon coach thrown out for punching horse - BBC Sport

18 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I agreed, but then I remembered Woodall and McIntosh on the Olympic boxing - not sure how they rate  when compared to professional boxing commentators but they seem like completely different sports to me anyway . Woodall even called the knockdown in the boxing this morning, which hardly ever happens in the Olympics.

BBC commentators - great. Pundits- mixed bag. Presenters- dreadful 

McIntosh does my box in though, barely stops talking long enough for Woodhall to get a word in.

He may also be the ugliest man in the world

Spoiler

_48161220_ronaldmcintoshstill640.jpg

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

GB is excellent at events ending in "athlon". Maybe we could ask them to rename rowing "rowathlon"?

what a disappointment they were this olympics, they will surely get a fair whack of their funding cut now for Paris.

Really need a guy for the decathlon though