English Premier League 2021/22 Season

The Government have issued a special license to Chelsea meaning that staff are paid, including players.
Interestingly though, individual tickets bought before 10th March can still be used by fans. Should they beat Lille and Middlesbrough, I'd have thought that would mean no Chelsea fans at either the quarters of the Champions League or at Wembley in the FA Cup semi respectively.
There's chat of opposition clubs selling away tickets directly to Chelsea fans but I'm not sure how that would work for neutral venues - FA or UEFA to sell them to Chelsea fans? That would presumably mean that Chelsea would still be entitled to a proportion of the gate money so would that be frozen similar to how food and drink income supposedly will be? Can away fans attend Stamford Bridge with that gate money going a similar way?

They'll have to sell the club very quickly. £330m/year expenses on wages alone.

Only £16m in the bank as of June last year.
I think I read that the sale is now on ice but could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm just gutted that Andy Jacobs isn't on Talksport today.

I haven't listened to Talkshite for quite some time. Tell me, because I may alter my listening later depending on the answer here - but is Jason Cundy still on that station?

2 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

I haven't listened to Talkshite for quite some time. Tell me, because I may alter my listening later depending on the answer here - but is Jason Cundy still on that station?

Aye he's still on the 10pm-1am slot, now with the broadcasting titan that is Jamie O'Hara.

Edited by Fratelli

56 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

The Government have issued a special license to Chelsea meaning that staff are paid, including players.

Interestingly though, individual tickets bought before 10th March can still be used by fans. Should they beat Lille and Middlesbrough, I'd have thought that would mean no Chelsea fans at either the quarters of the Champions League or at Wembley in the FA Cup semi respectively.

Like to think it will be minimum wages.......

Surely there will be similar sanctions on Arsenal and Everton......and lets sanction Newcastle while at it......

I think I read that the sale is now on ice but could be wrong.

Seems like it can go ahead as long as the money doesn't benefit Abramovich.

The government wont just tank the club. They'll just force a sale on their terms. It'll presumably have to happen in the next couple of weeks

27 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Like to think it will be minimum wages.......

Surely there will be similar sanctions on Arsenal and Everton......and lets sanction Newcastle while at it......

Usmanov's gone from Arsenal, Kronke bought him out. 

Chelsea statement saying they will fulfill tonight's fixture then they want a sit down with govt over the licence to operate.

Seems like they are vaguely suggesting they won't/can't continue under these restrictions.

Get doon, go bust.*

*not really, UK gov will simply back down

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Chelsea statement saying they will fulfill tonight's fixture then they want a sit down with govt over the licence to operate.

Seems like they are vaguely suggesting they won't/can't continue under these restrictions.

Get doon, go bust.*

*not really, UK gov will simply back down

will their fans still sing Abramovic's name tonight I wonder........

I wonder what Tory donor will pick up Chelsea for peanuts.

Looking forward to people pretending they had no idea about the history of Abramovic, and just thought he was a Russian who enjoyed football 

Also 

Edited by Clown Job

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Must say I am a bit stuck between "letting the government control football clubs is bad" and "letting governments control football clubs is bad" but from two different angles.

Ah don’t worry about the wider implications for a while. Just enjoy this for the objectively good laugh that it is. 

When you look at Chelsea, Arsene Wenger was right. They were the first obvious case of financial doping. Megabucks owner came in and essentially bought 18 years of success. The club as an entity didn't have the fan base to sustainably produce those sums of money themselves.

In truth, very few clubs can make their own money at that level - certainly Man City, PSG, Newcastle and so on can't do it without being bankrolled by oligarchs.

Must say I am a bit stuck between "letting the government control football clubs is bad" and "letting governments control football clubs is bad" but from two different angles.

I’m not viewing it like that tbh. The government isn’t controlling the football club, they are controlling the man who owns the football club. Loads of thicko fans complaining that this is unfair on Chelsea and their fans, that the fans are being punished. Chelsea fans have experienced the greatest moments in their entire history because of Abramovich. It’s nobody else’s fault that he’s in bed with a warmongering lunatic. Chelsea are one of Romans assets and therefore the sanctions will impact Chelsea. It’s quite simple. Hoping for loads more tears from these c***s and hopefully Chelsea will suffer enormously. Preferably by doing a Rangers.