English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Howe will either scrape survival or bomb.
Either way, he’ll be sacked by the World Cup and replaced either by Koeman, or the most impressive manager at the World Cup who failed to take their side out the group stages.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Who will be their Robinho.... Somecunt on about 550k p/w sharing a dressing room with Jeff Hendrick....

What's Gonzalo Higuain up to these days?  Or how about Oscar?  Remember him?

Edited by senorsoupe

Would Gerrard want to leave mid term? And would Rangers willingly enter discussions ?

I do think this is his last year in Scotland but if he’s so keen on the Liverpool job after Klopp, he needs to consider his next move carefully. I don’t think Villa is that job for some reason.
He'd be better waiting for the Leicester job.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I honestly think Howe is a bit overrated as a manager. That’s not to say he isn’t really good, but more that everyone seems to talk about him as being brilliant, despite only really doing a good job at Bournemouth and a not especially good one at Burnley. 

Fair play to him for taking them through the leagues like he did but he's not the first manager to take a club from League 1 to the EPL. The media loved the story because they had their quaint 8,000 capacity ground but they often managed to conveniently forget the bit about the billionaire owner. 

He did a very good job keeping them away from relegation trouble initially but much of his recruitment in the EPL years was absolutely horrendous and sure enough they ended up imploding spectacularly. 

He's not the man I would be trusting to splurge the first batch of cash, that's for sure. 

8 hours ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

It'll be him and it'll be utterly nauseating. The Liverpool wankfest we had to put up with when Houllier was our (mis)manager, multiplied by a thousand.

Probably the two players I've most disliked in the last twenty years have been John fucking Terry and Steven fucking Gerrard. We will end up having employed them both, just to piss me off.

Maybe we can find a way to give Robbie fucking Savage a job, while we're at it.

I take it the rumours about the Denmark manager are a lot of rubbish?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Who will be their Robinho.... Somecunt on about 550k p/w sharing a dressing room with Jeff Hendrick....

Aaron Ramsey

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

What's Gonzalo Higuain up to these days?  

he's currently a team mate of Lewis Morgan

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I take it the rumours about the Denmark manager are a lot of rubbish?

No idea, to be honest. Gerrard sounds the most likely given that he's been mentioned by just about every journalist and the bloke doing the selecting, Christian Purslow, loves him.

24 minutes ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

No idea, to be honest. Gerrard sounds the most likely given that he's been mentioned by just about every journalist and the bloke doing the selecting, Christian Purslow, loves him.

It was a bit mad to sack him, in my opinion. He wasn't that bad. Fair enough if they had a better replacement lined up. 

After thinking about it, here are the 3 players I legit think that Newcastle will try to go for.  

1. Aaron Ramsey

2. Jesse Lingard

3. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

I have no idea how much they will pay for them but you can expect Man Utd and Liverpool at least to put a hefty markup. 

After thinking about it, here are the 3 players I legit think that Newcastle will try to go for.  
1. Aaron Ramsey
2. Jesse Lingard
3. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
I have no idea how much they will pay for them but you can expect Man Utd and Liverpool at least to put a hefty markup. 

Ramsey is a guarantee to end up there.
Lingard isn’t leaving United unless it’s to West Ham, and Oxlade Chamberlain isn’t leaving Liverpool until the end of the season.

I can see Howe going for half his former Bournemouth players for some reason.