English Premier League 2021/22 Season

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Caught Offside is garbage,  they make shit up all the time, however Rodgers is someone who would fit the bill there, as far the the owners go, decent manager, and won't demand stuff like Mourinho did and Conte probably would have, or it could be a way to make fans stick will their current gaffer, shit manager who as a player won you the european cup or an ex liverpool manager ? i really can't see any truth in this, because if Poch got sacked from PSG he'd automatically be their #1 choice

9 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Moyes has made the Athletic Stadium actually enjoyable to go to. That in itself is hell of an achievement.

Said it a few times, but Declan Rice is on another level. He walks into any other side in that league. 

Rice and Soucek are both exactly the sort of player Villa desperately need. West Ham are in good shape having both of them. Feel like they're the real deal this season, the only concern would be I'm not sure how much strength in depth they have up front if Antonio gets injured.

22 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

you seem to rate moyes highly ? more fool you.

Moyes is a great manager.

I actually agreed with Carragher earlier when he pointed out that people only seem to highly rate the handful of manager who have won Champion's Leagues titles etc, but there there are lots of excellent managers out there at clubs that won’t win big trophies. Moyes is one of those guys.

I still think Rodgers will end up at Newcastle.  All of the money in the world an ability to build your own team from the ground up would be a more enticing prospect than trying to wrangle a bunch of egos to a guy like Rodgers who is not very good at wrangling a bunch of egos

9 hours ago, Meldrew said:

i really can't see any truth in this, because if Poch got sacked from PSG he'd automatically be their #1 choice

😂

Aye, they'll be fucking desperate to follow up a failure like Ole with a guy who failed to win a one-horse race last season with one of the world's richest clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

😂

Aye, they'll be fucking desperate to follow up a failure like Ole with a guy who failed to win a one-horse race last season with one of the world's richest clubs. 

you stick to that bag of w**k who play at dens, you obviously know f**k all outside of that shithole.😘

Sky desperate for Gerrard to get the Villa job it seems.  You have to imagine they'll approach him.

Would Gerrard want to leave mid term? And would Rangers willingly enter discussions ?

I do think this is his last year in Scotland but if he’s so keen on the Liverpool job after Klopp, he needs to consider his next move carefully. I don’t think Villa is that job for some reason.

Gerrard to Villa would be a weird move for them, imo. The job he’s done at Rangers is undoubtedly impressive, but he was taking a side who were already among the best in the league and made them undisputedly the best in the league. Villa are in a relegation battle, something he has no experience of either as a player or as a manager. I’m not saying he couldn’t do a good job there, but it would be a fairly large gamble.

Also a gamble for him obviously, if he takes it and they go down then that makes his chances of getting the Liverpool job any time soon a bit more remote.

I can still see it happening though. 

11 hours ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

Rice and Soucek are both exactly the sort of player Villa desperately need. West Ham are in good shape having both of them. Feel like they're the real deal this season, the only concern would be I'm not sure how much strength in depth they have up front if Antonio gets injured.

It's a funny one, Soucek hasn't been near the level he was last year, but I think that's in part because Rice is now allowed to get forward. 

Antonio will always have a flurry of goals then have a quiet period, but they desperately need someone who does a similar amount of running. Vlasic / Yarmalenko just aren't at the same level. 

The new potential owner was there yesterday, so that seems to be gaining momentum.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Sky desperate for Gerrard to get the Villa job it seems.  You have to imagine they'll approach him.

It'll be him and it'll be utterly nauseating. The Liverpool wankfest we had to put up with when Houllier was our (mis)manager, multiplied by a thousand.

Probably the two players I've most disliked in the last twenty years have been John fucking Terry and Steven fucking Gerrard. We will end up having employed them both, just to piss me off.

Maybe we can find a way to give Robbie fucking Savage a job, while we're at it.

Edited by Small Bovine Maisonette

Howe to Newcastle is not a long term appointment, I think. Keep them in the league, bring them to mid-table, but as soon as a genuine big name manager becomes available he'll be shunted out. 

I think right now they’re more likely to go down, come up and avoid the drop just before a new manager succeeds him.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Gerrard to Villa would be a weird move for them, imo. The job he’s done at Rangers is undoubtedly impressive, but he was taking a side who were already among the best in the league and made them undisputedly the best in the league. Villa are in a relegation battle, something he has no experience of either as a player or as a manager. I’m not saying he couldn’t do a good job there, but it would be a fairly large gamble.

Also a gamble for him obviously, if he takes it and they go down then that makes his chances of getting the Liverpool job any time soon a bit more remote.

I can still see it happening though. 

Hilarious as it would be, I don't see Aston Villa as being in a serious relegation battle. They also have an ownership willing to invest and an existing squad (at least going forward) which is underperforming. It's a reasonable position to take over and Gerrard wouldn't get the Liverpool job off the back of Sevco.