English Premier League 2021/22 Season

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59875348

From La Liga title, Champions League, sunshine to the miserable North East. Money talks, but given this is probably only the start this month of the spending, I'm sure many will hope they get relegated and players like Trippier blow their chances of attending the World Cup. Inflating already heavily inflated bank balances at the expense of trophies and success, you'd think all those years at Spurs he'd be wanting a bit more.

Has never been to the North East (of England).

1 hour ago, Charles Stiles said:

Has never been to the North East (of England).

I've been to the North East (of England) and also to many parts of Spain, and trust me in comparison one is has favorable climate and full of culture while the other is not.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

I've been to the North East (of England) and also to many parts of Spain, and trust me in comparison one is has favorable climate and full of culture while the other is not.

Obviously the weather helps and granted South Shields doesn't have a Linekers Bar but to write the whole area off as miserable because it's not Spain is a bit OTT. Now if he was signing for Scunthorpe...

7 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The Greggs franchise she opened in Madrid was apparently haemorrhaging money and she wants to give it another go back in England. 

Greggs tapas, a wee bit of everything sounds great. Quite well covered for bakers in general though.

8 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Trippier will be in a beautiful farm house somewhere in County Durham.

People are acting like he's giving up Spain for a council house in Walker or Benwell.

I like Wallsend, it's like a pirate village.

44 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Trippier will be in a beautiful farm house somewhere in County Durham.

People are acting like he's giving up Spain for a council house in Walker or Benwell.

Not sure that living in the middle of nowhere, miles away from all the dishevelled, orc-like locals is quite the winning argument that you think it is.

20 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They finished 2nd and reached the Europa League final last season. They'd finished in the top 3 in both full seasons under Solskjaer in fact, something they'd done only once between Ferguson leaving and him taking over.

He might have had some utterly embarrassing results and have been out of his depth a bit, but he was still their best manager since Ferguson. Rangnick was a very weird option to replace him, a guy who had basically been out of top level management for more than a decade, with one brief exception.

Rangnick is merely a plaster on an axe wound that’s awaiting major surgery.

On 05/01/2022 at 13:42, bdu98196 said:

You're going to have to flesh that out...

TalkSport is something else. There's no mouth breathing, nasally neds like on the Scottish call-in shows but they still talk the some amount of shite.

In the past week-
Eddie Howe has turned Joelinton into as good a midfielder as Patrick Viera.
Conte needs the sack.
Phil Jones is better than Mings and should go to the World Cup.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

TalkSport is something else. There's no mouth breathing, nasally neds like on the Scottish call-in shows but they still talk the some amount of shite.

In the past week-
Eddie Howe has turned Joelinton into as good a midfielder as Patrick Viera.
Conte needs the sack.
Phil Jones is better than Mings and should go to the World Cup.

I've not tuned in for a while but when you have dunderheids like O'Hara, Agbonlahor and Brazil as lead pundits surely the quality of callers is the least of their issues.