English Premier League 2021/22 Season

27 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Have you never actually thought this through? Surely you understand that it is ok to say anything you like about someone once they are dead but when they are alive they are entitled to due process and the protection of the law and civil norms like anyone else. 

Weird hill to die on, especially as I haven't slandered anyone or said anything prejudicial.

This may shock you but I don't actually have any powers to sentence Giggs or Greenwood, I'm just a guy on the internet criticisng their awful behaviour. Like thousands before and after me. (Much worse is frequently posted about them on Man Utd forums).

I'm also not saying they should not stand trial (they clearly should) and in the meantime they should be slated online for their awful behaviour.

I think OJ Simpson is a murderer too by the way, despite his acquittal.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We were some 5s team in our day though.

Idk, looks like only one decent player. Hope you were careful during any post match drinks. 

Edited by Satoshi

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Nobody wants to get sued.

Pretty sure the tweet @RandomGuy.posted has already been taken down.

They can comment on it very easily without defaming Greenwood. 

All it needs is something to the effect of the following: allegations very troubling and should be investigated as a matter of urgency, the behaviour alleged is abhorrent, is unacceptable and Greenwood should be suspended until he's been investigated. Credit the victim for coming forward and support her. 

If Greenwoods lawyer is feeling litigous he can probably look on every UK football forum (and many international football and non football forums) and see his abhorrant behaviour being attacked and criticised by virtually everyone commenting.

You're got more chance of willing the Euromillions than being sued for calling out his behaviour.

37 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Mason is such a shit name.

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's my nephews name.

And that was my reaction when I heard that was what his parents called him.

It’s a proper neddy name imo, no offence to your nephew. See Cooper & Carson also.

56 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

It’s a proper neddy name imo, no offence to your nephew. See Cooper & Carson also.

Every second young English player coming through seems to either be called Mason or Harvey. 2 absolutely gimpy names.

9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The BBC and Sky Sports have, at last, reported the Greenwood allegations several hours after the papers.

Both (particularly Sky) hoping that it would 'just go away' 🤔

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Weird hill to die on, especially as I haven't slandered anyone or said anything prejudicial.

This may shock you but I don't actually have any powers to sentence Giggs or Greenwood, I'm just a guy on the internet criticisng their awful behaviour. Like thousands before and after me. (Much worse is frequently posted about them on Man Utd forums).

I'm also not saying they should not stand trial (they clearly should) and in the meantime they should be slated online for their awful behaviour.

I think OJ Simpson is a murderer too by the way, despite his acquittal.

Idk, looks like only one decent player. Hope you were careful during any post match drinks. 

This is so moronic. You don’t know if Giggs did what he is accused of. You won’t know until the outcome of the case. 
The Greenwood allegations need to be investigated. 

I understand the opportunity to condemn others is, for many humans, an utterly intoxicating thing. But what a functioning non-moron does is he/she waits at least until he/she knows with reasonable certainty whether the allegations he/she is criticising actually occurred. 

It’s not hard. Just try to hold yourself back until you know for sure. In the meantime there are people found guilty of heinous crimes every day and you can satisfy your lust for dishing out condemnation on them.

Edited by Thorongil

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye. I carried that team the tray.

There you go