English Premier League 2021/22 Season

17 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Nothing will come of this legally. She will not press charges (or be paid not to) and without her there is no case.

The fans won't forget he is a rapist woman beater though

That is likely to be the very big issue. She'll have, literally, millions thrown at her to retract. She might even have a few bob to continue with prosecution from some quarters. 

Not easy for her.

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You aren't "uninformed" though. That's entirely my point. I'm very much against people jumping on bandwagons to condemn other people when the only 'evidence' is one person's word against another's but in this case there is clear evidence of what has taken place.

We don't need a court hearing to determine whether or not he's guilty. The only thing required from a court is a sentence.

I would however love to hear what you think Greenwood's side is though.

“We don't need a court hearing to determine whether or not he's guilty.”

Scary.

”I would however love to hear what you think Greenwood's side is though.”

I’ve told you, I’ve no idea.

You don’t think due process is necessary and you can’t follow a basic thread of discussion. 

Please, never serve on a jury.

19 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Nothing will come of this legally. She will not press charges (or be paid not to) and without her there is no case.

The fans won't forget he is a rapist woman beater though

That’s not how it works. It’s for the Police and CPS to decide.

The quote from her Dad is a shocker, although there is a bit at the start of the quote which has been cut out of the screenshot going around. It adds a slightly different tone to it, but it's still a mental thing to say regardless.

As others have pointed out, it does seem like his antics have been known amongst folk within football and the media, and that folk knew he had something like this hanging over him. I remember seeing a rumour on Twitter around a year ago of him having some sort of altercation with his girlfriend but nothing ever came of it. That comment on Reddit from last year isn't hard to believe.

The more i think about it, the media buzz around him did seem to disappear pretty quickly last year, he went from being talked about every week as the next superstar, to going under the radar somewhat. In previous years his omission from the England squad would've been the subject of radio phone ins, endless articles etc but it was basically a non issue. 

Edited by Fratelli

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We don't need a court hearing to determine whether or not he's guilty. The only thing required from a court is a sentence.

From what I've seen a couple of times elsewhere, that could be a problem. Some are saying that by posting the video she has inadvertently made a fair trial virtually impossible meaning it can't go that far. It could be one reason it was taken down but of course that doesn't matter now as it's permanently out there. I don't know if it's true or not but I can see what they're getting at.

“We don't need a court hearing to determine whether or not he's guilty.”
Scary.
”I would however love to hear what you think Greenwood's side is though.”
I’ve told you, I’ve no idea.
You don’t think due process is necessary and you can’t follow a basic thread of discussion. 

So you've no idea what the alternative is to how this lassie received these bruises and clear abuse on tape and yet you're still trying to kid on your better than those who have made a basic judgement going by what's been presented to them?

Uh huh.

1 minute ago, Charles Stiles said:

From what I've seen a couple of times elsewhere, that could be a problem. Some are saying that by posting the video she has inadvertently made a fair trial virtually impossible meaning it can't go that far. It could be one reason it was taken down but of course that doesn't matter now as it's permanently out there. I don't know if it's true or not but I can see what they're getting at.

Indeed. It’s more complex than things appear at first, at least in the criminal sense. 

I think his best hope is to avoid a criminal case and I’m sure he will have top lawyers. 

I can’t see him ever playing for Man Utd or England again. Will be surprised if he ever plays professional football at all.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

So you've no idea what the alternative is to how this lassie received these bruises and clear abuse on tape and yet you're still trying to kid on your better than those who have made a basic judgement going by what's been presented to them?

Uh huh.

How could I possibly have any idea? The matter is still being investigated.

How could I possibly have any idea? The matter is still being investigated.

If you don't have any reasonable alternative to hand then maybe lay off the folk who have seen and heard damning evidence and are choosing to trust their own senses. You're not better than people because you try and be edgy I'm afraid.

The quote from her Dad is a shocker, although there is a bit at the start of the quote which has been cut out of the screenshot going around. It adds a slightly different tone to it, but it's still a mental thing to say regardless.
As others have pointed out, it does seem like his antics have been known amongst folk within football and the media, and that folk knew he had something like this hanging over him. I remember seeing a rumour on Twitter around a year ago of him having some sort of altercation with his girlfriend but nothing ever came of it. That comment on Reddit from last year isn't hard to believe.
The more i think about it, the media buzz around him did seem to disappear pretty quickly last year, he went from being talked about every week as the next superstar, to going under the radar somewhat. In previous years his omission from the England squad would've been the subject of radio phone ins, endless articles etc but it was basically a non issue. 
The guy that tweeted this had previously reported that Greenwood had been taken in by police in December 2020.49f9787e1d7abaeeba8807ebb8772ada.jpg

I’m sure he’d be absolutely fine on a jury. This an internet chat forum, not a criminal courtroom. People are allowed to make very reasonable conclusions based on damning evidence.

This sanctimonious “I refuse to comment until legal proceedings have taken place because I’m extremely intelligent” stance isn’t quite the look you think it is.

Far too many folk on this planet think that you're a moron unless you're wedged on top of the fence.

You're allowed to pick a side if one side is someone who beats and rapes women while being recorded, m8.

47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you don't have any reasonable alternative to hand then maybe lay off the folk who have seen and heard damning evidence and are choosing to trust their own senses. You're not better than people because you try and be edgy I'm afraid.

I’m within my rights to think my opinion is better.

Edited by Thorongil