English Premier League 2021/22 Season

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

What audio recording? We’re talking about Ryan Giggs.

In that case then, it is just good old fashioned Witness Statements and Testimony from Police Constables ( of any rank)  that are not employed by the discredited and useless Metropolitan Police.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Luis Diaz has signed for Liverpool for £37.5 million.

Have they paid Jorge Mendes, a parasitic "super-agent" after he got involved in the failed Spurs deal late on..

In other news a bear has just taken a shit in a forest.

29 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

And other active people, in all walks of life, do not kid yourself that this is just a rich, spoilt and entitled issue. They just find it easier to make it go away.

I don't disagree, but important to give for context domestic abuse is far less common now than it used to be. Sadly, in some countries it is not conisdered a crime. Still a long way to go, but things are better than they used to be.

20 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

That’s a scary post. His legal status is currently innocent. He is accused of criminal offences. He is awaiting trial.

if he is not convicted, his legal status remains innocent. If he is found guilty then his legal status changes. 

Courts do establish innocence, with regularity.

Do you think Jimmy Saville, Michael Jackson and Hugh Hefner are innocent? Even Playboy is throwing Hugh Hefner under the bus.

Where do you find this 'legal status' exactly? It's not a term I'm familiar with. If he is found not guilty, he will be not guilty (the court won't declare him innocent).

And nope, courts set out to establish guilt, not innocence. They are not the same thing.

14 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Where would one look? No idea what I'm looking for.

Edit: sorry, thought this was a Man city thing but was from his time at Liverpool.

Yep, Sterling is just an example but there are many others. I don't think there's much serious doubt he did what he accused of, but he got off.

The same way Steven Gerrard did for punching a DJ repeatedly. How do I know he did it? It was on video....

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Is there recordings of Giggs too?

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

In that case then, it is just good old fashioned Witness Statements and Testimony from Police Constables ( of any rank)  that are not employed by the discredited and useless Metropolitan Police.

Quite. It's a curious idea that unless someone is convicted they can't be criticised. Good news for Genghis Khan.

For the avoidance, I think Giggs is an absolute c**t and the publicly available information about him makes this a 100% sure bet.

Edited by Satoshi

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

That’s for a court to judge alongside all the evidence. You’re not in a position to do that. We don’t even know what the defence case is yet. 

People who prejudge the outcomes of criminal court proceedings based on what they see in the media - possibly one for the Calling Cards of Morons thread.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I don't disagree, but important to give for context domestic abuse is far less common now than it used to be. Sadly, in some countries it is not conisdered a crime. Still a long way to go, but things are better than they used to be.

Do you think Jimmy Saville, Michael Jackson and Hugh Hefner are innocent? Even Playboy is throwing Hugh Hefner under the bus.

Where do you find this 'legal status' exactly? It's not a term I'm familiar with. If he is found not guilty, he will be not guilty (the court won't declare him innocent).

And nope, courts set out to establish guilt, not innocence. They are not the same thing.

Yep, Sterling is just an example but there are many others. I don't think there's much serious doubt he did what he accused of, but he got off.

The same way Steven Gerrard did for punching a DJ repeatedly. How do I know he did it? It was on video....

Quite. It's a curious idea that unless someone is convicted they can't be criticised. Good news for Genghis Khan.

For the avoidance, I think Giggs is an absolute c**t and the publicly available information about him makes this a 100% sure bet.

Oh my. 😮

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well you'd either steamed in on the wrong player or there was more to Giggs case. That's why I asked.

Yeah i get that now, sorrow, thought you were talking about another Man Utd Winger, in my defence the thread is not exactly clear. Nice to see Mr Briggs standing up for alleged sex offenders in any circumstance mind.

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

That’s for a court to judge alongside all the evidence. You’re not in a position to do that. We don’t even know what the defence case is yet. 

People who prejudge the outcomes of criminal court proceedings based on what they see in the media - possibly one for the Calling Cards of Morons thread.

You are a serious fucking wrong un. Ignore button applied until a mod does the right thing.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Yeah i get that now, sorrow, thought you were talking about another Man Utd Winger, in my defence the thread is not exactly clear. Nice to see Mr Briggs standing up for alleged sex offenders in any circumstance mind.

The thread is perfectly clear, and I’ll take your apology as I assume it was intended to be directed at me. What was it you said I should do, “take my misogynistic head out of my arse”? 
Apology accepted. 

5 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I get that, at this stage he 100% should get charged. If he wants to put up defences that i.e. its not his voice on the audio or it was some kind of weird kinky roleplay then test it in court.

Prima facie though it looks damning for him.

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I get that, at this stage he 100% should get charged. If he wants to put up defences that i.e. its not his voice on the audio or it was some kind of weird kinky roleplay then test it in court.

Prima facie though it looks damning for him.

I’m talking about Ryan Giggs. He HAS been charged and is awaiting trial. 

Regarding Greenwood, thing look absolutely shocking. It needs to be thoroughly investigated by the police and the correct action taken from that investigation. Then he may plead guilty or a court will decide.

At the moment things look incredibly bad for Greenwood but things will need to be verified before the police can charge him. 

16 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Oh my. 😮

Hmm yeah, probably not best to be on the side of Saville, Michael Jackson, Ryan Giggs and Hugh Hefner these days.

Fair play for sticking it out, it means people will instantly see you're a wrong un rather than having to find it out gradually. 

12 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Where did I stand up for alleged sex offenders? 

I only pointed out that you wrongly thought that tape related to the Ryan Giggs case.

You are either incredibly stupid or just trolling very badly.  

2 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Hmm yeah, probably not best to be on the side of Saville, Michael Jackson, Ryan Giggs and Hugh Hefner these days.

Fair play for sticking it out, it means people will instantly see you're a wrong un rather than having to find it out gradually. 

Have you never actually thought this through? Surely you understand that it is ok to say anything you like about someone once they are dead but when they are alive they are entitled to due process and the protection of the law and civil norms like anyone else. 

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

I only pointed out that you wrongly thought that tape related to the Ryan Giggs case.

He’s having an absolute nightmare and that comment directed at you should be actionable by the mods.

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said: